Fan Zone At St Mirren Park This Saturday V Motherwell

TopCat

Why do people NEED to eat at the football?Can you not eat before or after?

Indeed.

Lunch - generally between 12 and 2pm.

Dinner - between 5 and 7pm.

If you're peckish between 3 and 5 have a Milky Way - the treat you can eat between meals without ruining your appetite, by all accounts.

That's not the point

They are selling a poor product for well over the odds

The point is you don't have to buy it.

Keep buying shite and they'll keep selling shite.If people refuse to buy shite then we might see changes.

Sorry if this is seen as "picky" but, where is the bar menu?

Is it cans? Bottles? Pints?

How much?

- come on! - sell it (The concept) to me!

Events don't normally describe the drinks available. Most folk are happy just to know there's a bar.

Anyhow, you're not fooling anyone as you would never go to this as there's no bookies across the road for you to disappear to every 10 mins :-)

Nope. Same old shite every year

I have no

Idea why we don't use a bakery like well bread in Renfrew there stuff is top notch And cheap why do we let someone else make profits from selling food it's crazy

a very good question, it's been outside caterers for years now - even at love street, can only assume it is more economical to do this than to hire staff and buy your own ovens etc, but yes the food is gash, if they had good quality pies i would buy them, last time i bought a pie it was full of stringy unchewable parts, got me thinking what the feck goes in them, - tendons,muscle,lugs,guts ?

I'm a bit disappointed to see, that after the fanzone event was marketed as been plenty of room for all, the sold out signs are up?!? I did notice the crude edit on their website which now limits the numbers to 225 and I'm certain this wasn't mentioned before?

I have a place booked but most of my mates hadn't got around to doing anything about it yet so it looks like we will be spending our money in a pub than spend it with St mirren...

I'm a bit disappointed to see, that after the fanzone event was marketed as been plenty of room for all, the sold out signs are up?!? I did notice the crude edit on their website which now limits the numbers to 225 and I'm certain this wasn't mentioned before?

I have a place booked but most of my mates hadn't got around to doing anything about it yet so it looks like we will be spending our money in a pub than spend it with St mirren...

The big plus is that this shows the appetite and potential custom for a prematch meeting place at the ground.

Surely once this has passed and been marked a success a concerted effort must be made to kit out the main stand for the fans?

with being able to take children in i would guess that a lot of parents would have fancied a wee drink pre and post match and with pubs only letting kids in if your buying food, this is a chance for them to grab a pint, would be interesting to find out if it is a big hit with families,

The restriction on the numbers confirms why the fitting out of the last part of the main stand will not go ahead,it will only accommodate 200people, ie an elite

I have no doubt those attending will enjoy the experience but with the cash we could have permanent tv screens and heaters under the west stand and still have money to give to the youth academy.

Remember the money spent on a banner and the golf outings that hand over more money to the golf club than they give to the academy.

After this game it's back to cold grey concrete , but not for some others, but if it is a success , Peter Lawell etc will push for us plans to be allowed to drink

Think they are trying to increase capacity now.

The restriction on the numbers confirms why the fitting out of the last part of the main stand will not go ahead,it will only accommodate 200people, ie an elite

I have no doubt those attending will enjoy the experience but with the cash we could have permanent tv screens and heaters under the west stand and still have money to give to the youth academy.

Remember the money spent on a banner and the golf outings that hand over more money to the golf club than they give to the academy.

After this game it's back to cold grey concrete , but not for some others, but if it is a success , Peter Lawell etc will push for us plans to be allowed to drink

What are Paisley Golf Club, or indeed any golf club supposed to do in a climate which has seen 88,000 people leave Scottish golf clubs? Close their course for a day and give the fan council the place for hee-haw?

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=26646

2013 event saw a cheque for £1423 handed over to the youth development fund. It also saw Paisley Golf Club get a payment for hosting it, and it saw the people who took part get a round on a good course, with St Mirren players, and a bite to eat after it.

Who lost out? No-one. Need to find another target to boot fcuk out of - this isn't it.

Edited by pozbaird

Re. The converting of the main stand space.

No matter how many people are able to use the facility. (And, for me, 200 would be a fair amount of folk).

As long as it makes cash for the purse, it's a worthwhile venture. How many pubs local, and they are getting fewer, are able to accomodate that number of Saints fans with no restrictions on club emblems and can cater for kids?

As long as it's managed properly it could be a great addition to the clubs income. Another way of supporters supporting Saints.

Elite - FFS!