Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

Im quite exited about a wee change , and look forward to having a board that have plans for our future , a future which they hope to make money from no doubt , but also hopefully a future that will see us watching exiting players and attacking footballers , for the new buyer,s model to work there needs to be quality players on show ,

With regards to business models at football clubs failing when foreign owners are involved , it is worth noting that just about every business model involving a football club has failed in recent years .

So lets hope something can be sorted out soon , that allows us to move into the second half of the season with a bit of confidence .

One would have thought that The Board had done their background checks prior to inviting them to the stadium and training facilities. I did notice them sitting in the main stand at Well match. Exciting times ahead.

When was the bid accepted ?

Why Did Motherwell knock them back ?

Tell us a success story of overseas Investors in Scottish Football please.....

When was the bid accepted ?

Why Did Motherwell knock them back ?

Tell us a success story of overseas Investors in Scottish Football please.....

We won't sell to the Argentinians mate, no way, there's 2 other consortium's looking at buying us as well and it was 1 of them who interviewed this David Thompson guy.

Just because an offer will be tabled does not mean a take over is 'Immenant'

The board will want to know what their long term plans are ensuring the club is 'safe'.

Some fans have done a bit of home work on past history on this consortium throwing up some serious history on one of them. The board will have done checks also I think this deal will be rejected. Could be wrong but I don't think so only time will tell.

The board are desperate. I can see this going through.

That's if our current chairman ever comes back from south Africa to sort out the future of our club!

Apart from the guy linked with a team called Rangers , do you know much about the other three ?

Even one should have your alarm bells , smoke alarm , missile defence system all going off at the one time. Bit surprised your thinking its worth a shoot Griff.

Did not know there are two other consortiums looking to purchase the club. Where did they spring up from as have heard nothing in the press ?

That's if our current chairman ever comes back from south Africa to sort out the future of our club!

Your being a wee bit harsh Yards. The club could have been sold by now , there have been 20 separate enquiries some 'not suitable' others not putting in a bid. Maybe you don't like the current board , fine but at the end of the day they are St Mirren die hard's. A lot of fans would give their right arm to have die hard's run the club.

As for Stuart being in South Africa so what ? Is the man not aloud to have a life outside the club. Remember this the guy that fought tooth and nail to save 'YOUR' club and with the rest of the board put up hard cash and signed over houses to save 'YOUR' club.

I work abroad in offshore. I speak to my wife a few times a day, we even video chat. It's almost 2015 mate there are lot's of way's to communicate , the day of the pigeon are truly gone. Lastly 20 different parties have looked at the club with not one making a firm offer even though they said they would. Just imagine Stuart cancelling his holiday each time someone came to look at the club.

I would just like a new set of owners in , and a game plan , that allows us to put a decent team on the pitch , I don,t think we can do any ,worse than we are just now.

Our current position in my opinion is as a result of two disappointing years of transfer windows .

A new set of owners / new contacts and a clear gameplan would hopefully improve us

To be honest , just getting to see Saints score would be nice

with them wanting to sell for years without managing to do so, coupled with the way some fans have turned on them recently who could blame them for jumping at any chance to sell up. I do however hope inspite of the muck thrown at them they still want what is best for our club and don't sell us down the river.

I would just like a new set of owners in , and a game plan , that allows us to put a decent team on the pitch , I don,t think we can do any ,worse than we are just now.

Our current position in my opinion is as a result of two disappointing years of transfer windows .

A new set of owners / new contacts and a clear gameplan would hopefully improve us

Do you think so.

Do you think so.

I,ve seen worse teams 73 - 75ish , but I don,t think I have ever seen us lose so many games so close together or score so few goals , it must be terrible for the kids that get dragged along and sat behind the goals .

For a team like Saints to develop we need to build a support , kids need heroes , we need to see home wins , and at present we don,t seem to be delivering.

Hoping things change this weekend.

I,ve seen worse teams 73 - 75ish , but I don,t think I have ever seen us lose so many games so close together or score so few goals , it must be terrible for the kids that get dragged along and sat behind the goals .

For a team like Saints to develop we need to build a support , kids need heroes , we need to see home wins , and at present we don,t seem to be delivering.

Hoping things change this weekend.

Of late, it's my kid that's dragged me along.

Everyone would but it needs to be the right owners. Nobody wants the misery some clubs have gone through. It would be a lot worse than right now.

These Argentineans have a poor track record. I would be very surprised if the board are seriously considering them as potential buyers.

The board have the best interest of the club at heart so they couldn't possibly sell to the Argies who seem to make Craig White seem like the preferred option.

According to the Daily Express the Argentinians will make an offer before the end of January. If this consortium were to gain control of our club then it would have me extremely concerned for our future. We need to have some clarity about what their proposals are for the club. Will they invest in the club or just use us as their UK base to blood young Argentine players that they can then punt for a tidy transfer fee. Will the club see any of the cash if this turns out to be the case.

Time will tell, but I remain very sceptical about the Argentinian consortium.