St Mirren V Ross County Spfl Premiership 25/10/14

shull

County second chopped off was correct decision, first one is inconclusive as it doesn't show Kelly and attacker when ball is played. When it does show them the attacker is goal side of Kelly, hard to tell.

Why is Tommy Craig on the BBC gibbering away that the goal should have stood?

It is good to see young players pass the ball about, play good football and be given the chance to express themselves. We did play well for the first 65 minutes, with a proper striker and proper goalkeeper we would have been 3 or 4 up.

We don't have a proper striker or goalkeeper though because the signing policy and scouting system at the club is a joke!

And to see the team once again run out of steam because they aren't fit enough is just unacceptable.

Two things yesterday summed us up. The brilliant passing move that created what would have been one of the greatest St Mirren goals I've ever seen.....only for Ball to not even manage to get a shot or even any part of his oversized body on to it!

And then 1 minute in to injury time against the worst team in the league at home, and the ballboy and Kello spend about 45 seconds arsing about before a goal kick is taken. WHERE WAS THE f**kING URGENCY??

If Craig is not to go, then he better work out a way to remove Kello, Caldwell, Ball and Marwood from the club, get some acceptable replacements in, and get these guys motivated enough to start winning matches.

Edited by Kemp

I would stop feeding this particular trol. he seems to be revelling in his notoriety and trying to redeem his shitty behaviour last year by pretending to be balanced and factual in respect of Mr Craig.

He is obviously trying to explain away his reprehensible behaviour last year by attempting to portay himself as a Dickson-style wind up merchant.

like all others, he will go away if ignored (maybe coming back with a new identity if he is still hooked on the attention)

What a bizarre individual you are.

Asking for the manager not to be sacked after 11 games is trolling?

Don't think so. What is trolling is criticising the Saints travelling support for something they didn't do, at a game you weren't even at, and then slinking away like a coward when asked to apologise. Trolol.

The only issue I have with Tommy Craig is his record with St Mirren is similar to his record with Charleroi and I don't think he should have been appointed.

I defended Danny Lennon because from his 2nd season on I thought he either did well or OK for us. I defended him when we were 11th last season after our bad start and predicted we would finish 8th or 9th and that some account should also be taken of the League Cup win and 8th place the previous season. Last year we finished 8th despite a honking season in the transfer market and Lennon serving time on DVZ, Barron and Mair and I fully expected Lennon to have overhauled the defence has he stayed on.

Tommy wasn't my choice for manager either, but he's been appointed. As such, I am going to give him a chance and back him. Why won't you do that?

Interesting you cite Lennon doing well ' from his second season on '. Tommy joined for his second season, coincidence?

Why come on here every week and ask him to be sacked? You think that helps?

I actually don't think it was all that bad a game.

We were well on top for long phases... and has some absolutely wonderful passing moves. For spells, we were actually a joy to watch.

Our problem is twofold and is obvious.

Up front, we miss the Tommohawk like nobody would have believed. This is a tragic bit of bad luck... but that said... Thommo is a class above anybody we could realistically expect to have at the club... and we need to prepare for life after him anyway!!!

Bigger problem is a long standing one... when we are so defensively fragile, we can have all the possession in the world and all the pretty passing movements out... but we can be cut open and destroyed by one simple pass.

Twice we were sucker punched when well on top.

It is to our credit that twice we fought back... but those defensive frailties have been glaringly obvious for how long now?

Full marks to McLean and McGinn who are starting to look like a midfield partnership that can function without a minder... our boys are growing up!!! Please get off their backs and encourage them....can you even begin to imagine life without them at present?!

Still wondering what on earth Caldwell has to do to get a run! He had a presence and a lot more effective movement when he came on. Ball is devoid of confidence... that was obvious in his missed sitter. Had he simply thrown himself in the direction of the ball I'm convinced it would have bounced off him and in... but he didn't want to hit it first time and misjudged the bounce completely... purely a confidence issue imo.

Ultimately a draw was right and fair... but what a lost opportunity.

Excellent post.

It is good to see young players pass the ball about, play good football and be given the chance to express themselves. We did play well for the first 65 minutes, with a proper striker and proper goalkeeper we would have been 3 or 4 up.

We don't have a proper striker or goalkeeper though because the signing policy and scouting system at the club is a joke!

And to see the team once again run out of steam because they aren't fit enough is just unacceptable.

Two things yesterday summed us up. The brilliant passing move that created what would have been one of the greatest St Mirren goals I've ever seen.....only for Ball to not even manage to get a shot or even any part of his oversized body on to it!

And then 1 minute in to injury time against the worst team in the league at home, and the ballboy and Kello spend about 45 seconds arsing about before a goal kick is taken. WHERE WAS THE f**kING URGENCY??

If Craig is not to go, then he better work out a way to remove Kello, Caldwell, Ball and Marwood from the club, get some acceptable replacements in, and get these guys motivated enough to start winning matches.

Kello is out of form and should be dropped for a while but he was great last season and was universally hailed as a good signing. He is not a dud in the class of Marwood Imo.

What a bizarre individual you are.

Asking for the manager not to be sacked after 11 games is trolling?

Don't think so. What is trolling is criticising the Saints travelling support for something they didn't do, at a game you weren't even at, and then slinking away like a coward when asked to apologise. Trolol.

I think you will find i did apologise, sort of. and the comment in the first place was along the lines of "If this is true, those involved, etc"

If yu are not at thegame then you are kind of dependent on media reports

And the most important point, we were talking about you, not to you. But trust me, it will be the last time

Tommy wasn't my choice for manager either, but he's been appointed. As such, I am going to give him a chance and back him. Why won't you do that?

Interesting you cite Lennon doing well ' from his second season on '. Tommy joined for his second season, coincidence?

Why come on here every week and ask him to be sacked? You think that helps?

So does Tommy Craig get to share the credit for the highlights in DLs reign? But in terms of signings and wasting the budget last season...that was all Danny?

So does Tommy Craig get to share the credit for the highlights in DLs reign? But in terms of signings and wasting the budget last season...that was all Danny?

Only Danny and Tommy know how much or little influence Tommy had during his reign.

What is unquestionable, is that we improved when Tommy arrived. In his 3 seasons as assistant we set and then matched a 20 odd year league high position in 2 of them, and won a title in the other.

Terrible , terrible game with this season's relegated 2 on show. Unless we get shot of Clueless Craig now we're heading for another few years in oblivion. For fuxake someone hurry up and buy the club and at least we can be rid of the apathy which exists within the clubs hierarchy !

Terrible , terrible game with this season's relegated 2 on show. Unless we get shot of Clueless Craig now we're heading for another few years in oblivion. For fuxake someone hurry up and buy the club and at least we can be rid of the apathy which exists within the clubs hierarchy !

It's a bit remiss of you to omit Motherwell from this category.

Now that they've stopped overspending, reality has come home to roost.

Was speaking to 'Well supporter who says that they are truly dreadful.

I wouldn't rule out St.J and Thistle being drawn into the mix.

You are however correct in your assertion that we and RC are two extremely poor football teams.

It's a bit remiss of you to omit Motherwell from this category.

Now that they've stopped overspending, reality has come home to roost.

Was speaking to 'Well supporter who says that they are truly dreadful.

I wouldn't rule out St.J and Thistle being drawn into the mix.

You are however correct in your assertion that we and RC are two extremely poor football teams.

I was chatting to a 'Well first team regular at a gig this week , he was saying that they already have deals in place for new arrivals in January. I don't expect them to be around the bottom feeders by early spring.

I was chatting to a 'Well first team regular at a gig this week , he was saying that they already have deals in place for new arrivals in January. I don't expect them to be around the bottom feeders by early spring.

Saints completely outplayed Well on the opening game of the season. Seemed like one of those 'funny old game' things when Well nicked an undeserved winner.

However Well have proven to be just as bad as they looked that day.

We too will have the opportunity to sign players in January - and hopefully we may have Thompson back fit again.

Osborne and Teale will also surely become available again.

For the last few weeks we have been playing with a very very young team; with several players being asked to play more major roles than anyone expected at the start of the season. .

I expected Elvis to say we were poor yesterday, but genuinely suprised at the reaction of so many others.

I thought we played some excellent stuff in very large parts of the game and with some of our injured players back, and maybe one or two signings in January I don't see why so many have us as relegation certs.

With all of the doom and gloom around the performances, and our long losing streak at the start, you might think we'd be lucky to be only 4-5 points behind second bottom. We're not.

And he knows this how? Motherwell are skint like most other teams and I would wonder how they would know who is available and affordable? I will judge us in January when hopefully we have some of our injured players back and match fit. You may be right Billy and Motherwell bring in new payers but so will we and the other teams around the bottom. I think, personally, that Motherwell were reliant on certain players who have now left the club and, like us, are now struggling for consistency and quality. Mind you, I would take Sutton back in a heartbeat.

Saints completely outplayed Well on the opening game of the season. Seemed like one of those 'funny old game' things when Well nicked an undeserved winner.

However Well have proven to be just as bad as they looked that day.

We too will have the opportunity to sign players in January - and hopefully we may have Thompson back fit again.

Osborne and Teale will also surely become available again.

For the last few weeks we have been playing with a very very young team; with several players being asked to play more major roles than anyone expected at the start of the season. .

I expected Elvis to say we were poor yesterday, but genuinely suprised at the reaction of so many others.

I thought we played some excellent stuff in very large parts of the game and with some of our injured players back, and maybe one or two signings in January I don't see why so many have us as relegation certs.

With all of the doom and gloom around the performances, and our long losing streak at the start, you might think we'd be lucky to be only 4-5 points behind second bottom. We're not.

Well said.

Only Danny and Tommy know how much or little influence Tommy had during his reign.

What is unquestionable, is that we improved when Tommy arrived. In his 3 seasons as assistant we set and then matched a 20 odd year league high position in 2 of them, and won a title in the other.

I'm not anti-Tommy Craig and I am sure he deserves some credit for the improvement from Danny's 2nd season on. I'm sure part of the improvement was Danny had a better measure of the league and what was required to... oh and a few other factors would also include signings like Goodwin, Thompson, Teale, Hasselbaink, Tesselaar that season and McLean continuing his progress from the previous season.

You can't expect him to say anything but, frankly. How would it look if you posted that he said "we are really struggling this season, don't see much of an improvement unless we get a few new players in - mind you we're skint".

And he knows this how? Motherwell are skint like most other teams and I would wonder how they would know who is available and affordable? I will judge us in January when hopefully we have some of our injured players back and match fit. You may be right Billy and Motherwell bring in new payers but so will we and the other teams around the bottom. I think, personally, that Motherwell were reliant on certain players who have now left the club and, like us, are now struggling for consistency and quality. Mind you, I would take Sutton back in a heartbeat.

Sounds like Motherwell have already identified who they need and want to bring in and have the deals ready to go, whereas we will probably be waiting to offload players to see what we have left and will bring in freebies like Djembe Djembe after the window closes. Motherwell have lost 2 or 3 decent players from last year's team - Hutchinson seems to be their biggest miss, but I don't see them as be so weak this year that in 1 season they will fall from 2nd last year to staying 11th or 12th this year. They may just slip out of the top 6 but I can't see them being worse than 8th.