Johann Lamont Resigns

Guest TPAFKATS

Lol. I just wrote a long reply to that with links and everything then lost it when I tried to post - I'll get back to it tomorrow. Suffice it to say for now, you're still wrong.

Its a well used internet cliche I know... but you really need to get a life...

Particularly when your 'long post' won't be read by anyone and will be full of nonsense! :lol:

From today's Scotsman........

A YouGov study for The Times put the SNP on 43%, which would give them 47 seats in Westminster, with Labour on 27%, which would leave them with 10 MPs.

Why you quoting me with that poll...?

I said the SNP would get more MP's than UKIP. That poll backs that up.

Says the man/woman who voted No.......

Must hurt to live in a country where you think almost half the population are shitebags. How do you mange it?

This thread has gone quiet. Kemp called me out to name my price, then disappeared. Guess you're not up for a charity wager anymore...?

Maybe FTOF could come back and try drum up interest for me by telling others to make it a big bet. He likes to encourage others to put their own money up, but has no interest in putting his own money on the line.

I may not have perfect grammar, but at least I'm not a shitebag.

Oh, I think you've proven that you're by far the biggest shitebag on here, as witnessed by all and sundry on here.

Also, what kind of sad act constantly challenges people to bets on an internet forum?

It would seem to me that not only do you have the grammatical skills of a 10 year old, you have the mentality of one too.

Oh, I think you've proven that you're by far the biggest shitebag on here, as witnessed by all and sundry on here.

Also, what kind of sad act constantly challenges people to bets on an internet forum?

It would seem to me that not only do you have the grammatical skills of a 10 year old, you have the mentality of one too.

:lol:

Least you're not bothered by being a proven shitebag.

I'd like charities to benefit from some of the bold claims made on here. Either that or prove they're just hot air with the claimant not really believing in what he's saying. I've done the latter with this particular claim.

Edited by TopCat

UKIP will certainly get no Scottish seats. They will also get less seats than not only the SNP, but they will get less than Plaid Cymru and the DUP too.

i don't think they'll get seats, but i do think they'll have won over a worrying number of voters.

I think the average scot, pensionable age or otherwise has a wee bit more inteligence and backbone than you credit them with here. UKIP pray on the "middle englanders" where they know immigration is a far bigger, more obvious day-to-day issue than it is up here. The Labour implosion will benefit neither UKIP or the Tories in Scotland. It would be hillarious to see the seething of said middle englanders if the SNP formed a coalition at Westminster after the general election but the way it's going for Labour I can only see another Tory majority govenrment unfortuantely. I will wait up all night and then some to watch live the guaranteed close up on Alistair Darlings face when they are announcing the result which sees him losing his seat - karma !!!

Darling joins the rats deserting the sinking ship by announcing his intention to stand down and not seek re-election.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's start with your dictionary definition, taken from the Collins dictionary, you know, the one that they use in Primary schools (or at least they did when I was in Primary). Like most of Collins stuff it is aimed at youngsters and therefore tends not to go into too much detail. Give me the definition from the OED or another "adult" dictionary. And, as I have already said, that is "A" dictionary definition not "The" dictionary definition.

I quoted the relevant part.

"Me getting where the blogger is from does not prove me wrong" - It proves you wrong in your claim that he was American, does it not? And, by extension, in your implied "he should know what it means then" stuff, which I'll get back to.

From your first link - "The theory here seems to be quite close the shy Tory factor or Bradley effect" - not "IT IS" the Bradley Effect.

From the "Bradley Effect" link from your first link - "The Bradley effect, less commonly called the Wilder effect,[1][2] is a theory proposed to explain observed discrepancies between voter opinion polls and election outcomes in some United States government elections where a white candidate and a non-white candidate run against each other.[3][4][5] The theory proposes that some voters will tell pollsters they are undecided or likely to vote for a black candidate, while on election day they vote for the white candidate. It was named after Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley, an African-American who lost the 1982 California governor's race despite being ahead in voter polls going into the elections" - I've linked to that already, but this is from YOUR link.

From the "Bradley Effect" link from your second link - Who would have guessed, it is exactly the same as above.

It is irrelevant how many times it was used in relation to the referendum. If they were saying it "was" the Bradley effect then they were wrong. The fact that most, if not all, of the ones you have linked to, and others, were just "likening" it to the Bradley effect only goes to back up my argument.

Now, going back to your "he's american and so should know what it means then" stuff, how about:-

Harvard University - http://people.iq.harvard.edu/~dhopkins/wilder13.pdf

Princeton University - http://election.princeton.edu/2008/09/27/the-disappearing-bradley-effect/

Cornell Law School - http://scholarship.law.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1094&context=lsrp_papers

The Washington Post - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/21/AR2008102102328.html

Some American political book - http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=jf3YAQAAQBAJ&pg=PA90&lpg=PA90&dq=Bradley+effect+political+definition&source=bl&ots=ZfgWYiDH6C&sig=GnnPBhxBUz0qZiv6-mckjqsn2ck&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TWZXVLH8M7XfsAS894DYCQ&ved=0CEgQ6AEwBzgK#v=onepage&q=Bradley%20effect%20political%20definition&f=false

There were others, an American political text book etc., in the post that I lost but I can't seem to find them just now.

So, by your logic, all they Americans must be right - and they agree with me (as do most of your links).

Again, "A" dictionary, not "The" dictionary.

"Slab has said that's wrong and it can only be used in relation to race" - I assume you are referring to me there. I wasn't saying it could only be used in relation to race, I was saying it would be wrong to use in any other context - there's a difference.

"So the dictionary is wrong too?" - As I said, "A" dictionary definition is inaccurate, the kiddies dictionary.

"Some people will just never ever accept they're wrong." - Yep, you.

"this discussion is over" - I'll assume that you won't be responding to this post then.

That'll be why he used the Collins dictionary.

from the guy who thinks that the main source of government debt is premium bonds! :lol:

i very much doubt anyone read this Ernie, i certainly didnt

you are a proven idiot

i wont be back to read your long winded reply

i know that really grates on

probably has you on the verge of tears :lol:

Ernie! :lol:

His aliases are going by increasingly bizarre names - but then again his latest starts with "a50le", maybe he is admitting he is an asshole. "a50le"-"n"-"nyc" - kind of reads like "Asshole in New York City". Maybe it's a redo of Sting's "Englishman in New York" with himself in place of the Englishman.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Dorothy.

Do you mean that he is starting to use juvenile names. .