Your Supporters' Trust Needs You

millport

Calling all St Mirren fans...your Supporters' Trust Needs You!

As the potential club sale drags on and on, big question marks remain over the future direction of St Mirren FC.

That's why it has never been more important for there to be a strong voice to represent you, the fans, to any current or future owner of the club.

SMISA is already the largest grouping of St Mirren fans but we need more members to realise our ultimate aim of meaningful supporter involvement in the running of the club.

You could sign up to be a member of the trust for just £2 per month. Want to know more about the benefits?

For two or so years now SMiSA, The St.Mirren Supporters Trust, has been on the face of it relatively quiet and has not been in a position to pursue its aims and purpose as vigorously as we would all have liked. Although situations out with our control such as the inability to purchase unissued shares in St.Mirren thus restricting our investment in the club and the focus of all connected with the club on the unsuccessful bid for community ownership, SMiSA has still continued with ongoing Youth Development sponsorship, organised various events for the fans and general financial support for the club, such as providing the bulk of the funding for the dome.

Having since reorganised the committee and with the willingness of some individual members to get involved has provided us with a new impetus to get our targets back on track.

The changing face of football finances and the seemingly out of control ownership issues of football clubs generally provided the realisation that sitting on a large sum of money that was going nowhere coupled with the needs or the desire of the consortium to sell their majority shareholding to a single owner would diminish our long held belief of any independent supporter representation on the board of St.Mirren, where ultimately the potential future of our club could end up in the hands of any individual who may have no concern or moral obligation to St.Mirren, it’s fans or the community it represents, but perhaps they may only be interested in the club as a personal trophy or even just the value of the assets of the club !

You may consider this unlikely based on the current circumstances at St.Mirren but some fans of other Scottish clubs also thought the same when their clubs handed over the majority shareholding to seemingly credible individuals such as Brooks Mileson, Craig Whyte, Angelo Massone, or Vladimir Romanov.

It is becoming more prevalent for the stability and long term future of clubs for the decision makers and the custodians of the club to be made up of people who have a lifelong affiliation with it.

That’ll be you !

To ensure St.Mirren remains in the hands of its supporters for the next 137 years as it has done for the past 137, it needs the fans of today to be willing to contribute to the development of the club and be a part of a consolidated voice of the vast majority and for the club to grow and thrive from that base of enthusiasm and involvement.

The St.Mirren Supporters Trust intend for this group representation to be realised in a number of ways……

To increase the trust membership to include every fan who has an association with St.Mirren.

To increase the trust shareholding in St.Mirren through ongoing private share purchase.

To gain backing and involvement from all local political and business partners within Renfrewshire.

To use the experience and government backed involvement of Supporters Direct.

If you are part of any of the above groups we would love to hear from you but most of all we need you to join the Trust and become a member of SMiSA

For as little as £2 per month you will be playing your part in helping to ensure all fans have a strong collective representation in St.Mirren, allow ongoing sponsorship and positive results of the Youth Development facility at Ralston and ensure the continuation of supporter related events.

Our website has recently been upgraded, where you can now sign up on line or if you prefer you can contact us by any of the following means below

Website……… www.smisa.net

Email…………… [email protected]

Post…………… The St.Mirren Supporters Trust, 10 Deanston Avenue, Barrhead, G78 2BP

Call or text… 0759 616 5194

Twitter………… @1877societyltd

Facebook……. www.facebook.com/1877societyltd

SMiSA, The St.Mirren Supporters Trust is a registered I.P.S. which includes legal and binding rules such as one person one vote.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I'll just say it. What gives me the hee-beegeebees is the Supporters Direct tie up.

They have an unenviable track record in car crash fan takeovers, i really don't get why they exist except to tick the governments box on football and those fan people that follow it... I. E voters.

Plus there is a certain individual in their midst who could have destroyed this club, and he continues to preach the same mantra to whoever will listen. I simply don't trust them. Why can't we have the money wasted on their salaries paid inti grass roots football?

I get where your'e coming from although I would say they have tended to be involved in the car crash fan takeovers after the event, but yes the political overtones are there

however, on a positive side a big part of being associated with this 'group' is the connections with other clubs supporters trusts and the exchanging of ideas and experiences of the other trusts, the fact that there is some association to government, can provide a bit of legal weight should any individual supporters trust ever be involved in any confrontation with their football clubs owners !

I would also say they are there for us to use if we ever needed them but they have no involvement or influence in the running of or the activities of SMiSA

Edited by thewhiteman

I get where your'e coming from although I would say they have tended to be involved in the car crash fan takeovers after the event, but yes the political overtones are there

however, on a positive side a big part of being associated with this 'group' is the connections with other clubs supporters trusts and the exchanging of ideas and experiences of the other trusts, the fact that there is some association to government, can provide a bit of legal weight should any individual supporters trust ever be involved in any confrontation with their football clubs owners !

I would also say they are there for us to use if we ever needed them but they have no involvement or influence in the running of or the activities of SMiSA

Appreciate your response, but it does all be it unintenionally have an air of a certain individual who presided over a shambolic failed takover bid seeking not so much as to get in again through the back door, but up the waste pipe and in through the kitchen sink.

Appreciate your response, but it does all be it unintenionally have an air of a certain individual who presided over a shambolic failed takover bid seeking not so much as to get in again through the back door, but up the waste pipe and in through the kitchen sink.

if I'm reading this right, but hopefully I'm not, I think it's a bit unfair to imply SMiSA (or maybe you mean me ?) are not to be trusted and perhaps a bit shadowy in the way they go about things ?

I'd say the big difference would be the fact that SMiSA have a long established constitution and proven track record in being open and honest and have for 14 years have shown, with very limited resources, to be a committed supporter of smfc and its fans and at no time has, or would, anyone in SMiSA be looking to seek any form of collective or personal favour or political gain from what we are trying to achieve.

as a group of fans we only want to do the best we can for st.mirren and for St.MIrren supporters and at any time any committee member can be replaced, so there is no jobs for the boys scenario and everyone is welcome to become part of the supporters trust at any time and every individual member has a say in the running of the supporters trust, one person one vote, no matter who they are or what their opinion is.

sorry to go on a bit and I'm probably a way of course but if anyone wants or needs to know more about SMiSA and what the supporters trust are about please do not hesitate to ask

if I'm reading this right, but hopefully I'm not, I think it's a bit unfair to imply SMiSA (or maybe you mean me ?) are not to be trusted and perhaps a bit shadowy in the way they go about things ?

I'd say the big difference would be the fact that SMiSA have a long established constitution and proven track record in being open and honest and have for 14 years have shown, with very limited resources, to be a committed supporter of smfc and its fans and at no time has, or would, anyone in SMiSA be looking to seek any form of collective or personal favour or political gain from what we are trying to achieve.

as a group of fans we only want to do the best we can for st.mirren and for St.MIrren supporters and at any time any committee member can be replaced, so there is no jobs for the boys scenario and everyone is welcome to become part of the supporters trust at any time and every individual member has a say in the running of the supporters trust, one person one vote, no matter who they are or what their opinion is.

sorry to go on a bit and I'm probably a way of course but if anyone wants or needs to know more about SMiSA and what the supporters trust are about please do not hesitate to ask

You are off course, I'm going on about Atkinson being involved with supporters direct, and by association involved in any fan takeover etc that seeks their involvement. I heartily applaud what Smisa do and have done.

• 4 weeks later...

SMiSA

5 hrs ·

This week has seen an unprecedented increase in SMiSA memberships.

St Mirren fans are both worried and concerned what is happening to THEIR club both on and off the field. The lack of direction in recent times from the Boardroom is leaving a team on the pitch that is simply not good enough for this level and this has been evident from pre-season.

Obviously the Consortium has THEIR own agenda but it’s time for them to decide how to take this club forward, they have been deafening in their silence.

We are stagnating from the very top to the bottom of the club and so we need a strong Supporters voice to challenge and ask questions.

Please join SMiSA NOW at

http://www.smisa.net/join-the-trust

If you want get involved and ask questions we will then take these to the club and get answers.

We are largest supporters group at the St Mirren, and have put more money into the club than any other group; all raised from you the St Mirren fans