Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

According to the Daily Express the Argentinians will make an offer before the end of January. If this consortium were to gain control of our club then it would have me extremely concerned for our future. We need to have some clarity about what their proposals are for the club. Will they invest in the club or just use us as their UK base to blood young Argentine players that they can then punt for a tidy transfer fee. Will the club see any of the cash if this turns out to be the case.

Time will tell, but I remain very sceptical about the Argentinian consortium.

Yes, on the face of it , foreign ownership carries 'risk'

I'm sure the substantial documents that form the proposal will be scrutinised thoroughly by the legal team. Make no mistake this offer is being considered and is more tangible than people perhaps want to admit.

Maybe we become a showcase for young Argentinian talent, maybe Ossie Ardiles will turn up in a track suit soon, maybe Argentinian beef burgers will replace the mutton and mulch pies.

We'll see but fwiw season 2014 / 2015 has so far simply horrible, and now today looking forward I'm rather sceptically wondering what is next ?!

Sell to the those from Argentina and we aint St Mirren anymore..

No heart or passion .

Yeah, because Argentinians are renowned for their lack of heart and passion.

The lack of heart and passion displayed by this team under the current leadership is what should have you concerned not some xenophobic pish about potential buyers.

The lack of heart and passion displayed by this team under the current leadership is what should have you concerned not some xenophobic pish about potential buyers.

I doubt shull's comment can be put down to "xenophobic pish".

Just what possible reason other than extracting cash from the club (or, as in the hun case, gullible punters) could strangers from Argentina or anywhere else possibly have?

Though I could agree with you about the team under the recent leadership, not yet the current one. That has still to be proven.

Edited by bluto

A belter of a post,completely missing the point.

If St Mirren are owned by Scots, Argentinians, Swedes or Americans - it's still St Mirren. What counts is why any new owners had their bid accepted by the selling consortium. The selling consortium must be convinced of a helluva' lot more than simply 'they had 1.5 million for us, so we sold'.

They need to have convinced the selling consortium as to why they want to buy them out in the first place,, what they want to do with the club, how are they going to fund the club going forward, and, and, and...

Said in another post - every question posed to REA and 10000hours needs to be asked again - with bells on. They need severely scrutinised, simply because we have seen bad things under foreign ownership at clubs such as Livingston, Hearts. Dundee....

Yes, there are highly visible cases of bad experiences under British ownership too, but when foreigners are sniffing about Scottish clubs, with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs out the top league, no league sponsor, no sniff of European football for St Mirren, a real prospect of relegation, no obvious multi-million pound stars attracting EPL interest, a smallish fanbase and the infrastructure already in place....? Then why on earth are a foreign consortium even here?

If Reporting Scotland suddenly reported that four reasonably well-off Scottish businessmen were over in, let's say, Uruguay - looking to buy a club in that country, my eyebrows would be raised just as high as they are right now, even discussing Argentinians looking to buy out SG and Co.

I really don't see this happening. St Mirren - Argentinian consortium. Hmmm. Not convinced at all.

I doubt shull's comment can be put down to "xenophobic pish".

Just what possible reason other than extracting cash from the club (or, as in the *** case, gullible punters) could strangers from Argentina or anywhere else possibly have?

Though I could agree with you about the team under the recent leadership, not yet the current one. That has still to be proven.

By what trickery were you able to insert the *** word in there ?

ETA. FFS it even gets blocked out when i quote you

Edited by buddiecat

If St Mirren are owned by Scots, Argentinians, Swedes or Americans - it's still St Mirren. What counts is why any new owners had their bid accepted by the selling consortium. The selling consortium must be convinced of a helluva' lot more than simply 'they had 1.5 million for us, so we sold'.

They need to have convinced the selling consortium as to why they want to buy them out in the first place,, what they want to do with the club, how are they going to fund the club going forward, and, and, and...

Said in another post - every question posed to REA and 10000hours needs to be asked again - with bells on. They need severely scrutinised, simply because we have seen bad things under foreign ownership at clubs such as Livingston, Hearts. Dundee....

Yes, there are highly visible cases of bad experiences under British ownership too, but when foreigners are sniffing about Scottish clubs, with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs out the top league, no league sponsor, no sniff of European football for St Mirren, a real prospect of relegation, no obvious multi-million pound stars attracting EPL interest, a smallish fanbase and the infrastructure already in place....? Then why on earth are a foreign consortium even here?

If Reporting Scotland suddenly reported that four reasonably well-off Scottish businessmen were over in, let's say, Uruguay - looking to buy a club in that country, my eyebrows would be raised just as high as they are right now, even discussing Argentinians looking to buy out SG and Co.

I really don't see this happening. St Mirren - Argentinian consortium. Hmmm. Not convinced at all.

Exactly, we the fans are St. Mirren.

Where I would disagree with you is our need/right to know anything about them, it's a totally different situation from 10000hours they (the buyers) won't be asking for our money to finance the takeover so it's between them and the BoD. The BoD have got themselves into this situation and have got things pretty much wrong since they formed "the Consortium" losing two fellow directors, dancing with 10000hours for two years only to ditch them at the 11th hour and then not progressing with the development of "The Void" despite saying it was a priority less than 2 days after rejecting the fans bid.

My view (as expressed previously) is best to sell to people who actually want to be in charge, even with all the risks this entails.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Exactly, we the fans are St. Mirren.

Where I would disagree with you is our need/right to know anything about them, it's a totally different situation from 10000hours they (the buyers) won't be asking for our money to finance the takeover so it's between them and the BoD. The BoD have got themselves into this situation and have got things pretty much wrong since they formed "the Consortium" losing two fellow directors, dancing with 10000hours for two years only to ditch them at the 11th hour and then not progressing with the development of "The Void" despite saying it was a priority less than 2 days after rejecting the fans bid.

My view (as expresses previously) is best to sell to people who actually want to be in charge, even with all the risks this entails.

To clarify what I meant - yes, 10000hours were required to answer many questions and face public scrutiny, because their bid required fan committment and financial input. If they hadn't made themselves available to such questioning and scrutiny they wouldn't have got off the starting blocks.

If there is any substance to the stories concerning an Argentinian takeover, then yes - as supporters WE should be asking the same questions that 10000hours were asked. This of course would be a deal purely between the selling consortium and the suitors, so unlike 10000hours, I wouldn't expect either party feels compelled to explain themselves to fans in the corporate suite. That doesn't alter the fact that on platforms such as this forum, and in e-mails to the Chairman and BoD, we shouldn't be politely asking for answers to the questions 'why', 'how', and 'what's in it for them, they urnae' even Smurrrnn fans'. The BoD might not think they owe us an explanation, but like us, they have also witnessed the Rangers, Hearts, Gretna, Dundee, Livvy, and Motherwell administrations / implosions / tax dodging / debt dodging / cheating spivvery and flagrant whataboutery.

They wanted us to back them at the council for the stadium move meeting, we did, and we have a stadium with less for the ordinary fan than we did at our spiritual home. They courted us in meetings to have us go soft on the Rangers, with job losses and tales of armageddon if we didn't. Every season, they court us with a plea to renew season tickets.

When they want us for something, we hear from them, then fcuk-all from them when they don't.

Everyone on here, and in the stands each home game cares about St Mirren. The thought that the club might be sold to an overseas consortium without supporters asking pointed questions simply because it isn't any of our business is unthinkable.

Edited by pozbaird

I do not trust anybody unless they are from SMISA, fellow Shareholders or are St. Mirren supporters.

Never mind those from Argentina, I widnae trust born and bred Paisley folk who weren't Saints fans.

Surely a deal could be thrashed out among ourselves to suit all.

Edited by shull

To clarify what I meant - yes, 10000hours were required to answer many questions and face public scrutiny, because their bid required fan committment and financial input. If they hadn't made themselves available to such questioning and scrutiny they wouldn't have got off the starting blocks.

If there is any substance to the stories concerning an Argentinian takeover, then yes - as supporters WE should be asking the same questions that 10000hours were asked. This of course would be a deal purely between the selling consortium and the suitors, so unlike 10000hours, I wouldn't expect either party feels compelled to explain themselves to fans in the corporate suite. That doesn't alter the fact that on platforms such as this forum, and in e-mails to the Chairman and BoD, we shouldn't be politely asking for answers to the questions 'why', 'how', and 'what's in it for them, they urnae' even Smurrrnn fans'. The BoD might not think they owe us an explanation, but like us, they have also witnessed the Rangers, Hearts, Gretna, Dundee, Livvy, and Motherwell administrations / implosions / tax dodging / debt dodging / cheating spivvery and flagrant whataboutery.

They wanted us to back them at the council for the stadium move meeting, we did, and we have a stadium with less for the ordinary fan than we did at our spiritual home. They courted us in meetings to have us go soft on the Rangers, with job losses and tales of armageddon if we didn't. Every season, they court us with a plea to renew season tickets.

When they want us for something, we hear from them, then fcuk-all from them when they don't.

Everyone on here, and in the stands each home game cares about St Mirren. The thought that the club might be sold to an overseas consortium without supporters asking pointed questions simply because it isn't any of our business is unthinkable.

See that's what happens when you think of the BoD as friends and not primarily as businessmen - they've put money into the club and now they want it back. As I said at the time the consortium declared itself "if they can do it quickly then good luck to them" as it stands now following a hands off transition from Lennon to Craig back in May we now seem to be seeing a second one from Craig to Teale and to paraphrase Lady Bracknell that's the sign of a BoD I'll be glad to see the back of.

Edited by Bud the Baker

See that's what happens when you think of the BoD as friends and not primarily as businessmen - they've put money into the club and now they want it back. As I said at the time the consortium declared itself "if they can do it quickly then good luck to them" as it stands now following a hands off transition from Lennon to Craigg back in March we now seem to be seeing a second one from Craig to Teale and to paraphrase Lady Bracknell that's the sign of a BoD I'll be glad to see the back of.

I don't regard the BoD as friends, or anything really. My point is very simple. As supporters we should ask the questions we have about the sale of the club loud and directly at the BoD. If they stick two fingers up to us (metaphorically) and refuse to answer those questions, then shame on them. We were here on the terraces and stands before this BoD came to power, and we'll be here after they've got out of Dodge.

Maybe we're just misunderstanding each other - are you saying that because any hypothetical deal between the BoD and an Argie Consortium is a private deal between them, then the fans of St Mirren FC should not question the why, how, and what in regard to the new owners and them riding into town?

All this riding into town and getting out of Dodge talk... Where's Yul Brynner in Westworld when you need him / her / their multiple aliases?

I don't regard the BoD as friends, or anything really. My point is very simple. As supporters we should ask the questions we have about the sale of the club loud and directly at the BoD. If they stick two fingers up to us (metaphorically) and refuse to answer those questions, then shame on them. We were here on the terraces and stands before this BoD came to power, and we'll be here after they've got out of Dodge.

Maybe we're just misunderstanding each other - are you saying that because any hypothetical deal between the BoD and an Argie Consortium is a private deal between them, then the fans of St Mirren FC should not question the why, how, and what in regard to the new owners and them riding into town?

All this riding into town and getting out of Dodge talk... Where's Yul Brynner in Westworld when you need him / her / their multiple aliases?

I don't think we're that far apart but whatever we hear from the BoD will be at their discretion and not as our right.

Westworld, probably the best euphemism for our new stadium yet, let's hear it for all the gunslingers & outlaws down that neck of the woods.......2guns.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Poz. The Consortium hold the trump cards.

They can always say "the fans had a chance to buy the club under 10000hours or the invest during the share issues in the 90s". It seems now they have gathered up other shareholdings in recent months which could allow them to sell a 75% stake which basically means total control and they can sell to whoever they like.

I'm still surprised JD have not bought us and renamed us the JD Saints playing at the JD Stadium with the void developed as an out of town retail complex.

They might actually deliver some new HoF boards......

..........in bright feckin yellow.....

Of course the BoD hold all the cards, they fronted up in 1998, they stuck with it from then until now, they oversaw ground improvements at Love Street while cnuts like Falkirk threw money at Simon Stainrod and Co. They met every 10,000 seat rule, every USH rule, every emergency exit rule, and we won Div 1 titles, Bells B&Q Ramsdens Petrofac Training Diddy Cups, reached two national finals, winning one, reached cup semi finals, wiped out the debt, built a new ground, a dedicated training complex, and the inflatable dome....

They owe us fcuk-all....

No, hold on, they owe us some answers IF they end their tenure by selling the club to a foreign consortium who were recently sniffing Motherwell's gusset.

Of course the BoD hold all the cards, they fronted up in 1998, they stuck with it from then until now, they oversaw ground improvements at Love Street while cnuts like Falkirk threw money at Simon Stainrod and Co. They met every 10,000 seat rule, every USH rule, every emergency exit rule, and we won Div 1 titles, Bells B&Q Ramsdens Petrofac Training Diddy Cups, reached two national finals, winning one, reached cup semi finals, wiped out the debt, built a new ground, a dedicated training complex, and the inflatable dome....

They owe us fcuk-all....

No, hold on, they owe us some answers IF they end their tenure by selling the club to a foreign consortium who were recently sniffing Motherwell's gusset.

Playing devils advocate.

If I were a foreign investor, I would be looking at Motherwell before saints. Purely on league placings over circa last 5 years.

For a 1.5 million investment, if the purchasers have a good network of agents, think how quickly they could recoup this basing it on Dundee utd. players sales, over the last few years.

With an investment in a good management team and a focus on youth.

What return could be made on our current youth.

McLean

Mc ginn

Naismith

Mallan

Mclear

Kelly

Add to the list.

Above excludes the 1m + the fake saints has in annual turnover more than us, with a smaller home gate.

I feel if you are willing to invest at this time, in our club, with a healthy balance sheet, in this climate, a profit can be made and push the club forward.

Feliz Navidad!

Future owner. X