St Mirren V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Scottish Cup 29/11/14

shull

I can honestly see something not much over the 1000 mark....I really think people are that sickened....for so many season ticket holders it's that chance to re-assess and think OK I've paid for the year yet again on that optimism that like Inverness, St Johnstone, Accies etc maybe, just maybe this might be our year to have that little good spell especially with 2 teams new from the lower league......but having seen a 3rd or 4th year of penny pinching gambling that we might not be the worst and sat through 7 games now and seen 3 goals and 1 single point picked up I think 60-70% are thinking ...Naaa not today I'm not paying £18 to sit and watch that this week.

3 or 4 years successive cuts have left us with barely a decent Championship team and with money tighter than ever and more options to pick

people just aren't going to choose to sit through the garbage being put before them as representing their team.

I agree. I think it will be around the 1200 mark which would possibly be a new all time low for a Scottish cup tie at home in my lifetime. Most people have given up on Tommy.

I'm sure it won't be as low but I genuinely just would not be surprised listening to so many disallusioned fans.
If the club have to pay the players out of an £1800 gate then they might start listening.

Some of the players who've negotiated contracts of £900 a week or higher ....daft as they are they must realise when they're being paid half? quarter? that kind of gate money that this is just not sustainable.... but maybe as long as the cash comes in they don't give a shit....

I'm sure it won't be as low but I genuinely just would not be surprised listening to so many disallusioned fans.

If the club have to pay the players out of an £1800 gate then they might start listening.

Some of the players who've negotiated contracts of £900 a week or higher ....daft as they are they must realise when they're being paid half? quarter? that kind of gate money that this is just not sustainable.... but maybe as long as the cash comes in they don't give a shit....

We've had several lower gates than 1800 at this stage of the Scottish Cup.

All of them away from SMP certainly, but it's never stopped us paying the players before.

Also I've read that 400 tickets have been sold. Which is higher than I'd expect, given the game is 5 days away and tickets can be bought right up to kick off.

Edited by TopCat

I spoke to the club this morning.

The "less than 100 tickets sold" rumour is, as you might expect, complete bollocks.

Club is forecasting a gate of around 2,000, maybe slightly lower than that.

Sympathy for the frustration the fans are feeling at the moment, but greatly appreciate the continuing support.

Got a birthday party at Pandamonium to attend. 12-2 so I have enough time to attend the match. To be honest I think I will go, the team need us now more than ever. Don't blame anyone for not going, I haven't made it to an away game since Killie. It feels weird sitting at home watching the scores come in ( knowing its just a matter of time till you see our opponents scoring ).

Scottish Cup opening round days are special, I don't have the same buzz as previous years but we still dare to dream. To even be in the hat for the next round would be a confidence booster for the players.

Won't be pretty but I have a weird feeling we are going to win on saturday. We are a different team in the cups.

The "less than 100 tickets sold" rumour is, as you might expect, complete bollocks.

Just like I've been saying all along then!

A bit surprised at the amount of normally rational posters that have got caught up in the hysteria about the 100 tickets nonsense.

Got a birthday party at Pandamonium to attend. 12-2 so I have enough time to attend the match. To be honest I think I will go, the team need us now more than ever. Don't blame anyone for not going, I haven't made it to an away game since Killie. It feels weird sitting at home watching the scores come in ( knowing its just a matter of time till you see our opponents scoring ).

Scottish Cup opening round days are special, I don't have the same buzz as previous years but we still dare to dream. To even be in the hat for the next round would be a confidence booster for the players.

Won't be pretty but I have a weird feeling we are going to win on saturday. We are a different team in the cups.

Who are we? Chelsea?

Sympathy for the frustration the fans are feeling at the moment, but greatly appreciate the continuing support.

Sympathy?

That's so nice of them.

Inverness are 11/10 with bet365, ridiculous price considering the current state of our club.

Now 6/5! If TC is still in charge at 3pm on Saturday this is a licence to print money. It will feel like utter betrayal but business is business. Will hold fire and make sure he is still in charge before kick-off I think.

Now 6/5! If TC is still in charge at 3pm on Saturday this is a licence to print money. It will feel like utter betrayal but business is business. Will hold fire and make sure he is still in charge before kick-off I think.

Hamilton were 4/5 on saturday, couldn't bring myself to put it on but I was telling everyone else to do it.

SMFC 1 ICTFC 0

Crowd - 2487

WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO HAMPDEN HIP HIP HIP HOORAY !!!

You've either been overdoing it on the industrial strength benylin or you've been gargling wood alcohol either way you need a rub down with a paisley express in a dark room for an hour

Edited by murray street