A G M

Listen I hold my hands up , that extra comment perhaps was too much, was heat of the moment stuff and I was annoyed , but one things for sure if my performance was bad the managers was cringe worthy

As I said the rest of your performance was fine.

I'm out.

Anyone ask why the job wasn't advertised in the summer?

They were apparently swamped with applications as far back as October but their reason for giving Craig the job is that they wanted to focus on developing youth and they thought he was the man to do that , so in other words "penny pinching" Edited by gazmc83

Sounds like Gilmour, TC and the directors had a dress rehearsal for tonight's AGM as they knew what to expect, the ante should be upped at the Saints Council meeting tomorrow night with more pressing questions aimed at TC, it seems he got away with it avoiding questions tonight, by giving ridiculous answers, almost like someone who is arrested and answering "no comment" to all questions.

Reading about tonight's AGM has made me angry and TC seems to have had the last laugh tonight,

jesus ,just in from work ,doesn't sound good for us supporters,board afraid to do anything to lose money and a manager unable to do anything with the players he has brought to OUR club,wasnt expecting anything else really ,board look more dis-interested by the week and tommy looks more clueless every week ,,well matched

Anyone ask why the job wasn't advertised in the summer?

According to SG in a interview he done on the BBC just afterTC was appointed we had either 20 or 30 applicants just 30 mins after the vacancy was announced. Then they had a chat with TC and were impressed with his vision for the club and offered him the job. SG also denied it was the cheap option.

Feels like years ago now but I'm pretty sure that's what happened according to SG.

It's relevant. If you'll remember back I always said Gilmour was killing the club softly and if you read the comments on here there's loads of people - even those who stayed faithful during the Bone and Coughlin years - who are talking about not going back. The board is where the problem has been at St Mirren over the last 14 years. It's been riddled with inaction and strangled by fear. The fact the club has risen a division is far more down to the failure and falling standards of others than it is about development and growth at St Mirren

Bollocks... And the Well are shit!

Sounds like Gilmour, TC and the directors had a dress rehearsal for tonight's AGM as they knew what to expect, the ante should be upped at the Saints Council meeting tomorrow night with more pressing questions aimed at TC, it seems he got away with it avoiding questions tonight, by giving ridiculous answers, almost like someone who is arrested and answering "no comment" to all questions.

Reading about tonight's AGM has made me angry and TC seems to have had the last laugh tonight,

Aye right Fat Boab... The coon il is about everything other than team stuff... Feck aff

They were apparently swamped with applications as far back as October but their reason for giving Craig the job is that they wanted to focus on developing youth and they thought he was the man to do that , so in other words "penny pinching"

so where the f**k is the youth development ,Kelly,naismith,reilley,mcginn,mclean,all played under danny,with all the injurys we have up until Saturday, when desperation set in he never looked at youth ,f**kin hypocrite

Bollocks... And the Well are shit!

Aye but they are two points less shit than St Mirren, and they've managed several top six finishes over the last 14 years. They've even managed to sell on talent that they brought into the club as youths. I'm not completely sure why Motherwell are relevant to this thread though....:rolleyes:

I love how wealthy businessmen expect working class people struggling to put food on the table to just accept any old shite on the pitch and roll over and pay up every second Saturday.

Whilst they sit in the boardroom getting wined and dined swapping contacts with visiting club boards before taking to their padded seats, before heading back in for some more free wine and snacks at full time.

All the while the mugs sit on cold plastic seats paying over the odds to watch their team, paying for a greasy pie and watery bovril.

But hey, your club needs you in these tough times, so shut up and pay up.

Directors eh? Different class.

I think that the BOD are hoping that the pressure gets too much for him and he chucks it. Especially after attending the meetings this week.

On a really serious note I think that the pressure he is under is not good for his health especially at his age, I really hope that he doesn't suffer a major health problem. If he he does a few people will need to take a good look at what they have done to subject him to such stress and strain.

even worse for the guys who turn up every week and pay to watch directors walk out early from away games

I love how wealthy businessmen expect working class people struggling to put food on the table to just accept any old shite on the pitch and roll over and pay up every second Saturday.

Whilst they sit in the boardroom getting wined and dined swapping contacts with visiting club boards before taking to their padded seats, before heading back in for some more free wine and snacks at full time.

All the while the mugs sit on cold plastic seats paying over the odds to watch their team, paying for a greasy pie and watery bovril.

Edited by saltcoatsbuddie

I think that the BOD are hoping that the pressure gets too much for him and he chucks it. Especially after attending the meetings this week.

On a really serious note I think that the pressure he is under is not good for his health especially at his age, I really hope that he doesn't suffer a major health problem. If he he does a few people will need to take a good look at what they have done to subject him to such stress and strain.

What a bizarre post!

You think the pressure is too much for him and could have an effect on his health.

But you start the post believing the board hope the pressure gets too much for him!

I know some of you don't respect your directors! But cold hearted killers? That's a bit much.

Incidentally, you do know that tommy was Danny's assistant right?

He saw first hand how a manager gets treated when regardless of a cup win, results don't go St Mirrens way!

Do you think he believed the fans would go easy on him cause he's an old man?

I know,I'd pay tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands to do the same......

I'd even dip into my own pocket to lend them 100k to see the season out.

Directors, eh,,,,,,,,

Nobody would want that, well I'd hope not anyway.

He will have seen the effects the job had on DL. He was under a massive amount of pressure last season. TC accepted the job knowing it could turn pretty stressful , he has been in the game for a few decades.

We all want what's best for the club. Players,fans,management and the guys who run it. Football is fun when things are going swimmingly, it's horrible when things are going tits up and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.