Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

Blind loyalty can only go on for so long - against a back drop of the ugly sisters Gilmour and Co have done us well. You can't grudge them wanting to earn a few bob. As fans we just need to trust in their judgement and hope that if there is anything in this that it heralds the start of a new era.

Change is good smile.png

The problem with Scottish fitba is the SFA.

It's their job to sell the game and make it attractive to punters and sponsors... Yet they cannae even get a tv deal?!

Do they even try?

They can't even guarantee sporting fairness and don't communicate with the fans - despite this being the most open (so far) and competitive league in years.

Scottish fitba needs a new SFA.

It's the SPFL who negotiates the leagues tv and sponsorship deals. The SFA's jurisdiction is the Scottish Cup, the national teams and disciplinary issues.

Blind loyalty can only go on for so long - against a back drop of the ugly sisters Gilmour and Co have done us well. You can't grudge them wanting to earn a few bob. As fans we just need to trust in their judgement and hope that if there is anything in this that it heralds the start of a new era.

Change is good smile.png

Might be more a case of, they don't what to be out of pocket.

The 75% has been a block for some time now. Shares and cash have already been exchanged. clap.gif

There is no going back.

Isle of Bute Saint must be choking on his cornflakes this morning! lol.gif:

Why would I choke on cornflakes ?

Because I want what is best for the long term prosperity of St Mirren football club.

The next question surly must be. Why would anyone from Holland and Kuwait want to invest in a small Scottish club that is internationally known to play in a shit league that does not even have sponsors.

Surely we will only get a buyer that thinks there is opportunity to make profit from St Mirren and that can't be all bad.

Unless someone decides to asset strip the club then the only other way is prize money and sale of players, which would lead to exiting times ahead for us.

I understand the fears of going the way of hearts, rangers etc..

However part of me thinks f**k it it's not that bad if we have some fun and enjoy our selves

Surely we will only get a buyer that thinks there is opportunity to make profit from St Mirren and that can't be all bad.

Unless someone decides to asset strip the club then the only other way is prize money and sale of players, which would lead to exiting times ahead for us.

However part of me thinks f**k it it's not that bad if we have some fun and enjoy our selves

Are you taking up golf.

Perhaps the reason for the inactivity is that the secret buyers are so secret they don't know who they are therefore can't communicate with each other.

Realistically I can't see anyone wanting to take a punt on Saints with the cash neccessary to sway the consortium given the fact we appear to be on a downward spiral, League wise. Catch twenty two?

Pod:

Are you taking up golf.

Going to the cinema?

Edited by stlucifer

Asset strip?Are the new owners going to take the Renfrewshire Cup to Cash Converters?

Do you mean exiting or exciting!!!

is the bold bit a freudian slip?

I think asset strip is the only way anyone can make money from a non-old firm club in scotland

we dont have that many assets that can be realised. the stadium is only worth land value and nobody else would want a stadium there. take away the demolition costs and the ground we have is worth hee-haw, really.

Ralston is on a highly-conditioned lease and would have to be returned to some sort of public use if we vacated-so no value there either.

Unless we get a sugar-daddy or a fan-led consortium in charge then we are stuffed-cant see the fun in that

Why would I choke on cornflakes ?

Because I want what is best for the long term prosperity of St Mirren football club.

The next question surly must be. Why would anyone from Holland and Kuwait want to invest in a small Scottish club that is internationally known to play in a shit league that does not even have sponsors.

You'll be choking on your cornflakes because you said that the someone buying up the extra 24% of shares was a sweetie wife tales...

based on an e-mail exchange with one of your pals! :lol:

Holland and Kuwait? You are so gullible! :lol:

i dont know,mr gilmour may find that the alleged dutch/kuwaiti group have tabled favourable intentions for the future of the club and if he thinks its for the good of the club then he will give it the go-ahead. The KLM-EMIRATES stadium ?

Close Buddiecat, but below is the organisation with head offices in Holland/Kuwait..

Kuwait
kuwait-mp.jpg

Kuwait Petroleum International (Corporate Head Office)

PO Box 1819

Safat 13019

Kuwait

Tel: +965 2233 2800

Fax: +965 2233 2776

Kuwait Petroleum International (Europe)

Schenkkade 50

2595 AR The Hague

The Netherlands

Tel: +31 70 315 2200

Fax: +31 70 710 1310

If Carlsberg did provincial SPL club takeovers..?

Better known as Q8

Edited by Lord Pityme

Close Buddiecat, but below is the organisation with head offices in Holland/Kuwait..

Kuwait

kuwait-mp.jpg

Kuwait Petroleum International (Corporate Head Office)

PO Box 1819

Safat 13019

Kuwait

Tel: +965 2233 2800

Fax: +965 2233 2776

Kuwait Petroleum International (Europe)

Schenkkade 50

2595 AR The Hague

The Netherlands

Tel: +31 70 315 2200

Fax: +31 70 710 1310

If Carlsberg did provincial SPL club takeovers..?

Better known as Q8

Can we double the club shop up with a petrol station then?

A Scottish club with ownership that has good football contacts in Holland would be excellent , chuck in a modest budget to bring players in and that's better still.

I,m quite happy for us to take a wee gamble on the clubs future .

I think the best way for St Mirren to progress is to build as big a support as possible , and that's quite difficult when the team loses every week .

New ownership , a couple of new signings and a wee change might be quite good Saints ,.

A team the size of saint mirren thatis in a location like paisley, considering the current climate of world football... I don't see any interesting profit being made for business men so unless there is some crazy rich man out there who feels like wasting money I dont think saint mirren will be going to the ownership of someone with good intentions for the club...I am very apprehensive about the sale but I guess it has to happen

The Dutch/Kuwati bid was shot down on the radio yesterday. Supposedly there was an enquiry a few weeks back but nothing since.

Chick then went on to say there were lengthy discussions this week with a businessman and St Mirren Park and that is progressing, but unlikely to wrap up in the near future.

Looks like it will rumble on.