Dundee United V St Mirren Spfl Premiership 1/11/14

shull

SG talks shite as well though sometimes so you never know, here's hoping.

^^^^^ Irony Alert !!!!

Let's hope SG get's the Buyers we all would like......Whoever that might be. Here's hoping the Buyers don't have as many faces as some on here..........

A defeat away to Dundee United, not like that's never happened before.

Settling down with a peroni, watching the chase with my boy and then some Saturday night TV with the good lady.

Don't let the football spoil your Saturday, chill out and bring on the Thistle.

Edited by davidg

A defeat away to Dundee United, not like that's never happened before.

Settling down with a peroni, watching the chase with my boy and then some Saturday night TV with the good lady.

Don't let the football spoil your Saturday, chill out and bring on the Thistle.

By not going today, my Saturday has been relaxed and stress free.

I've no real gripe with our defeat today. As you say, it's hardly unexpected.

It's the pervading undercurrent of apathy and staleness that's seeping through the club and the team's performance that's pissing me off.

Edited by FTOF

By not going today, my Saturday has been relaxed and stress free.

I've no real gripe with our defeat today. As you say, it's hardly unexpected.

It's the pervading undercurrent of apathy and staleness that's seeping through the club and the team's performance that's pissing me off.[/

quote]

By not going today I have saved 80 quid and less hassle.

Trying to work out what St Mirren mean to me as like a good few other posters I have been following Saints home and away since 6 years of age which I was full member of Saints junior supporters , I'm now 56. For the life of me I just can't give up supporting the club. To me it's bigger than Tommy Craig , Stuart Gilmour or anyone else. The club is a Renfrewshire institution that's been going since the late 1800's and I want it to go on till; time ends. To do that it needs a support. To get out the shit we are in just now it needs backing from us the fans for our club.

Most of the time it is frustrating being a Saints fan but then good days like cup wins , beating the old firm or simply going on a 4 game win is as good as it gets most of the time it's a struggle because too many Renfrewshire people wont support the local team so we can well do without losing diehards.

I'm not sticking up for Tommy here but you bring in the best manager in the world with the injuries we currently have he would struggle also.

Back the club guy's it really does need you.

.Most of the time it is frustrating being a Saints fan but then good days like cup wins , beating the old firm or simply going on a 4 game win is as good as it gets most of the time it's a struggle because too many Renfrewshire people wont support the local team so we can well do without losing diehards.

A four game unbeaten run?

Since we've been promoted to the top league, I reckon we might have amassed more league cup wins than have four game unbeaten runs in the league.

Edited by FTOF

Since we've been promoted to the top league, I reckon we might have amassed more league cup wins than have four game unbeaten runs in the league.

I'm sure we won 4 or 5 league games in a row under the negative Gus management days? Andy Dorman was running amok?

I know that mate just trying to point out it's not easy being a Bud but then we have our magic times. I don't know the stats in the league but it's been a long time since I remember 4 wins on the trot

I have come to a decision that I never thought I would today. After leaving the ground watching the players fold again I will not be going to anymore away games until they at least start showing some fight.

TC is infuriating. 2 weeks ago we got beat by Inverness he blamed the attackers, last week we drew with Ross County and he blamed the defenders and now this week it's the attackers again. TC needs to take a long hard look at himself for his performance so far and his signings in the summer. The BOD need to take a look at themselves as well after appointing him in the summer.

I'm not going to single players out for today or the rest of the season the fault lies firmly at the managers and BOD feet for this season.

In terms of performance it may well be. Any further than Kilmarnock and it's a Saturday wasted for me. Even when we won in Perth, I didn't think, "I wish had gone".

Next week I've got the opportunity to meet some mates I've not seen for a while for a session starting in the afternoon.

Season ticket or not, I'm not sure I can be arsed sitting through yet another totally inept performance served up by personnel both on and off the pitch.

I'm going in for a hip operation on Friday, I've got an excuse not to go.

another piss poor performance ,,problem is ,the guys making the mistakes kello Goodwin cheesey ,all know they will be playing next week ,add this too ball ,,teale ,,reilley ,,marwood,,Caldwell ,, who are all not good enough ,,doesn't leave much room for optimism ,,but I will be there on Saturday ,,cause its saints and you just never know

I predict a 2-0 win from United, followed by a week long meltdown about our manager by the forums resident knickerwetters.

One goal out, but the rest of the prediction seems right.

The reality is United are a far better team than us, just like they have been for the past 30 odd years. They've now won 5 games at home this season and drew the other and they're top of the league. Us losing there is nothing new and hardly unexpected.

Given we were forced into playing two kids in Reilly and Drury out of position in central midfield today, we weren't actually that bad. Our injury list must be the longest in the league.

Take 5 first pick players (Plummer, Osbourne, McGinn, Wylde, Thompson) out of any squad in this league and they're going to struggle, we are no different.

Despite this, for long periods of the first half we were on top. Then United's superior quality shone through in the second half, and they have some fantastic firepower going forward. That's why they've been the best team in the country this season.

Don't let that stop a good week of knickerwetting though!

Trying to work out what St Mirren mean to me as like a good few other posters I have been following Saints home and away since 6 years of age which I was full member of Saints junior supporters , I'm now 56. For the life of me I just can't give up supporting the club. To me it's bigger than Tommy Craig , Stuart Gilmour or anyone else.

Agreed Ian , but it's a two way street. The club just can't expect us to turn up and support every week without at least giving us an indication that they're willing to fight for their premiership survival. It reeks of a hope and pray we survive mentality , but there's no way we're going to part with any dough whatsoever !

You talk about 40-50 years back to the bad old days of the early 70s. It's worth remembering that even although we were relegated and stuck In the 2nd div at that time , we had a team laden with future stars who were given license to entertain , it's just not the same anymore !

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be eh.

The early 70's when we couldn't even get in an 18 team top flight and regularly finished below teams like Arbroath, Stirling Albion and Dumbarton being yearned after?

FFS lol.gif:

Well , no !

But players with the ability of Munro, McKean ,McQueen , McLeod ,Blair etc would be nice

And FWIW, the Dumbarton , Stirling and Arbroath teams of that era would all wipe the floor with us now ! The likes of Drury , McLean and Wylde would run back up the tunnel if they saw Tom Cargill waiting to bully them !

Well , no !

But players with the ability of Munro, McKean ,McQueen , McLeod ,Blair etc would be nice

And FWIW, the Dumbarton , Stirling and Arbroath teams of that era would all wipe the floor with us now ! The likes of Drury , McLean and Wylde would run back up the tunnel if they saw Tom Cargill waiting to bully them !

Sounds brutal, no wonder we regularly got home gates of less than 1200. In 73/74 we finished 11th in the old second division, and 29th in the country. That would have us in the bottom half of the third tier today.

Teams who finished above us that year included Stranraer, Berwick Rangers and Montrose. Let me guess, they'd all beat our team today too?

Really puts today's 'problems' into perspective! I tip my hat to any Saints fan who followed us through that era.

Edited by TopCat

Sounds brutal, no wonder we regularly got home gates of less than 1200.

Yes , we had fewer nodding dogs back then , and we had the highest paid players in the division. The BOD came to their senses though , but then again they weren't in it for themselves! bye1.gif

In 73/74 we finished 11th in the old second division, and 29th in the country. That would have us in the bottom half of the third tier today.

Stats wouldn't tell you that all the players I mentioned , bar one , were gone by then ! The fans voted with their feet and Fergie arrived !