Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

If commerical revenue is down should Kennedy not get the bullet then - after all that is his job.

A friend of mine with years and years of business sales offered to help for free when he got made redundant and Kennedy rejected this offer? Why would he reject an offer from a supporter willing to work for free to help raise money for the club?

The only idea Cambell has is to have a dinner for every possible thing.

If commerical revenue is down should Kennedy not get the bullet then - after all that is his job.

A friend of mine with years and years of business sales offered to help for free when he got made redundant and Kennedy rejected this offer? Why would he reject an offer from a supporter willing to work for free to help raise money for the club?

Don't get it when someone offers their services for free.

Even to get your mate in for a chat to see if he is suitable. Works both ways , good for the guy to get back into the work place by showing potential employers your mate has initiative. For the club it's a fresh mind who could add ideas. Also shows community sprit.

Billy, I reckon the BoD looked at the league this year and thought.... No Hibs, Hearts or Sevco...we should be OK to promote an assistant and two players to keep costs down and still survive until club is sold.

We needed a clean sweep as TC was very influential in DL signings and football philosophy.

They assumed we would be OK in a mini league with teams like Hamilton, Thistle, Dundee, Ross county and Killie.

It's a dreadful strategy-we have reduced income so we cut costs, but theway in which we cut costs leads to an ever more reduced income as fans, sponsors, etc find somewhere else to spend their money.

It's the business version of a self-fulfilling prophecy. A wee bit of spin lets the board pass it off as good stewardship,but it is nothing of the sort. Our commercial staff are fighting with both hands tied behind their backs

This board need to realise that our main asset (possibly the only real asset we have) is our SPFL status and they need to invest in that to increase income.

Cutting costsis fine if you re-invest at least some of the money saved in new and better assets to enhance the comercial and playing structures. Unfortunately that does not seem to be happening here and the only way for us really is down-andpossibly out cloud9.gif

i'm afraid they dont want anyone to come in and show they can do better than what is being done,would you invite someone into your job when there is a possibility of him/her being 10 times better than you which leads to them taking your job ?,i think the difficulty here is that CK is an employee and is only in charge of the hospitality suite, brian caldwell is another employee and runs the business side of things and neither would want anyone reigning on their parade

it's dangerous to let fans in to carry out the work of paid employees. FFS, we are a premiership team, not whitehill welfare!

Unaccountable people making decisions and carrying out uninsured work is not the way to go.

Maybe the club could look at a formal internship programme for fans with a future, but please-no enthusiastic amateurs shitting the place up even more

it's dangerous to let fans in to carry out the work of paid employees. FFS, we are a premiership team, not whitehill welfare!

Unaccountable people making decisions and carrying out uninsured work is not the way to go.

Maybe the club could look at a formal internship programme for fans with a future, but please-no enthusiastic amateurs shitting the place up even more

You really think it's a case of Hello Mr Smith here is your office there is the telephone. Oh forgive me forgot a pen and paper I will go and get you some.? Really

If someone is unemployed is experienced in sales and would like to help out then I can't see why a chat would be out of the question when it has the potential of benefits to both parties. If the club finds the guy unsuitable then fine at least they gave it a go.

Insurance ? Well I see there is railings up and down the stairs. Warning signs for wet floors to stop slips. Really can't think of high risk accidents happening within the stand. Maybe a dose of depression watching the team perform but that's about it.

The club have already taken on people training to coach kids for hee haw as reported in the Paisley Express recently.

Bet he doesn't pay to feed his fat face !

Poor shout that Billy.Campbell has been working his backside off for years for this club and as the licence holder he is present at weddings,funerals,birthday parties,sportsmans dinners etc and every corporate,annual dinner,youth development dinner.Theres lots more going on inside our club that the average fan does not see and i find it ridiculous that once again one of our own is targeted by a section of our support.I have been at various corporate days and dinners and will be at this weekends youth dinner and this is partly down to the terrific job Campbell and his staff carry out.We,re all frustrated by events on the park this season but dont take it out on the people working hard to keep our club at the top end of the hospitality market in the SPFL.

Poor shout that Billy.Campbell has been working his backside off for years for this club and as the licence holder he is present at weddings,funerals,birthday parties,sportsmans dinners etc and every corporate,annual dinner,youth development dinner.Theres lots more going on inside our club that the average fan does not see and i find it ridiculous that once again one of our own is targeted by a section of our support.I have been at various corporate days and dinners and will be at this weekends youth dinner and this is partly down to the terrific job Campbell and his staff carry out.We,re all frustrated by events on the park this season but dont take it out on the people working hard to keep our club at the top end of the hospitality market in the SPFL.

Poor shout in your opinion Ian. I beg to differ . Our club is dying in front of our eyes yet all some care about is who they know and the social back slapping that goes along with it. I care about the product on the park , not the product on my plate at these countless dinners !

Poor shout in your opinion Ian. I beg to differ . Our club is dying in front of our eyes yet all some care about is who they know and the social back slapping that goes along with it. I care about the product on the park , not the product on my plate at these countless dinners !

Believe me Billy they could serve me pieces on jam if they served me an excellent product on the park.The point i was making is that you had made a derogotary statement about Campbell feeding his fat face for free.The manager and directors are up there to be shot at but surely not a guy who works as hard as Campbell does.I go to the events with like minded Saints fans who have dug into their own pockets for the good of St Mirren football club.No social back slapping for the Northend boys and no mates rates either.

Believe me Billy they could serve me pieces on jam if they served me an excellent product on the park.The point i was making is that you had made a derogotary statement about Campbell feeding his fat face for free.The manager and directors are up there to be shot at but surely not a guy who works as hard as Campbell does.I go to the events with like minded Saints fans who have dug into their own pockets for the good of St Mirren football club.No social back slapping for the Northend boys and no mates rates either.

I just don't think he does enough , it's his job to get the hospitality premises used as much as poss for various types of event and he falls way short in comparison to other clubs !

Ian and Billy. There is no doubt Campbell does s decent job of that there is no doubt.However my wife have only attended hospitality once at the new ground and frankly I was disappointed.I preferred it at Love Street when Sally did the meals.The real problem is we should have a properly qualified Markerting Director to explore all the commercial possibilities of our lovely new stadium.Campbell would of course remain part of that team.In the meantime we are all agreed we require immediately a new Football Manager with sound ideas to ensure our Premiership status.

Seems to be everybody and his dog who are connected to the club is getting a good hard boot in the balls at the moment for children reading I mean foot-balls !

First off the new stadium hospitality is way better than old Love Street having attended both. Particularly liked the comedian at one of the events that is a great idea and should be done more , speakers or whatever

I'm sure if you ask anyone in the entertainment Industry they will tell you takings are down. Very few people have had wage rises while the cost of living has been rising over the past few years and it is biting into such things as hospitality. Normally I go along four times a season this season will cut the back to probably two.

It's all to easy to sit back and say this and that can be done. It's not as easy as what you think to get bodies through the door. Even when we have been playing well in past decades we still could not get punters through the turnstiles.

Seems to be everybody and his dog who are connected to the club is getting a good hard boot in the balls at the moment for children reading I mean foot-balls !

First off the new stadium hospitality is way better than old Love Street having attended both. Particularly liked the comedian at one of the events that is a great idea and should be done more , speakers or whatever

I'm sure if you ask anyone in the entertainment Industry they will tell you takings are down. Very few people have had wage rises while the cost of living has been rising over the past few years and it is biting into such things as hospitality. Normally I go along four times a season this season will cut the back to probably two.

It's all to easy to sit back and say this and that can be done. It's not as easy as what you think to get bodies through the door. Even when we have been playing well in past decades we still could not get punters through the turnstiles.

The matchday hospitality is intrinsically linked to the on the park perforamnces in the weeks leading up to it, so in that respect I can cut Campbell and others some slack. Equally with the economy there is less corporate spending going about so again that's outwith his control.

However when it comes to the non-match day activites then I do feel our commercial department are sadly lacking as we should be a go to venue for corporate meetings, given our proximity to the airport, and also we should be in the position where there should be able to better utilise the facilities for receptions and funerals.

The matchday hospitality is intrinsically linked to the on the park perforamnces in the weeks leading up to it, so in that respect I can cut Campbell and others some slack. Equally with the economy there is less corporate spending going about so again that's outwith his control.

However when it comes to the non-match day activites then I do feel our commercial department are sadly lacking as we should be a go to venue for corporate meetings, given our proximity to the airport, and also we should be in the position where there should be able to better utilise the facilities for receptions and funerals.

Various companies use our ground for seminars etc and the ground is regularly used for funerals and the like.Only last month one of our members had her wedding at the ground and the next night it was used for another members birthday party.Does anyone on here actually know of the events we stage or do they just take a guess that its being under utilised?

Ian.I understand and appreciate your comments.However I have the latest accounts which reveal commercial income has decreased.Therefore it is surely time to look at a complete reappraisal of our Commercial Department as I have already outlined starting with branding our new stadium.

Hi George,I,m not a shareholder and therefore dont have a copy of the accounts but here is no doubt that companies do not have the money to splash out on corporate events as some may have done in the past but you were in banking so i,m dont have to explain to you the economical downturn.It would be interesting to know if the commercial income has greatly decreased and which companies have pulled their support and reasons for doing so.As this topic is about new buyers i personally think that the sooner this is done the better as its clear to see that the board are treading water and wanting out(cant blame them really).This spreads through the club and the result is plain to see.The infrastructure is there with the ground,dome, Ralston etc but there is a flatness about the place and there is no positivity at the moment.I compare that to Braehead Clan and the difference is night and day.Hopefully something will happen soon and we can start enjoying our football again.