The Ice Hockey Thread

shull

Thanks for that HSS. Enjoyed reading it. I must have caught the tail end of both the Ice Hockey and the Rink as it would be about 1968/69 i remember going there. My sister used to go skating a lot there too .They used to have concerts that she always wanted to go to but the headline axcts always seemed to pull out just before they wrre dus. Amen Corner etc

My Dad took me to see the Wrestling at the Paisley Ice Rink.

Mick McManus and the rest of the famous grappling dudes.

Also witnessed Professional 5 a side football getting played on the defrosted arena . I think Morton won that particular Tournament.

This is the only interesting thing about ice hockey.

For this year’s Paisley beer festival, thumbup2.gif Renfrewshire CAMRA is helping to mark the 70 th anniversary of the Paisley Pirates ice hockey team, with the local club set to feature on the pint glass issued to all visitors as part of their entrance fee.
Edited by FTOF

Fun fact (or not so fun depending on how you look at it). One of my distant relatives is / was the infamous former Paisley Pirates player / coach Doug Marsden who vanished along with a pile of cash that was donated to the Pirates about 10-15 years ago. We're related in some way through my dad's cousin who moved to Canada in the 1950s, so 4th cousins or something similar. I only ever met the guy once or twice in the 90s. He's still listed as a missing person (presumed dead) after going to Falaraki on holiday.

Fun fact (or not so fun depending on how you look at it). One of my distant relatives is / was the infamous former Paisley Pirates player / coach Doug Marsden who vanished along with a pile of cash that was donated to the Pirates about 10-15 years ago. We're related in some way through my dad's cousin who moved to Canada in the 1950s, so 4th cousins or something similar. I only ever met the guy once or twice in the 90s. He's still listed as a missing person (presumed dead) after going to Falaraki on holiday.

I knew Dougie quite well.He worked in Cafe Borgia to boost his Pirates wages.He was shagging one of the best looking barmaids,in fact the pair of them appeared on C4s The Big Breakfast on their "Wake Up Call".

Dougie was certainly talk of the steamie when he disappeared

I'd like to think he's still kicking about somewhere.

I knew Dougie quite well.He worked in Cafe Borgia to boost his Pirates wages.He was shagging one of the best looking barmaids,in fact the pair of them appeared on C4s The Big Breakfast on their "Wake Up Call".

Dougie was certainly talk of the steamie when he disappeared

I'd like to think he's still kicking about somewhere.

Why did Dougie puck off ?

Was a tremendous player, if I remember rightly he played an entire game because of injuries to other imports. Irate pirate could possibly say if I remember that correctly.

I seen that a friend of mines husband ex Pirate Jamie Hammell was inducted into Peterboroughs hall of fame the other week there.

Poz, can I recommend you for doing the artwork :P

Can't remember that particular game, but sounds about right. Heard a good few stories about DM, some may be true, some not, but either way a "colourful character" would be a good way to describe him.