Fan Zone At St Mirren Park This Saturday V Motherwell

TopCat

a very good question, it's been outside caterers for years now - even at love street, can only assume it is more economical to do this than to hire staff and buy your own ovens etc, but yes the food is gash, if they had good quality pies i would buy them, last time i bought a pie it was full of stringy unchewable parts, got me thinking what the feck goes in them, - tendons,muscle,lugs,guts ?

Testicles And Arseholes... which is either whats in the pies, or The Fanboy 10Kh club.... or both?

The restriction on the numbers confirms why the fitting out of the last part of the main stand will not go ahead,it will only accommodate 200people, ie an elite

I have no doubt those attending will enjoy the experience but with the cash we could have permanent tv screens and heaters under the west stand and still have money to give to the youth academy.

Remember the money spent on a banner and the golf outings that hand over more money to the golf club than they give to the academy.

After this game it's back to cold grey concrete , but not for some others, but if it is a success , Peter Lawell etc will push for us plans to be allowed to drink

I've had a look inside 'the void' and it looks like it could hold more than 200.

Is that figure definitely correct?

Anyway, as has been mentioned above, it's still extra cash.

Testicles And Arseholes... which is either whats in the pies, or The Fanboy 10Kh club.... or both?

Maybe you could grow a pair of one and stop talking out the other.........I'm amazed you don't bore yourself!!

I was certainly no fanboy of 10000hrs or anything else and was fairly neutral throughout the whole thing but recognised that people had strong views on both sides, others just wanted to throw as much mud as possible and then run for the hills. Thankfully most people have now accepted that the whole thing has passed, rubbed out the battle lines and moved on, you just want to keep on point-scoring and name-calling.......can you not just let things be and move on like everyone else.

Maybe you could grow a pair of one and stop talking out the other.........I'm amazed you don't bore yourself!!

I was certainly no fanboy of 10000hrs or anything else and was fairly neutral throughout the whole thing but recognised that people had strong views on both sides, others just wanted to throw as much mud as possible and then run for the hills. Thankfully most people have now accepted that the whole thing has passed, rubbed out the battle lines and moved on, you just want to keep on point-scoring and name-calling.......can you not just let things be and move on like everyone else.

Is it the testicles or arseholes you object too?

if it bores you, your neutral, feel its passed, rubbed out the battle lines, moved on.... why do you feel the need to respond to say you've moved on?

for my part now thats just a throwaway line, considering it wasn't this poster that re-visited the 10kh f**k up in the Hibs Cic thread, but hey who's gonna call that poster on it?

You?

Edited by Lord Pityme

I'm a bit disappointed to see, that after the fanzone event was marketed as been plenty of room for all, the sold out signs are up?!? I did notice the crude edit on their website which now limits the numbers to 225 and I'm certain this wasn't mentioned before?

I have a place booked but most of my mates hadn't got around to doing anything about it yet so it looks like we will be spending our money in a pub than spend it with St mirren...

Totally agree. Got an email two days ago saying "we can accomodate any number of fans". Decided there was no rush, went to register last night - no room left as 200 have registered. So any number = 200.

Humbug. ;)

Shouldn't this be on the Referendum thread??

It is great that there is so much interest in the Fanzone but disappointing that it is sold out already.

Guess it's going to be too late in the day to change the size of it.

I guess since registration was free there is also a risk that some people who have registered won't turn up, which will be a double whammy as folk who would have gone will now make other plans.

It is great that there is so much interest in the Fanzone but disappointing that it is sold out already.

I guess since registration was free there is also a risk that some people who have registered won't turn up, which will be a double whammy as folk who would have gone will now make other plans.

As its the first time this has been tried, I think we need to allow for some snagging and learning points. Slack should be cut, here.

I was talking to a Dons supporting colleague yesterday and he had been on their forums this week reading numerous posts by folk saying how much they would benefit from such an initiative. He reckons it's a fantastic idea.

Sometimes we need to stop fiddling with the worry beads and appreciate that something is being done for the general benefit of the club.

As its the first time this has been tried, I think we need to allow for some snagging and learning points. Slack should be cut, here.

I was talking to a Dons supporting colleague yesterday and he had been on their forums this week reading numerous posts by folk saying how much they would benefit from such an initiative. He reckons it's a fantastic idea.

Sometimes we need to stop fiddling with the worry beads and appreciate that something is being done for the general benefit of the club.

Totally agree bud, wasn't having a go or being negative.

It's really difficult to predict how these things will go. If TC had not been bagged the crowd this Saturday would have been honking. I'm not expecting it to be mobbed now but there will be a few surely coming back who were staying away.

I got our names down early and I'm really looking forward to it !

Totally agree bud, wasn't having a go or being negative.

It's really difficult to predict how these things will go. If TC had not been bagged the crowd this Saturday would have been honking. I'm not expecting it to be mobbed now but there will be a few surely coming back who were staying away.

I got our names down early and I'm really looking forward to it !

I appreciate that, Div, and wasn't looking to pick you up on anything you'd posted - it was a general observation.

As I've said before, I'd made a very conscious decision to vote with my feet during the latter stages of Craig's time, but I'm now back on board and have also signed up for the fanzone in an effort to support an initiative that, it certainly seems to me at least, can only be in the best interest of the club.

As I've said before, I'd made a very conscious decision to vote with my feet during the latter stages of Craig's time, but I'm now back on board and have also signed up for the fanzone in an effort to support an initiative that, it certainly seems to me at least, can only be in the best interest of the club.

I heard it was your round :-)

I think it was an un-necessary faux-pas to continue actively advertising the event as 'can accomodate any number of fans' when it patently could not. Why say that at all? In hiring the marquee, it must have been known from the outset that it could hold 100, 200, 300, or if it was one of those big buggers you see at the Open Golf tented village, 1000 people.

Very much a case of giving this a go and seeing if it works. Learn lessons for the next time and either do it again taking this experience into consideration, or knock it on the head.

Leeds United do a good thing across the road from Elland Road. The building they threw up is almost a massive portacabin, but inside there's big TVs, a bar, a coffee bar, food, and lots of tables and chairs for folk to gather at before nipping across the road to the game. I think they have ex-Leeds legends mingling and signing autographs etc too. People pay a fiver a game or something for entry. Not sure on the detail, but it seems to work well.

Pretty big mistake to assume everyone that has signed up will show up! Most likely under half will.

Not sure about half but there will definitely be no shows. Maybe they will let people in on the day if they are under capacity, but then what would happen if someone who had reserved a place trapped up late.

I'm sure the lads who have organised it will have learned a few lessons from the exercise, but hopefully it goes well and then it can be repeated and they implement some of the lessons learned from this time around.

Couldn't they have two sittings.(or standings in this case)whistling.gif