Dundee United V St Mirren Spfl Premiership 1/11/14

shull

With United having to play 120+ minute the only thing that could have been more in our favour is if they lost the penalty shoot out.

We need to play high tempo and make sure we don't just sit in and let them get at us.

The high line we play is the only thing I'm worried about as DU definitely have the pace to get in behind. Not forgoing the fact we need our chosen strike partnership to click, (and it needs to be two up front IMO), the centre halves are key to this game. They play well, we get a result. They fock up, we get a pasting.

With United having to play 120+ minute the only thing that could have been more in our favour is if they lost the penalty shoot out.

We need to play high tempo and make sure we don't just sit in and let them get at us.

The high line we play is the only thing I'm worried about as DU definitely have the pace to get in behind. Not forgoing the fact we need our chosen strike partnership to click, (and it needs to be two up front IMO), the centre halves are key to this game. They play well, we get a result. They fock up, we get a pasting.

High Tempo ? With TC , the dead sheep , at the helm ? lol.gif

McNamara has a team of fit players, something Craig doesnt have

The extra time will have no material effect on Utd, the result will be a boost

Gubbing for saints

Typical uninformed rubbish from yourself.

Both our wins have came from winners scored after the 85th minute. We also scored a late equaliser at Pittodrie and came from behind twice against County.

If we are so unfit, why do we keep getting late goals?

We dont. We only have 8 points from a possible 33.

That's nothing to do with us not being fit enough.

You can throw a lot of things at this team. They're young, naive, inconsistent and we lack experience in key areas.

You certainly can't accuse them of not being fit enough. A cursory glance at where our points have came from blows that out the water.

10 of our 12 goals have came in the second half of games for goodness sake.

What's the latest on Plummer & Osbourne's injuries.

Would be happy if Osbourne was fit to play alongside McGinn instead of Reilly.

Tess at LB with Kelly in the more advanced role on the left.

Up front - thought Ball was poor last weekend, doesn't look any fitter than the last time I saw him (Partick in league cup). Worth giving Caldwell a start.

Can't see us getting our first clean sheet of the season but hoping, at best, for a 1-1 draw. McLean to score.

Keep the faith.

Both our wins have came from winners scored after the 85th minute. We also scored a late equaliser at Pittodrie and came from behind twice against County.

Would you put St Mirren on your fixed odds coupon this weekend even with a good price for Saints. Of course you would not there is lies your answer. I reckon Dundee Unt will score 3 against us this weekend.

Would you put St Mirren on your fixed odds coupon this weekend even with a good price for Saints. Of course you would not there is lies your answer. I reckon Dundee Unt will score 3 against us this weekend.

What?

I've already predicted a St Mirren loss on this thread. What you going on about?

Dundee Utd have a playing budget which is far higher than our own, they're at home and they're third in the league. Of course they're favourites.

Edited by TopCat

Its always a worry when people start talking about how tired the other team will be after extra time and penalties. Tiredness won't be an issue, it's us taking our chances when they come along which is likely to be the bigger issue. A clean sheet is unlikely given their strength up front so the strikers need to prove themselves more than ever.

Its always a worry when people start talking about how tired the other team will be after extra time and penalties. Tiredness won't be an issue, it's us taking our chances when they come along which is likely to be the bigger issue. A clean sheet is unlikely given their strength up front so the strikers need to prove themselves more than ever.

Tiredness doesn't worry me either. Our squad worries me.

Think you might direct that first sentence best at TC. Seems to think our problem is poor finishing. Well he brought in the forwards if that's true. But as importantly has he had a look at our goals against total?????

I'd give Reilly a run up front supporting either Ball or Caldwell as I think he can link the play pretty well. Pity Osborne is injured as I think him sitting as holding mid would free up Kenny McLean and McGinn - unfortunately we haven't found a right balance yet and we need to keep plugging away.

A point would be a good result for us but I ain't confident tbh.

Herald says we might be without McGinn tomorrow, major blow if that's accurate

It just seems to be one thing after another since the season started. I blame that shockingly bad football strip

Motherwell lost on Friday again. Barring an 11 goal and 3 point swing between ourselves and County this weekend, we will spend another week out the bottom 2.

Comforting to know that despite us being bad this season, there's two teams out there worse than us.