A G M

It was the response later following an answer from TC.

Didn't hear the snide, vulgar response but a few people near the questioner applauded SG when he chastised him.

TC had just explained why he had taken the job when the guy stage whispered "I wish you hadn't"

The guy stated he was "expressing his opinion" but he lost respect stating it in the manner he used.SG went through him!!!

Another I lost respect for was George Campbell.He was sitting shaking his head at some of the questions being asked.Now even if,in his opinion,the questions were daft he should at least respect it.At one point he and a Fan were having a slightly heated "chat".SG told them to shut it and GC replied like a spoiled wean "He started it".

I had a wee laugh with a board member when we caught each others eye,he couldn't believe what he'd said.

Anyway it was an interesting night with most fans leaving unhappy!!!

you got a stinging rebuke for that ? i was expecting to hear that you had called him some name or other or had told him to eff off etc,

Yeh I think perhaps their just not used to people interrupting them , listen I hold my hands up perhaps I should have waited for him to answer and not interrupted him or made the comment c I think it was more that they were annoyed about , Gilmour is behind him but I got the impression the rest of the board arnt convinced , I think if we get beat on Saturday he's a goner , oh and he confirmed thommo ( his knight in armour) will be in the squad in saturday, so basically he is pinning our whole season on thommo, as much I love the guy I'm not convince he will be able to do that Edited by gazmc83

Just back , I asked tommy a lot of questions tonight and it was myself that made the comment at the end , all I said was that he was a good coach not a manager in my opinion , then he said he thought long and hard about accepting the job , I then said I wish u never. Maybe it was over the top but that's my opinion and the way I feel although in retrospect perhaps I should have went tomorrow rather than tonight , overall I was unimpressed with Tommys answers , he admitted his signings have been failures , Infact he held his hands up to most things at the end of the day he is completely inept to be the manager of our club and he demonstrated that tonight

Naw mate,the way you fired in your "I wish you hadn't" was silly.If you'd had the bawz to stand up and say loudly "with respect,I wish you hadn't" I'd have been the 1st one applauding but you went down the sneaky route.

The rest of your performance was fine. :)

Naw mate,the way you fired in your "I wish you hadn't" was silly.If you'd had the bawz to stand up and say loudly "with respect,I wish you hadn't" I'd have been the 1st one applauding but you went down the sneaky route.

Listen I hold my hands up , that extra comment perhaps was too much, was heat of the moment stuff and I was annoyed , but one things for sure if my performance was bad the managers was cringe worthy

TC had just explained why he had taken the job when the guy stage whispered "I wish you hadn't"

The guy stated he was "expressing his opinion" but he lost respect stating it in the manner he used.SG went through him!!!

Another I lost respect for was George Campbell.He was sitting shaking his head at some of the questions being asked.Now even if,in his opinion,the questions were daft he should at least respect it.At one point he and a Fan were having a slightly heated "chat".SG told them to shut it and GC replied like a spoiled wean "He started it".

I had a wee laugh with a board member when we caught each others eye,he couldn't believe what he'd said.

Anyway it was an interesting night with most fans leaving unhappy!!!

been at a couple of meetings where george was present, he doesnt like people disagreeing with him and seems unable to engage in a calm debate when this happens, he comes across as a bit of a bully

Unfortunately after tonight I'm even less convinced by his abilities to succeed as our manager than before.

On a positive he would welcome any supporter to Ralston to observe all the work the players do and have lunch with him afterwards (on a Friday)

Free lunch!!!

thumbup2.gif

I would say he delivered his comment better than anything Tommy has delivered tonight , or this season for that matter.

Slightly unconventional , but he got his point across , now if only we had a manager who could get his point across .... Oh Hang on

been at a couple of meetings where george was present, he doesnt like people disagreeing with him and seems unable to engage in a calm debate when this happens, he comes across as a bit of a bully

I've met him a couple of times and I thought he was the best of the three but then I'd rather have a stand up argument with someone straight forward than deal with people who say one thing then do the other

The rest of your performance was fine. smile.png

now that explains it, you have to be calm and respectful, sneaky just gets you derision and disrespect for yourself.

I've met him a couple of times and I thought he was the best of the three but then I'd rather have a stand up argument with someone straight forward than deal with people who say one thing then do the other

Let if go FFS.

We've a lot more important things to concern ourselves with than the ancient personal agenda of a bitter 'ex' Saints fan.

Let if go FFS.

We've a lot more important things to concern ourselves with than the ancient personal agenda of a bitter 'ex' Saints fan.

It's relevant. If you'll remember back I always said Gilmour was killing the club softly and if you read the comments on here there's loads of people - even those who stayed faithful during the Bone and Coughlin years - who are talking about not going back. The board is where the problem has been at St Mirren over the last 14 years. It's been riddled with inaction and strangled by fear. The fact the club has risen a division is far more down to the failure and falling standards of others than it is about development and growth at St Mirren

now that explains it, you have to be calm and respectful, sneaky just gets you derision and disrespect for yourself.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but that's exactly what TC did with his interview at the weekend, and even moreso with the reported '18 months' comment tonight.

That was appalling if he said it in the way reported.