St Mirren V Partick Thistle Premiership 8/11/14

shull

Thats not really like for like, is it?

Regardless, there would be much knashing of teeth. There would be some who would laugh at him. Would anyone go running to the police like a spoiled little brat, demanding action be taken by the police force on a player in a game of football? i'm pretty sure they wouldn't.

Just so i'm clear here, are we saying that there was no verbals in the first hour of the game directed towards Stevenson by the St Mirren support?

Or is it the case that there was, and whilst the buddies are happy to hand it out, they go into meltdown when the player receiving the abuse makes a hand gesture towards them in retort?

I think he was talking about Sportscene not the fans

I think he was talking about Sportscene not the fans

Unless I'm missing an in joke... How did you get that from the post I replied to:

You're correct dave, it is petty..........BUT........what would the reaction have been if Goodwin had given the Thistle fans the finger?

Be honest now dave,Santa is watching.

No-one has mentioned McDaid's clear hand ball. The assistant ref just chose to ignore it.By the way I thought the ref Mr Beaton was rather chatty and friendly with the Thistle players.

I don't think it was intentional, to say the assistant chose to ignore it suggests you have insider knowledge and you know he saw it, to be able to ignore it. Maybe, god forbid, he missed it?

I'm surprised he was so chatty, probably trying to make up for missing the early "tackle" from Kelly where our captain sustained a 2 inch gash above his ankle.

https://twitter.com/welshdogg4/status/531437057206677504

Edited by dave.j

No in joke if Goodwin had given your or any fans the fingers Sportscene would be right on it

Ah ok... I'm quite sure they would, but Goodwin brings it upon himself, he's an idiot.

Sort of detracts from the point that e=mc2 went running to Scotland's police force demanding they take action on a football player giving St Mirren fans the finger, after 60 minutes of abuse. Hahaha

Ah ok... I'm quite sure they would, but Goodwin brings it upon himself, he's an idiot.

And Stevenson isn't?

FWIW I couldn't give monkeys whether Stevenson did it or not, I'd probably have laughed if I had witnessed it. However, it was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Plus, Stevenson is no angel, he's got a fairly lengthy record of behaving like an arsehole, both on and of the park.

Anyway, well done for winning by dint of being able to score a goal, unlike us.

I don't think it was intentional, to say the assistant chose to ignore it suggests you have insider knowledge and you know he saw it, to be able to ignore it. Maybe, god forbid, he missed it?

I'm surprised he was so chatty, probably trying to make up for missing the early "tackle" from Kelly where our captain sustained a 2 inch gash above his ankle.

https://twitter.com/welshdogg4/status/531437057206677504

Was that the challenge as he was shooting?

If so Kelly was not the culprit.

No-one has mentioned McDaid's clear hand ball. The assistant ref just chose to ignore it.By the way I thought the ref Mr Beaton was rather chatty and friendly with the Thistle players.

Thought he was very pro Thistle in his refereeing , there was actually one occasion when he asked the Thistle wall to move forward when Saints had a free kick , never ever seen that before.

Sort of detracts from the point that e=mc2 went running to Scotland's police force demanding they take action on a football player giving St Mirren fans the finger, after 60 minutes of abuse. Hahaha

Your point about e=mc2 is unsurprisingly mis-exaggerated by you in a poor attempt to avoid responsibility for Jags failings.

He never ran anywhere.

The jags player was 3 metres away. He did give the finger (I thought it was petty, childish silliness)

The cop was a metre away.

E=mc2 leaned over into the tunnel.

There was NO RUNNING by anyBuddie at any time on Saturday, more's the pity.

Your point about e=mc2 is unsurprisingly mis-exaggerated by you in a poor attempt to avoid responsibility for Jags failings.

He never ran anywhere.

The jags player was 3 metres away. He did give the finger (I thought it was petty, childish silliness)

Ran to the police, a figure of speech.

I can't imagine for a second him physically running to the police. That would have been a risk on the wet stairs.

I'm not sure what responsibility you wish me to take, and for what failings.

We came, we saw, we left with 3 points, bud.

Edited by dave.j

sorry .I was forgetting there is some numpty thistle supporter on this forum,i never said e=mc2 ran to the polis,,, what I meant was polis was nearer than anybody and still kids on he never seen it,,my problem was ,the idiot thistle player wasn't even getting stick .in fact I think a woman shouted at him that he was rubbish ,so its not like 300 folk were giving him dogs abuse ,,I take my daughter with me and there is a boy next to me on other side about 10/11 maybe and this is what the idiot thinks is acceptable ,as others have said whether Goodwin brings anything on himself or not ,he would have been on the back pages and the telly,

He never ran anywhere.

sorry .I was forgetting there is some numpty thistle supporter on this forum,i never said e=mc2 ran to the polis,,, what I meant was polis was nearer than anybody and still kids on he never seen it,,my problem was ,the idiot thistle player wasn't even getting stick .in fact I think a woman shouted at him that he was rubbish ,so its not like 300 folk were giving him dogs abuse ,,I take my daughter with me and there is a boy next to me on other side about 10/11 maybe and this is what the idiot thinks is acceptable ,as others have said whether Goodwin brings anything on himself or not ,he would have been on the back pages and the telly,

Numptie? Is there any need for such language? I think I've been quite polite and respectful to the Saints fans whilst I've been on your forum. Chill out friend.

I'm sorry for misrepresenting e=mc2 by using a figure of speech. You shouldn't take things so literally, however.

Can I just confirm, you are calling a member of the police a liar, even though, I would imagine from your line of sight, you wouldn't be able to see Stevenson and what the policeman was looking at?

Earlier you suggested the policeman wasn't doing his job, can I ask in this situation, what "his job" would be?

sorry for miscalling you I meant !!!!! ,I saw perfectly what the idiot thistle player did it was only a matter of 20 feet away from me,while the polis man was standing less than 3 feet away from me looking forward,,,but maybe you could ask the thistle subs or coaching staff as they all seen it as well ,in fact paul Gallagher didn't look too ennamered with him,on your other point ,im not exactly sure what his job is ,as a polis man stands in the same place in the tunnel every week and does nothing

Numptie? Is there any need for such language? I think I've been quite polite and respectful to the Saints fans whilst I've been on your forum. Chill out friend.

I'm sorry for misrepresenting e=mc2 by using a figure of speech. You shouldn't take things so literally, however.

Can I just confirm, you are calling a member of the police a liar, even though, I would imagine from your line of sight, you wouldn't be able to see Stevenson and what the policeman was looking at?

Earlier you suggested the policeman wasn't doing his job, can I ask in this situation, what "his job" would be?

,im not exactly sure what his job is ,as a polis man stands in the same place in the tunnel every week and does nothing

So if you don't know what his job is, can you clarify what you propose saying to the police when you contact them?

,maybe someone i.e. me, might have to contact police Scotland to inform them of their officers unwillingness to do his job

I was assuming his job was control ,so a footballer giving opposition fans hand gestures would to me be a case of inciting crowd trouble,i mean I watched stokes get booked on sunday for gesturing to Aberdeen fans,but like the polis man ,you seem to be a bit blinkered.

What got out of control? Is it the policeman's responsibility to control the players? So when you go to the police and tell them this officer wasn't controlling, who or what was he not controlling?

Is that the same booking the commentators called a ridiculous booking that shouldn't have happened? That one?

I think it says more about your opinion of fellow st mirren fans with kids close by them, that a daft footballer giving them the finger could incite crowd trouble!

I'm not blinkered, merely playing devils advocate.

We know , f**k off back to your own forum !

It wasn't directed at you Billy, it was directed at Bluto, who seems to think I should be taking responsibility for my clubs failings.

I'm sorry if you 'd rather I didn't post on here. I can understand why you would let your frustrations get the better of you, it's a tough time on a counts for your club.

But I'd reiterate that since moving to Paisley and posting on here, I have been very respectful to the members of the forum, have made friends with many posters and have openly discussed many aspects of your club, both in regards to games I have attended in the St Mirren end, and on circumstances like your singing section or boardroom matters etc, where I can share my own experience. I even attended the 10000 hours meeting and signed up to contribute.

I must say in the last 18 months, since we got promoted I severely cut back the amount I post and for the majority of that time have been more of a reader.

Maybe once this result has faded we can go back to being friends again?

Edited by dave.j

Sorry, let me get this right, e=mc2 went to a police man to report a player giving fans the finger as he left the pitch?

One can only imagine the distress his actions must have caused, for someone to get out their seat during a game to go to a policeman to report such a vicious incident!

I would like to apologise for our players actions. I hope that you all accept my apology and we can move on from this.

To e=mc2, I hope you have been able to sleep, after witnessing such a hate crime. No one should have to witness scenes like this at a football match!

What you don't know young man was I didn't need to get off my seat as I sit very close to where the said officer stands and I was bemused to why Ryan Stevenson made the gesture in my direction or to anyone in the vicinity. I merely asked the officer if he had noticed the players gesture. I myself would have expected at least a severe talking to if I had behaved like a silly wee boy and had made a juvenile gesture in front of a police officer. I thought is was comical, I did smile at the officer, when he said that he was not looking in the direction of the player. Mr. Stevenson can make his rude gestures all day if he wishes. What surprises me, and it happens quite often around the tunnel area, is that the conduct where I sit is very good. We do not swear, unlike some visiting managers. We do not make rude hand gestures like Ryan Stevenson. Of course, if asked, Ryan Stevenson would probably say he was only indicating the score at the time. Perhaps I should have shown him two fingers and said it was in honour of his two goals at a recent League Cup final.

Ran to the police, a figure of speech.

I can't imagine for a second him physically running to the police. That would have been a risk on the wet stairs.

I'm not sure what responsibility you wish me to take, and for what failings.

We came, we saw, we left with 3 points, bud.

Am I missing something but are you actually boasting about beating us. We're down at the minute but how many scottish or league cups do you have ? 1? I think that we are a far more successful club than you. We're in a new stadium and have our own dome and training ground. You train at garscube? We're down but we will not be down for long. If gilmour sorts it we will survive and we can catch you. Really surprised at your smug attitude I'm glad you enjoyed your day in a nice functional stadium unlike us when we get hoarded into the shittiest main stand in the league. Edited by norrie82

What you don't know young man was I didn't need to get off my seat as I sit very close to where the said officer stands and I was bemused to why Ryan Stevenson made the gesture in my direction or to anyone in the vicinity. I merely asked the officer if he had noticed the players gesture. I myself would have expected at least a severe talking to if I had behaved like a silly wee boy and had made a juvenile gesture in front of a police officer. I thought is was comical, I did smile at the officer, when he said that he was not looking in the direction of the player. Mr. Stevenson can make his rude gestures all day if he wishes. What surprises me, and it happens quite often around the tunnel area, is that the conduct where I sit is very good. We do not swear, unlike some visiting managers. We do not make rude hand gestures like Ryan Stevenson. Of course, if asked, Ryan Stevenson would probably say he was only indicating the score at the time. Perhaps I should have shown him two fingers and said it was in honour of his two goals at a recent League Cup final.

Thank god that's resolved, I wish you'd came on earlier, the way Saltcoats was portraying it there were "scenes" and it could have all gotten out of control.

It's amazing how two people sitting beside each other can have a completely different outlook on an incident.

So now that that's resolved...,

I think our win boiled down to St Mirrens rigid tactic of defending high up the pitch condensing our attack and midfield.

To combat this we played another midfielder instead of a striker, in Stevenson, and played a yardage type rugby game, if you watch the Alba highlights again, the first half was terrible but in our respect successful. We pumped high balls at Stevenson or out to the corners for him to chase.

He did this very effectively.

Come the second half and your players start to tire at the back and open up.

We bring on our fresh legged striker and minutes later Craig takes Marwood off, replaced him with a kid, and puts the tired Tesselar to left back.

We bring in our wee winger McDaid, who usually plays on the left, and put him on Tesselar.

75 minutes in away from home, still 0.0 and we have two fresh players up against your defence.

That's how, on reflection I see how we won the game. McNamara and others have called this tactic, this season and combatted it in different ways, to varying success.

It's now down to Craig to change these tactics as others will follow suit.