Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

Can someone post the link that this guy is making a bid for SMFC - where has this been stated as I can't find any mention of SMFC in any of the AUFC takeover ramblings ?

Shiels for Craig anyone - bound to happen if this has any truth to it (which i very much doubt)

I heard the name Ashley mentioned......

Bit of a worry as his only business experience to date was a failed meat retail operation in a fictional north west town.

i dont know,mr gilmour may find that the alleged dutch/kuwaiti group have tabled favourable intentions for the future of the club and if he thinks its for the good of the club then he will give it the go-ahead. The KLM-EMIRATES stadium ?

The time has come for us to be sold , however fans wanting it sold to anyone should be careful what they wish for.

I'd sell to them on the provisos of them buying a patch of land less than a mile away & offering them plans to build a nice wee run down , rickety effect stadium with a ramp , big floodlights and outside toilets :)

Spiritual home would lift the gloom & we could put Tommy in a time capsule not to be opened until...

The time has come for us to be sold , however fans wanting it sold to anyone should be careful what they wish for.

A much repeated statement on here but one , in this case , that I disagree with. The club is needing revitalised as is the whole of the Scottish game , if this involves taking a wee chance then we should still go for it. If we don't , then years in the lower divisions beckons !

I'd sell to them on the provisos of them buying a patch of land less than a mile away & offering them plans to build a nice wee run down , rickety effect stadium with a ramp , big floodlights and outside toilets smile.png

Spiritual home would lift the gloom & we could put Tommy in a time capsule not to be opened until...

would be great to sell to a saints fan group but its been five years now and nothing has come of that,so selling to a group who have good intentions seems the best bet

A much repeated statement on here but one , in this case , that I disagree with. The club is needing revitalised as is the whole of the Scottish game , if this involves taking a wee chance then we should still go for it. If we don't , then years in the lower divisions beckons !

This 100%. All new ownership comes with risk anyway.

Problem is that if the new owners get 75% you might not be able to ever get them out again.

Why are you talking about getting them out before they're even in?Are the new buyers to suffer the same "fan reaction" as our recent Managers have? Edited by HSS

It amazes me that fans are willing to take such a big risk with the ownership of our club. I hope and think SGG isn't willing.

Look at what's happened to Rangers (rip), Hearts, Livingston, Dundee and Dunfermline and the like due to dodgy owners recently.

Really puts our current 'problems' into perspective. Be careful what you wish for.

Edited by TopCat

If we're lucky.

The problem with Scottish fitba is the SFA.

It's their job to sell the game and make it attractive to punters and sponsors... Yet they cannae even get a tv deal?!

Do they even try?

They can't even guarantee sporting fairness and don't communicate with the fans - despite this being the most open (so far) and competitive league in years.

Scottish fitba needs a new SFA.