A G M

I actually thought the way the directors came on the pitch that day and lifted the trophy and gave tearful interviews was a bit... Inappropriate. You seldom see board members of other clubs on the pitch when a trophy has been won.

I like the BOD. But I don't like the way they are everywhere when the club is doing well, but nowhere to be seen when we are doing badly.

Now THAT is not an unreasonable criticism.

I actually thought the way the directors came on the pitch that day and lifted the trophy and gave tearful interviews was a bit... Inappropriate. You seldom see board members of other clubs on the pitch when a trophy has been won.I like the BOD. But I don't like the way they are everywhere when the club is doing well, but nowhere to be seen when we are doing badly.

The owners of the club are perfectly entitled to act as they deem appropriate.

I actually thought the way the directors came on the pitch that day and lifted the trophy and gave tearful interviews was a bit... Inappropriate. You seldom see board members of other clubs on the pitch when a trophy has been won.

I like the BOD. But I don't like the way they are everywhere when the club is doing well, but nowhere to be seen when we are doing badly.

i agree it is in hindsight inappropriate, but if i was a board member and able to get on the park that day, i dont think i could have stopped myself, you dont get many chances of glory with saints and when you do win a cup all sense and reasoning go "oot the windae"

A piece of club history was made that day and I didn't find it inappropriate that the BOD should as supporters join the celebrations.

As for other certain club board members they would have been to busy phoning their accountants.

Directors on the pitch joining in the celebrations is OK by me, considering we are the kind of club who might only win a cup once or twice in our lifetimes. Especially after the hurt of 2010. Josh Magennis however, gurning in an Aberdeen club suit, days after wearing a St Mirren shirt in a 2-3 capitulation at Tannadice can fcuk right off.

This forum has been slowly dragged to gutter level with some of the personal abuse of club employees on various threads. I have not posted a lot on here for a while and have monitored the site more. Think its maybe ran its coarse, used to be fun, informative and some great threads.... NOW full of moaners. For me its time for a rest

What has the decision to give TC a contract got to do with the BOD being on field at cup final.....

Simple. ..

You said "get off their backs".

Very few are on their backs for celebrating the cup win under DL.

Most are on their backs for appointing TC on a 2 year contract.

Again, I ask, do you think that was wise?

This forum has been slowly dragged to gutter level with some of the personal abuse of club employees on various threads. I have not posted a lot on here for a while and have monitored the site more. Think its maybe ran its coarse, used to be fun, informative and some great threads.... NOW full of moaners. For me its time for a rest

Yes, moaners constantly repeating themselves, you would think they would take a rest.

Simple. ..

Again, I ask, do you think that was wise?[/quote

Again i am telling you I was replying to someone that was saying that it was inappropriate that members of the board of directors were on pitch at cup final. I never said anything about TC. I think you need to read some of the threads and not through tinted glasses, not selling club, strips, not filling the void, poor commercial decisions, having free drinks/ lunches are just a few of what the moaners rant on about. If I was lucky enough to have my son playing in a national cup final and in fact winning it i to would be on the bloody pitch. To all the moaners if it upsets you that badly what the club are doing why do you come back each game .... so you can moan? Do you know that the moaners on social media have lost the club finding at least one buyer. Cos family did not want abuse directed at them...... so what gives moaners the right to personal abuse people from doing their work 30 or 40 odd people on here. Wonder what they would do if BoD come on here moaning back at them. I am sure they would take some sort of action, go to the press or even spit their dummy out. The fact that they do it knowing that BoD will not reply makes it a bit unfair. Read all the post on here over the years about various meetings that the were going to attend and give off, from ones going to cic meeting's and even the latest one Fans Council AGM guess what? They have never turn up.... if so bothered by them call them and ask to speak to them..... they will and dont hide behind a keyboard.

we are not all moaners on here,and i dont agree that there is a lot of personal abuse,there is certainly criticism some duly given and quite a lot unduly given,some personal comments (mostly calling the manager an old so and so) are out of order, but your going to get that in life,you yourself are having a moan with this post, name calling should certainly be frowned upon but you will not stop it,people will give their opinion on here and it may not be what they would say in public but again that's what happens,the forum is not at gutter level in my opinion,only some of the people who post on it are,asking for it to be shut down displays a lack of tolerance and understanding of human nature,if it upsets you so much then maybe -with respect-you should give it a rest

The moaning is falling on deaf ears, no one appears to be listening to the fans anymore. The result is the sort of attendance that was at the cup game yesterday.

There are a lot of Saints fans ready to chuck it and not renew their season tickets if this continues. We paid good money up front and were given TC as manager who has given us the likes of Ball, Marwood,

Caldwell, Drury etc along with NO home wins and a lucky draw in the league so far. I haven't witnessed a goal being scored all season apart from on the telly.

What in Gods name do the BOD expect from the fans who have shelled out good money up front?

The fact that they do it knowing that BoD will not reply makes it a bit unfair. Read all the post on here over the years about various meetings that the were going to attend and give off, from ones going to cic meeting's and even the latest one Fans Council AGM guess what? They have never turn up.... if so bothered by them call them and ask to speak to them..... they will and dont hide behind a keyboard.

In fairness Alan. A lot of us are praying for a reply from the board on matters that, on the face of it, are dragging the club into an abyss that may be unrecoverable from. Surely, given the strength of commitment from many of us through buying STs year on year and merchandise, which, quite often recently, we've had to beg the club to manufacture so we could use hard earned cash to purchase gives us some rights to question the direction the BoDs are sending us.

Why is it unreasonable, in this age of instant, on line media, to ask that one of them takes the time to outline why they think it such a good idea to continue with a failed process that simply took away the organ grinder and replaced him with the monkey to save a little cash today at the cost of tomorrow?

Especially when it's looked recently like that may backfire and the club may regress even quicker.

Simple. ..

Again i am telling you I was replying to someone that was saying that it was inappropriate that members of the board of directors were on pitch at cup final. I never said anything about TC. I think you need to read some of the threads and not through tinted glasses, not selling club, strips, not filling the void, poor commercial decisions, having free drinks/ lunches are just a few of what the moaners rant on about. If I was lucky enough to have my son playing in a national cup final and in fact winning it i to would be on the bloody pitch. To all the moaners if it upsets you that badly what the club are doing why do you come back each game .... so you can moan? Do you know that the moaners on social media have lost the club finding at least one buyer. Cos family did not want abuse directed at them...... so what gives moaners the right to personal abuse people from doing their work 30 or 40 odd people on here. Wonder what they would do if BoD come on here moaning back at them. I am sure they would take some sort of action, go to the press or even spit their dummy out. The fact that they do it knowing that BoD will not reply makes it a bit unfair. Read all the post on here over the years about various meetings that the were going to attend and give off, from ones going to cic meeting's and even the latest one Fans Council AGM guess what? They have never turn up.... if so bothered by them call them and ask to speak to them..... they will and dont hide behind a keyboard.

i find it hard to believe that someone who wanted to buy the club did not expect to get criticism when things go wrong,as for abuse directed at directors family - absolute nonsense, you hardly get the partners or children or parents of any directors being given abuse, the only thing i've seen that comes under that is the criticism of marc mcausland because of his fathers position,that is a very unique situation they do get personal abuse from some idiots which is not very nice, so unless the mystery buyer you speak of has a son playing for the club then your talking nonsense, i would genuinely like to know how you are aware that this buyer backed out, especially since the chairman did not mention it at the AGM, he only mentioned that some bidders were not right for the club and there are a couple of ongoing situations, i would have fully expected him to raise that issue, the fact that he never said anything about it must mean that the person in question never actually made a bid at all.

Simple. ..

I hate to moan... but gonnae punctuate that so that I can read it!

:-P

If we lost a prospective buyer because they read moaning on a forum and thought family members might get abuse, then boy, that's a belter of an excuse for getting out. I've said this before, but I am on other forums - Denver Broncos and NFL UK, and they are the exact same as the St Mirren forum. Broncos reached the Superbowl but lost, and some posters want Peyton Manning shot, John Elway thrown off a bridge, and certain players sacked / sold / buried alive. On the NFL UK forum, we now have three regular season games, and some fans give NFL UK abuse for the price of beer or the quality of the burgers for sale in the pre-game tailgate.

You want abuse? Have a look at Falkirk's 'One F in Falkirk' site. I don't read abuse towards our BoDs families on here. TC and SG are getting it in the neck, but we are told BoD members read the forum. They could post their views if they are upset at the criticism. I'm sure they'd be applauded for showing some balls and fronting up. Currently all we have is silence and a manager acting like he's lost the power of speech when asked any remotely awkward questions.

If we lost a prospective buyer because they read moaning on a forum and thought family members might get abuse, then boy, that's a belter of an excuse for getting out. I've said this before, but I am on other forums - Denver Broncos and NFL UK, and they are the exact same as the St Mirren forum. Broncos reached the Superbowl but lost, and some posters want Peyton Manning shot, John Elway thrown off a bridge, and certain players sacked / sold / buried alive. On the NFL UK forum, we now have three regular season games, and some fans give NFL UK abuse for the price of beer or the quality of the burgers for sale in the pre-game tailgate.

You want abuse? Have a look at Falkirk's 'One F in Falkirk' site. I don't read abuse towards our BoDs families on here. TC and SG are getting it in the neck, but we are told BoD members read the forum. They could post their views if they are upset at the criticism. I'm sure they'd be applauded for showing some balls and fronting up. Currently all we have is silence and a manager acting like he's lost the power of speech when asked any remotely awkward questions.

Div used to give us updates from Brian that kept us informed of some but obviously not all the goings on , but sadly this didn't last long.

I wonder how many of the whining bastards on this thread who talk about being "pure passhunat aboot oor club an aw that" will be dipping into their own pockets to shell out the £5k loss for the club.

The board of directors that many of you are slating here over Tommy's appointment almost certainly will - for the umpteenth time.

When you add up the joint amounts these people have had to continually stump up out of their own pockets to keep us afloat over the years you'd be astonished at the amount.

There are people who do and there are people who bash their gums.

And it's the latter who scream for acknowledgement and attention.

Sod that. I'm behind Tommy and the BOD on this issue.

I wonder how many of the whining bastards on this thread who talk about being "pure passhunat aboot oor club an aw that" will be dipping into their own pockets to shell out the £5k loss for the club.

The board of directors that many of you are slating here over Tommy's appointment almost certainly will - for the umpteenth time.

When you add up the joint amounts these people have had to continually stump up out of their own pockets to keep us afloat over the years you'd be astonished at the amount.

There are people who do and there are people who bash their gums.

And it's the latter who scream for acknowledgement and attention.

Sod that. I'm behind Tommy and the BOD on this issue.

5k loss? Is this loss due to yesterday's attendence being significantly lower than what could have reasonably been expected as an attendence for a home Scottish Cup game? If so, were we about 1000 - 1500 bodies down? That amount of missing bodies isn't whinging moaning forum keyboard warriors alone... That is a lot of rank and file St Mirren fans voting with their wallets, and exercising the only real power in expressing their dis-satisfaction with the current state of affairs. I was one of them. Foo Fighters album and curry were great by the way.

5k loss? Is this loss due to yesterday's attendence being significantly lower than what could have reasonably been expected as an attendence for a home Scottish Cup game? If so, were we about 1000 - 1500 bodies down? That amount of missing bodies isn't whinging moaning forum keyboard warriors alone... That is a lot of rank and file St Mirren fans voting with their wallets, and exercising the only real power in expressing their dis-satisfaction with the current state of affairs. I was one of them. Foo Fighters album and curry were great by the way.

More words which won't pay the bills.

We need £5k to keep going. What's your suggestion?

Pay even more money out to replace the manager?

FWIW, I agree with those who stayed away. That IS their right.

They need to understand though that can't deny the clubs funds and then complain about what the consequence of that is.

That's the debate here.

Edited by oaksoft