St Mirren V Partick Thistle Premiership 8/11/14

shull

I quite liked the half time tune - Queen , `Don`t stop me now`

Wonder if thats Tommy`s speech in the boardroom ? I`m having such a good time , Don`t stop me now ...............

He played always look on the bright side of life at the end.....

I was near the away dug out and I noticed a steward standing between craig and the saints fans at full time, that tells us they are expecting a backlash and are digging in to hold on to tommy till january at least.

Therefore the bod must also concede that home game revenue will drop, a lot of paying saints fans pissed off.

He played always look on the bright side of life at the end.....

I was near the away dug out and I noticed a steward standing between craig and the saints fans at full time, that tells us they are expecting a backlash and are digging in to hold on to tommy till january at least.

Therefore the bod must also concede that home game revenue will drop, a lot of paying saints fans pissed off.

Which is why they must act. Today.

results have been up and down for years under the last 3 managers but I can't remember being at a game where the score is 0-0 and thinking we can't win this, but that is exactly what I thought yesterday. we looked as if we could have played to thursday and still wouldn't have scored. it reminded me of the old gag about putting out the cones in training and the cones won 1-0.

I thought Tess did ok at CB but nobody else stood out, I remember when Ball came at first we thought once he drops a bit of weight he'll be a player, but he's still exactly the same size now as he was then but with much less confidence.

I just can't see how we'll get out of this.

Don't you see Shull? with my line-ups I always predict a win, sadly Tc's line-ups don't even look like getting close to winning. At least billy mehmet in a big afro wig would have provided some entertainment.

He would indeed thumbup2.gif

I love how he's continually moaning about a lack of goals etc... After signing 3(?) strikers in the summer.

He signed the three strikers to learn from Thommo... who he didn't appoint as a coach!!!!

Alanis Morissette could learn the TRUE definition of "ironic" here.

Edited by BuddieinEK

Sometimes we have to let things run their course and have to put things in context , and perhaps accept a season where things might not go to plan , we are a provincial club , and there is not a lot of room for mistakes , and I think we have made a few over the last couple of seasons , that has effected our current player budget .

We have also been unlucky with injuries .

How many games have we lost by the odd goal when there has been very little to chose between the teams ?

Maybe by perserveering with the current squad and accepting the worst case scenario we might be in the good shape to bounce back up , or at least not have not have back to back relegations .

The youngsters playing for us are giving their all , and deserve our support .

Not buying this at all. Motherwell and killie are just like us but never get relegated. They have been in dreadful financial messes yet still stay up. No way should a club with the facilities we have be going down. It is poor management that will cause this from the top to the bottom. Look at this league and see how bad some of the teams are and watch us ? How have we become so poor but also why are we sitting back accepting it it cannot and should not be allowed to happen. We can still stay up but drastic action is needed and the fans will need to do something or this great club could be back in division one for a decade or maybe more

Not buying this at all. Motherwell and killie are just like us but never get relegated. They have been in dreadful financial messes yet still stay up. No way should a club with the facilities we have be going down. It is poor management that will cause this from the top to the bottom. Look at this league and see how bad some of the teams are and watch us ? How have we become so poor but also why are we sitting back accepting it it cannot and should not be allowed to happen. We can still stay up but drastic action is needed and the fans will need to do something or this great club could be back in division one for a decade or maybe more

What do you suggest.

that's not why I blame kello ,I blame him because he had Kelly free and wasted about 6 seconds doing f**k all then lumped it into centre circle like he did all day ,(which Osman won all day )then ball comes straight back and with more piss poor defending (like most weeks thanks cheesy )they score ,,, also not seen anybody say anything about stevenston giving the finger to the saints fans when he was subbed ,everyone around dugout seen it apart from the one guy representing strathclydes finest ,,or sorry is it now police Scotland,,

Few people are blaming Kello for the goal which is a bit unfair IMO. He had it covered but Cheesy deflected the shot and it was too late to react.

Edit - just watched it back, it actually took a couple of deflections on the way in.

that's not why I blame kello ,I blame him because he had Kelly free and wasted about 6 seconds doing f**k all then lumped it into centre circle like he did all day ,(which Osman won all day )then ball comes straight back and with more piss poor defending (like most weeks thanks cheesy )they score ,,, also not seen anybody say anything about stevenston giving the finger to the saints fans when he was subbed ,everyone around dugout seen it apart from the one guy representing strathclydes finest ,,or sorry is it now police Scotland,,

Don't worry, I'm sure when I watch Sportscene tomorrow I'll see the incident in slow motion, with a big magnifying glass over it, and then a call from the pundits for it to be a retrospective red card...

aye ,leave the jokes to the comedians buddie,,if its not Goodwin they aint interested,my problem is ,after being told by e=mc2,the officer asked our general manager and security guy who both told him he had done it ,the officer decided to do f**k all ,maybe someone ie me might have to contact police Scotland to inform them of their officers unwillingness to do his job

Don't worry, I'm sure when I watch Sportscene tomorrow I'll see the incident in slow motion, with a big magnifying glass over it, and then a call from the pundits for it to be a retrospective red card...

Sorry, let me get this right, e=mc2 went to a police man to report a player giving fans the finger as he left the pitch?

One can only imagine the distress his actions must have caused, for someone to get out their seat during a game to go to a policeman to report such a vicious incident!

I would like to apologise for our players actions. I hope that you all accept my apology and we can move on from this.

To e=mc2, I hope you have been able to sleep, after witnessing such a hate crime. No one should have to witness scenes like this at a football match!

Sorry, let me get this right, e=mc2 went to a police man to report a player giving fans the finger as he left the pitch?

One can only imagine the distress his actions must have caused, for someone to get out their seat during a game to go to a policeman to report such a vicious incident!

I would like to apologise for our players actions. I hope that you all accept my apology and we can move on from this.

To e=mc2, I hope you have been able to sleep, after witnessing such a hate crime. No one should have to witness scenes like this at a football match!

You're correct dave, it is petty..........BUT........what would the reaction have been if Goodwin had given the Thistle fans the finger?

Be honest now dave,Santa is watching.

You're correct dave, it is petty..........BUT........what would the reaction have been if Goodwin had given the Thistle fans the finger?

Be honest now dave,Santa is watching.

Thats not really like for like, is it?

Regardless, there would be much knashing of teeth. There would be some who would laugh at him. Would anyone go running to the police like a spoiled little brat, demanding action be taken by the police force on a player in a game of football? i'm pretty sure they wouldn't.

Just so i'm clear here, are we saying that there was no verbals in the first hour of the game directed towards Stevenson by the St Mirren support?

Or is it the case that there was, and whilst the buddies are happy to hand it out, they go into meltdown when the player receiving the abuse makes a hand gesture towards them in retort?

Didn't even notice Stevenson was playing tbh.

Wearing a long sleeve, you wouldn't have seen his tattoo's.

Perfect tactic from Archie, St Mirren as has been discussed by many a manager this season play a high line for the first hour and try and compact the opposition.... the perfect solution, let them do exactly that, play an extra midfielder, pump balls into the corners and play the yardage/territory game... let the extra midfielder do the leg work, then when the game opens up after an hour, make your changes... we brought fresh legs on on the wing and Doolan for Stevenson.

Thanks for the 3 points.

Thats not really like for like, is it?

Regardless, there would be much knashing of teeth. There would be some who would laugh at him. Would anyone go running to the police like a spoiled little brat, demanding action be taken by the police force on a player in a game of football? i'm pretty sure they wouldn't.

Just so i'm clear here, are we saying that there was no verbals in the first hour of the game directed towards Stevenson by the St Mirren support?

Or is it the case that there was, and whilst the buddies are happy to hand it out, they go into meltdown when the player receiving the abuse makes a hand gesture towards them in retort?

To be honest it's the same for any group of fans anywhere.............. they all dish it out but cannae take it back. Hilarious how they run for the moral high ground the minute a player shows some reaction , however stupid or ill advised. Football players are by and large not the most cerebral of people anyway, so their reactions are usually indicative of their mentality , take Dougie Imrie , Scott Brown, or Ryan Stevenson for that matter as three typical examples as case in point.

That said football fans must be the most hypocritical and fickle folk out there..................fish.gif