Motherwell

alanmurray24

wondering if the fans takeover thing in the background means no funds available to strengthen the team , hence McCall deciding its time to move on , if we had managed a draw at their place first game of the season , they would be well isolated at the bottom , thinking they could be bottom by christmas

I seriously doubt either McCall or Dempster left because of "financial issues". McCall has been approached by Neil Warnock to be his Assistant at Crystal Palace and clearly he's decided that he'd be better off there, earning more money than he is at being his own boss at Motherwell. Apparently Motherwell had some sort of gentleman agreement that if McCall had an offer they wouldn't stand in his way.

I found out about McCall leaving Motherwell at our game this afternoon which appears to have been a few hours before the media outlets published the story. The same person told me that the favourites for the post now are Scott Leitch, who is the current Assistant Manager and Derek Adams.

Might not be related to the financial issues, but Dempster and McCall were clearly doing good jobs, at least McCall was until the last few weeks.

The fact they've both left, the team is clearly struggling, they have no chairman and several Well fans across social media are extremely worried about the clubs financial plight, it doesn't exactly bode well for them.

As little as a month ago I would have said there was no real chance of them being relegated. I certainly wouldn't say that now.

I seriously doubt either McCall or Dempster left because of "financial issues". McCall has been approached by Neil Warnock to be his Assistant at Crystal Palace and clearly he's decided that he'd be better off there, earning more money than he is at being his own boss at Motherwell. Apparently Motherwell had some sort of gentleman agreement that if McCall had an offer they wouldn't stand in his way.

I found out about McCall leaving Motherwell at our game this afternoon which appears to have been a few hours before the media outlets published the story. The same person told me that the favourites for the post now are Scott Leitch, who is the current Assistant Manager and Derek Adams.

Our very own man in the know.Forum troll and die hard Saints fan.Newsflash from our anchorman Dicko live from Ravenscaig.

Smart move by mcall to go whilst his reputation is still relatively in tack from the last few seasons. He will in all likelihood get a bottom end championship or league one club at some point soon.

Our manager is basically on his last assignment before retirement so I don't think he would ever feel the need to jump to maintain some dignity and reputation.

Smart move by mcall to go whilst his reputation is still relatively in tack from the last few seasons. He will in all likelihood get a bottom end championship or league one club at some point soon.

Our manager is basically on his last assignment before retirement so I don't think he would ever feel the need to jump to maintain some dignity and reputation.

I agree with both points, which is why, if we were going to give TC the job, perhaps a 1 year deal would've been more appropriate