St Mirren V Partick Thistle Premiership 8/11/14

shull

Seen highlights of the U20s win 4-1 away to Motherwell last night and looks like it could have easily been a few more. Lets just play a team of U21s on Saturday, at least they'll play with desire to win and can't be any worse up front or defensively.

Could have been double that!

Problem would be if things aren't going our way it won't take much for the crowd to turn on them. Couldn't believe the abuse Adam Brown was taking against Accies. Fair enough he looked out his depth but abusing him was helping anyone.

Could have been double that!

Problem would be if things aren't going our way it won't take much for the crowd to turn on them. Couldn't believe the abuse Adam Brown was taking against Accies. Fair enough he looked out his depth but abusing him was helping anyone.

Spot on Ian. Adam Brown is a good young player who is gaining experience being around the first team, He came on at Perth and played really well, But with some so called Saints fans if your not a young Ronaldo right away your no use, Sad really

Spot on Ian. Adam Brown is a good young player who is gaining experience being around the first team, He came on at Perth and played really well, But with some so called Saints fans if your not a young Ronaldo right away your no use, Sad really

Aye, Munro was only Manager for an hour and got bloody pelters. lol.gifbangin.gif

Seen highlights of the U20s win 4-1 away to Motherwell last night and looks like it could have easily been a few more. Lets just play a team of U21s on Saturday, at least they'll play with desire to win and can't be any worse up front or defensively.

You may get what you wished for!

St Mirren could field one of the youngest teams in their 137-year history against Partick Thistle on Saturday due to a string of injuries suffered by key players like Steven Thompson, John McGinn and Isaac Osborne. (Daily Record)

Of McGinn being ready or his ability to manage Saints?

Not a chance we'd ever hear him say the latter, unfortunately.

Still a bit gutted to be missing this one, but looking at all the injures, maybe I've dodged a bullet...or potentially we could play a team full of u20 players and pull off the best performance of the season.

I think it'll sadly be a narrow Thistle win.

Definitely giving this one a miss, fear another defeat and the prospect of Craig being in a seemingly bomb proof position regardless of results, particularly at home (where the vast majority of Saints fans see their team)

One point from 18 and 3 miserable goals in 540 minutes of football, costing fans £120 for the privilege. Sorry but someone is having a laugh if they think thats value for money.

Many of the fans have been primed to accept mediocrity via excuses like "we are a little club", "no money to sign decent players" , "the manager doing the best he can with the resources ( lol) " , "players injured and suspended" etc etc.

I know for a fact that season book holders have stopped going, but the real crunch will be when pay at the gate fans chuck it, like me.

I didnt think things could be worse than when Lennon was in charge, but this latest guy really takes the biscuit.

Its getting to the stage that perhaps another few defeats may be necessary to bring this board to its senses ( assuming they even give a tinkers cuss) and dismiss Craig. Trouble is, of course, their track record in appointing managers has been disastrous for the last decade, and counting.

Truly hope I am able to attend matches in the future, but not as things remain at present.

Sadly, I can't see anything other than a comfortable Thistle win. They might not be very good, but they are still better than us, especially with us having so many players out.

Defeat would leave us 7 points behind Thistle with a game more played, and they are the nearest realsitic rivals to us to avoid the playoff spot as I think Motherwell will recover (unless they appoint Kenny Black).

It wont be good at 4.45 pm tomorrow. Espcially as TC will hide behind the injury and suspension situation to explain the defeat away.

In spite of the above COYS, hope I'm proved wrong.

I intend to be at the game and I hope I don't feel too lonely when I get there!

Understandibly confidence is at a low ebb at the moment not just amongst the supporters but the players and everyone else at the club.

So perhaps we should remind ourselves what a great club St Mirren is and recall the great memories most of us have over our lifetime when there were better days.

St Mirren are one of the oldest clubs in Scotland and are steeped in tradition. They have provided some of the greatest footballers over the decades and I have been a bit disappointed to see so many posts on this forum seemingly 'accepting' that we are just a small provincial club with very limited prospects for the future.

Let's shake off the current lethargy and pessimism and start supporting the Saints again. A negative attitude is not going to help us get out of the current situation.

We seem to have been out-supported at most home games this season, so starting with tomorrow's game against Partick Thistle (another great club with a similarly impressive history) let's get behind the team and the manager and hopefully we will soon turn the corner.

I intend to be at the game and I hope I don't feel too lonely when I get there!

Understandibly confidence is at a low ebb at the moment not just amongst the supporters but the players and everyone else at the club.

So perhaps we should remind ourselves what a great club St Mirren is and recall the great memories most of us have over our lifetime when there were better days.

St Mirren are one of the oldest clubs in Scotland and are steeped in tradition. They have provided some of the greatest footballers over the decades and I have been a bit disappointed to see so many posts on this forum seemingly 'accepting' that we are just a small provincial club with very limited prospects for the future.

Let's shake off the current lethargy and pessimism and start supporting the Saints again. A negative attitude is not going to help us get out of the current situation.

We seem to have been out-supported at most home games this season, so starting with tomorrow's game against Partick Thistle (another great club with a similarly impressive history) let's get behind the team and the manager and hopefully we will soon turn the corner.

I admire your positivity but have you ever tried telling someone with depression to cheer up?

They simply cannot as their problems are too deep rooted.

There has to be a change and treatment for the depression to be conquered.

I reckon it is the same with our support and our general apathy.

Positive talk is nice... but it ain't gonna treat the underlying illness.

Right, less of the poor us syndrome. As a club we are under-performing and the team owe the fans big time !

Leaving the manager issue to one side we have some decent players and in a league which is really poor - (that Inverness team at the top end ffs !) we should be doing better. Thistle will bring a big crowd through for this one so let's get the St Mirren end rocking and give some backing to the guys on the park. It is a six pointer and for me could be a pivotal game in our season. Lose this one and even the happiest happy clapper on here will have to concede we are deep in the brown stuff. Win and we close that dangerous gap that has emerged over the past few weeks.

I'll be there in full voice so here's hoping COYS !!!

Kello

Naismith Cheesy Tess Kelly

Drury Yaqub

Teale Trialist McLean

Ball

1-0 saints (trialist 85mins)

Trialist plays 84mins in an afro wig and nobody knows who he is till he scores and breaks into a weird robotic dance clap.gif coys

Yir best yet lol.gif