Tranmere Rovers - The Only Way Is Up!

Liverpool Bud

Fa Cup rnd 1

Going with my lad

Fingers crossed we beat Bristol Rovers

Onwards and upwards!

I see your wee team have been drawn away to Oxford........tough one.

Your wee wee team away to Gateshead.....I bet Warrington breathed a sigh of relief when they realised Marwood ain't there anymore!!!!

A good win for Rovers yesterday away to Bury in the intertotoanglopaintpotcup

A mixture of squad players / youngsters and a few returning from injury went a goal behind but scored 2 in reply to ease into the next round

480 away fans on a bitch of a night

Onwards and upwards

New manager win back to back games !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very positive New Years message from the Tranmere chief executive

Backing the new manager - making money available for a bit of business during the transfer window

Club have sold the land they have historically trained on and are embarking on a central training complex for academy upwards

Fingers crossed for positive 2015 for the Super White Army

Hi Liverpool bud, I don't know you but as a saints fan and a part time " tranmere fan" I was looking for your help. My father in law passed away last night from brain cancer and one of my friends has given me a signed tranmere ball to auction/raffle in aid of beats on cancer charity in Glasgow if you have any info on a similar site to black and white army for tranmere supporter that maybe would allow me to post the ball I would appreciate it

Cheers

Drew

Evening Bud

I'm sorry to hear your sad news

I'm sure there will be interest in your signed ball

I stopped being active on the Tranmere forumns a long time ago - due to the negative nature of some of the support but Tranmere have 2 active forums

One is called The Paddock used to be known as Total Tranmere on the football network and the other was called The Cowshed

I'm sorry but I'm on my phone do including links is beyond me!

But I hope this has been a small help

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Another crucial point this weekend agains relegation strugglers Hartlepool

Crowds remain consistent about 5 k

Some exciting loan signings who should improve the squad and competition for places

The only way is up!!!!!

2 points dropped more like.

Yes you are correct

What odds for a 6-6 draw

It was a bizarre game and both teams could have scored double figures

Toon always brought a good crowd - Kop end when I first starting going to Rovers then laterally the Borough Rd end

Would I be right to say the last time the clubs met was around 2005 ish in the quarter final of FA cup with Rivers sneaking a victory?

Sorry, only taken me 3 months to read your post and reply. Would you believe that was in 2000 in the FA cup quarters?

http://www.nufc.com/html/trfca.html

Good game that. Myself and Kenny P had to make do with tickets in the Tranmere end if i remember rightly. Toon fans were in the end to our left i think. Our coach load stopped off at Wetherby on the way back for a drink and there were numerous clashes with p*ss*ed up Leeds fans who had been drinking since their early KO at home to Man U finished at about 2.30. We got there about 7/8pm so they'd certainly had a few by then.

Edited by john scott

Iain Hume, a Canadian, had a trial for Saints but it never worked out...

This Tranmere player has also had a REAL-LIFE trial just to be a footballer.

Read this, see the fotie... and think of Lee McCulloch....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/10/iain-hume-tranmere-india-kerala-dreams

Edited by bluto

Just back from the Tranmere game v Carlise- fairly good game - Tranmere has the balance of the play but couldn't break down a well organised defence led superbly by Saints "legend" Danny Grainger ( their captain )

I was delighted to see Carlisle losing midweek to 93 + 94 min injury time goals after being 1-0 up.

I hate Grainger and wish him nothing but bad luck.

• 2 weeks later...