Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

Only mention budco/ newco doomsday scenario as ground is muted as worthless unless used as football stadium so potential future community buy up may be viable & we start again.

Know you're right though Paul.

We'd need to come back as The Garzo and The Pozbaird.... phone.gif

who would you support then?

When clubs can go in and out of business to avoid debts, be helped back by the football authorities bending rules, kick-offs as and when THEY decide on whatever days, mega prices for shite fitba, enforced seating, zealous stewarding, need I go on?

My new team would be Cineworld FC.

NO When you are a newco, it's because the club died. A newco St Mirren is a new club and I would not support them

why?

why would it matter?

do you think it matters to Airdrie fans that their club is technically clydebank?

the rangers situation matters to them because they have effectively lost all their trophies, can no longer lord it over everyone and everyone is laughing at them. Even worse for them is that they have lost all bragging rights over Celtic.

for us, it really wouldn't matter and it wouldn't matter to anyone else either

why?

why would it matter?

do you think it matters to Airdrie fans that their club is technically clydebank?

the rangers situation matters to them because they have effectively lost all their trophies, can no longer lord it over everyone and everyone is laughing at them. Even worse for them is that they have lost all bragging rights over Celtic.

for us, it really wouldn't matter and it wouldn't matter to anyone else either

It matters that going into liquidation to avoid paying the debts of unsustainable football is cheating. Is that really so irrelevant, when there is so much choice for a Saturday?

It matters that going into liquidation to avoid paying the debts of unsustainable football is cheating. Is that really so irrelevant, when there is so much choice for a Saturday?

and you would suffer the consequences, eg starting out in the 4th tier... At best

maybe not even starting back again whatsoever

racking up debts, going into liquidation and attempting a new start is not something id advocate

my point was merely that, in the event of us suffering the fate of the rangers, the fact that it would be a new club would not really be the issue for saints fans ad it is for that lot

personally, ive given up watching this club already never mind a new club!

have only heard about non foreign owners, but hopefully any new owner will get an experienced manager in,we cant go with promoting from within again,i've said before we need a clearout, all current staff members and first team coaches need to be immediately taken out of the picture for the managers job, the current stadium staff are stale and devoid of modern day thinking, the drive-in movie idea (lol.gif ) needs dropped and the person responsible for bringing in the telly in the corner (that can hardly be read)should already have had his erchy booted oot the door

Better than the one we had before.

Potential way back as a newco? Aye, in the way that Gretna are still on the go and a relation of the Gretna that played in the cup final and had a llama loving Woodbine puffer as sugar daddy.... effectively a Sunday league mob playing in a park that no-one gives a fcuk about.

We couldn't do it like The Sevco Franchise Allstar XI are doing it.... we don't have a never ending line of spivs in cheap Ralph Slater suits willing to keep the charade running so they can line their pockets, we wouldn't have 30,000 fans still turning out kidding on it's the same club, we wouldn't have the media crying from the rooftops that we must be saved, and we wouldn't have Doncaster, Regan, Ogilvie and a host of chairmen willing to bend over, take it up the arse, and go along with the pantomime.

I couldn't pretend a newco was St Mirren either. Not after The Rangers and my attitude towards them. That would take hypocrisy to a new level, never before seen by humankind

laugh.png

Quality

I suppose a tie and sock combo with the suit wouldn't even swing it for you ........... fit right in with the white sock spiv set

When clubs can go in and out of business to avoid debts, be helped back by the football authorities bending rules, kick-offs as and when THEY decide on whatever days, mega prices for shite fitba, enforced seating, zealous stewarding, need I go on?

My new team would be Cineworld FC.

I'd pick and choose a few Newcastle United home games, and would get a season ticket in 2022 for the new London NFL franchise. Would also play golf on those Saturdays that I normally didn't as we had a home game in the afternoon.

I would manage, put it that way.

Liquidation is not an option. Hope Sheik Mansoor reads B&W Army.

Am I the only one who doesn't want new owners to splash the cash?

By all means improve the matchday experience and try some innovative marketing ideas but we should not be paying transfer fees or inflated wages.

Supermarkets ain't buying land any more so we aren't going to hit that lottery win again.