£0.05 Carrier Bag Charge To Save The Polar Bears

shull

Most people recycle the 'packaging' that food, etc, comes in, unlike plastic bags which mostly get chucked in the bin.

The bags supplied for food waste are usually biodegradable.

Th policy has been in place over here for a few years now, and it works, despite all the claims of impending Armageddom if it was brought in.

"Most people" - have you got any evidence of that?

Here is the North Lanarkshire page on what goes into the recycle bin theres no mention on there of plastic food packaging. Indeed if you look at the page on general waste polythene and polystyrene are listed. Another anomaly is that whilst NLC may well be in the process of rolling out these "glass bins" that it mentions on those pages, none have as yet been delivered to our local area. Previous instructions told us to put glass bottles and jars into the recycling bin, but around 3 months ago we all received notice not to do that anymore and to put them in the general waste.

"Most people" - have you got any evidence of that?

Here is the North Lanarkshire page on what goes into the recycle bin theres no mention on there of plastic food packaging. Indeed if you look at the page on general waste polythene and polystyrene are listed. Another anomaly is that whilst NLC may well be in the process of rolling out these "glass bins" that it mentions on those pages, none have as yet been delivered to our local area. Previous instructions told us to put glass bottles and jars into the recycling bin, but around 3 months ago we all received notice not to do that anymore and to put them in the general waste.

Most people here, yes. We have the second highest recycling rate in the EU.

I (like most on here) simply don't believe you as you have been caught lying too many times. You are just making up shit and throwing it out there, trying to discredit a political party that you don't like. FFS, I'm sure that there are plenty of real situations you could complain about rather than making shit up. Just because you know about a shop doesn't mean your story is true - I could say that I went into the Palace of Westminster today and did a shit on the floor, it doesn't make it true just because I say the building's got a big f**king clock stuck on the end of it.

You're being pathetic. For a start Midlothian Council isn't being run by the SNP. The SNP has 8 seats on the council, as does Labour.

The Scottish Government policy of imposing a tax on shoppers to use plastic bags is poorly thought out though. If they truly believed that having retailers charge 5p for a plastic bag was going to save the planet surely it would have been far better to implement a scheme more akin to that of the one I described in St Tropez. The fact that you've chosen to single my comments out for abuse when Bluto, Shull and others have been just as scathing shows just how defensive you've become and how obsessed you are with my posts. I'm flatted but you're still a fanny. :rolleyes:

You're being pathetic. For a start Midlothian Council isn't being run by the SNP. The SNP has 8 seats on the council, as does Labour.

The Scottish Government policy of imposing a tax on shoppers to use plastic bags is poorly thought out though. If they truly believed that having retailers charge 5p for a plastic bag was going to save the planet surely it would have been far better to implement a scheme more akin to that of the one I described in St Tropez. The fact that you've chosen to single my comments out for abuse when Bluto, Shull and others have been just as scathing shows just how defensive you've become and how obsessed you are with my posts. I'm flatted but you're still a fanny. :rolleyes:

What does flatted mean Dicko?

I give him two days to implode. lol.gif

Since the day when you "threatened" to come "visit" me at Wishaw Sports Centre at a kids football match and then failed to show I can't really read your posts without imagining you as the coward in the corner. You know the kind. The sort that hides behind his Natsi mates chipping in every now and again saying the kind of things you'd be too scared to say to me personally. :rolleyes:

We keep proper carrier bags in the car . after the bags are empty they are retuned to the car boot ready for the next visit.

Getting rid of plastic is a real problem it takes 500 years for plastic bags to break down into the soil which they are dumped at , it's a real problem given the amount we go through. So anything to try and educate people to go carry proper shopping bags has to be a good thing.

Oil companies make more money from plastic than they do from fuel.

Guest TPAFKATS

As long as our governments want to keep opening new airports or expanding existing airports, then I will be reassured that cutting down on carrier bags is an irrelevancy.

Spoken like a bus driver, as opposed to a pilot ;-)

Guest TPAFKATS

This scheme is being introduced to reduce pollution and help wildlife as opposed to global warming and polar bears. Have a look at the side of roads and river banks and tell me there isn't a problem with plastic bags littering the country.

Anyway, off to aldi where I always need to pay for bags if I forget to take my own. My kid thinks I look like Roy from corrie walking through the car park with my 'bag for life'. I assume he's a suave debonair kinda chap?

Yet another lie as has been shown several times. But you might not have seen them as you run away and hide for several days when your shown to have lied.

Tick tock.

Oh so you did turn up then? You just decided not to confront me? It's not me hiding Cockles, I even provided the details of where I would be and what time I would be there. You were the one who chose not to "visit"

all the info about this charge can be found here

www.carrierbagchargescotland.org.uk

I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest that local councils or anyone else will be charging small retailers for their plastic/paper bag usage. From what I can make out the system will be largley self policed. Personally I have never charged for bags and today I have started charging but all profits i.e. every penny over what the bags cost me will be getting donated to the Beatson.

This scheme is being introduced to reduce pollution and help wildlife as opposed to global warming and polar bears. Have a look at the side of roads and river banks and tell me there isn't a problem with plastic bags littering the country.

So maybe this bags nonsense is simply due to those living in the Central Belt being boggin?

There just isn't that amount of plastic bags litter in the highlands/Islands, nor down here, that I've been aware of. :unsure:

Guest TPAFKATS

People can still throw their carrier bags away in the countryside, even though they paid for them at a Supermarket.

Yes they can, however evidence points to about 75% reduction in bag usage, so less bags being thrown away.

The treasury also stands to make a few million quid from it as well...

Anyway, off to aldi where I always need to pay for bags if I forget to take my own. My kid thinks I look like Roy from corrie walking through the car park with my 'bag for life'. I assume he's a suave debonair kinda chap?

yes he is a fashion icon and quite a ladies man cough! he is also the owner of a michelin star restaurant

What the f**k has this got to do with councils, it was the Scottish Government you were trying to attack for bringing this in.

The difference between you and Bluto/Shull/others is that they can just come on here and state their opinion while you always have to make up stories about talking to shopkeepers/friends/friends-of-friends/youth-footballers/dinner-party-guests/anycunt to try and back up your opinion. If it was one or two "heard it from a friend" stories, like most people, then they might be more believable - but you do it constantly. FFS, you can't even tell the difference between Michael Portillo and Andrew Neil, how can we believe you even know it was a f**king shopkeeper you were talking to. Did you just think it was a shopkeeper until they gave you your medicine. You can be "flatted" all you want and maybe I am a fanny, but at least I am an honest fanny and not, like you, a little fat lying turd of a human being. You're a f**king joke.

What the f**k has this got to do with councils, it was the Scottish Government you were trying to attack for bringing this in.

The difference between you and Bluto/Shull/others is that they can just come on here and state their opinion while you always have to make up stories about talking to shopkeepers/friends/friends-of-friends/youth-footballers/dinner-party-guests/anycunt to try and back up your opinion. If it was one or two "heard it from a friend" stories, like most people, then they might be more believable - but you do it constantly. FFS, you can't even tell the difference between Michael Portillo and Andrew Neil, how can we believe you even know it was a f**king shopkeeper you were talking to. Did you just think it was a shopkeeper until they gave you your medicine. You can be "flatted" all you want and maybe I am a fanny, but at least I am an honest fanny and not, like you, a little fat lying turd of a human being. You're a f**king joke.

Turbo boost power there !

If I have to buy a bag then I want a feckin plain one rather than one advertising the store I have shopped in

That's why I took my Tesco bags into Morrisons earlier.

Petty I know.

If Morrisons want me to advertise them then they can give me bags for free or pay me.