Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

sorry but everytime we are on a bad run of form or the board are under pressure we hear that we are being bought.

have heard it too often in the last five years to believe it ,

when it happens who knows but i bet we wont be sold this side of the new year

sorry there are no buyers

some people may be happy to see us play in lower leagues and saving themselves a few quid on entry price, but i'd much rather see us play in the top league, i'd still go anyway but prefer to watch us against the best in the country

I don't give a toss which division we're in as long as we stay alive.

Its impossible for the club to lose money. We have no borrowing facilities.

Not correct.

There is a 6 figure loss each year.

Admittedly this is due to depreciation rather than borrowing, but fundamentallly that is what not filling in a Depreciation hole is, it is borrowing from the future, when at some stage something that is a depreciating asset will need to have money which should be reserved for annual trading spent on it

Yes there are interested parties talking to the club but that's all. The club is nowhere near being sold. That's from the horses mouth Stuart Gilmour.

60 miles off the cost of Brazil.

Chick Young said this in response to an article in the Sun Newspaper saying Dutch / Kuwaiti consortium would be buying the club this week.

Neigh bother mate.

Not correct.

Admittedly this is due to depreciation rather than borrowing, but fundamentallly that is what not filling in a Depreciation hole is, it is borrowing from the future, when at some stage something that is a depreciating asset will need to have money which should be reserved for annual trading spent on it

Sorry Richard but that is absolutely garbage. Depreciation represents the amortisation of a capital sum over its expected useful life - where that expected life is greater than 12 months. It's a basic accounting principle to match revenue with costs in any given year to deliver that revenue.

Any ongoing requirement to maintain the asset for annual repairs and renewals would be met through P&L.

That pic of Craig reminds me of two famous historical pics , Rangers manager Scot Symon during the famous Berwick defeat and Tony Mowbray during Cellics 4-0 humping from us , on both occasions it spelt the end for both of them , let's hope the same applies here !

Its impossible for the club to lose money. We have no borrowing facilities.

I was referring to a hypothetical scenario.

Presently our Club is being wonderfully run by our Board.

Living within our means and solvent.

Not correct.

Strange then this realisation was never discussed at 10000 hours sign up events?

Away and lie in yir pish!

The club could easily become mired in financial difficulties despite having no borrowing facilities.

Loss of major sponsorship from TV deals, commercial, etc as a result of relegation would have severe repercussions.

Some players are on contracts that will have relegation clauses. They will still need to be covered.

The club is struggling this year on the pitch and I'd hazard a guess that hospitality bookings and gate revenue are significantly down already this season.

People said the Titanic was impossible to sink......

I hope we don't get relegated, but under the current management's "football philosophy" we are in deep shit.

We urgently need significant experienced signings in January if we are to stand a chance of staying up. I believe that Motherwell will turn the corner and Ross County always invest in new personnel in January.

Who's under contract for next year?

From memory it's McLean, McAusland, Naismith, Kelly and Ridgers. I've probably missed a couple.

I'm going to push the boat out and say we could afford to pay those contracts if we get relegated.

The fiscal policy at St Mirren is simple: What comes in, goes out.

That won't change, regardless of what league we are in.

Edited by TopCat