Dundee United V St Mirren Spfl Premiership 1/11/14

shull

United have won 4 and drawn 1 of their 5 home games this season. Going to be a long afternoon I fear.

Overconfidence can be their downfall.

They were hot favourites to continue their "glorious youngsters" successful run, last year, about the same fixture...?

Whilst Saints sometimes come up with unexpected results, the one a few weeks ago against Aberdeen was it. Unfortunately this team is well behind the likes of United so yet another defeat is on the cards.The managers mealy mouthed excuses are wearing very thin these days.Thankfully our early cup exit has spared us the prospect of a doing off Celtic tonight.

any of the eleven teams in our league can beat each other over and over again(not counting shellic here)

heresay and guessing i know but if we had taken half the chances we have created we could quite easily have another 8pts

fine margins so early in the season......long way to go

any of the eleven teams in our league can beat each other over and over again(not counting shellic here)

heresay and guessing i know but if we had taken half the chances we have created we could quite easily have another 8pts

fine margins so early in the season......long way to go

Do agree with a lot of what you say.

Going away to the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee Utd is always going to be extremely tough for any St Mirren team though. Certainly tougher than say, going to St Johnstone or Partick Thistle. We will lose these kind of games away to the city teams 80% of the time I'd guess.

One advantage we will have is our free midweek. As I type United are beating Hibs 2-1 in Leith. Let's hope that goes to extra time and our freshness is a factor at the weekend.

Do agree with a lot of what you say.

Going away to the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee Utd is always going to be extremely tough for any St Mirren team though. Certainly tougher than say, going to St Johnstone or Partick Thistle. We will lose these kind of games away to the city teams 80% of the time I'd guess.

One advantage we will have is our free midweek. As I type United are beating Hibs 2-1 in Leith. Let's hope that goes to extra time and our freshness is a factor at the weekend.

you got your wish....commentators both say both teams are physically and emotionally DRAINED

hold united to 0-0 for 60 mins...then over run for the last 30 mins

0-1 to the saints