A G M

I wonder how many of the whining bastards on this thread who talk about being "pure passhunat aboot oor club an aw that" will be dipping into their own pockets to shell out the £5k loss for the club.

The board of directors that many of you are slating here over Tommy's appointment almost certainly will - for the umpteenth time.

When you add up the joint amounts these people have had to continually stump up out of their own pockets to keep us afloat over the years you'd be astonished at the amount.

There are people who do and there are people who bash their gums.

And it's the latter who scream for acknowledgement and attention.

Sod that. I'm behind Tommy and the BOD on this issue.

how do you arrive at the figure of £5000 being lost, the club certainly made a lower amount of money than expected,but i would not think directors need to fork out any of their own money,just that they have less money available,and as far as i am aware any money they give to the club is by way of loans from them,the only way they are going to be out of pocket is if they have to sell their shares for less than they paid for them.

ETA just read on other thread that your saying a director reckons we have costs for this game which are £5k more than we got from the gate,does this mean inverness went away with no money at all and in fact now owe us half of the £5k,

Edited by buddiecat

as far as i am aware any money they give to the club is by way of loans from them,the only way they are going to be out of pocket is if they have to sell their shares for less than they paid for them.

So if the loans were outstanding when they sell their shares, who's going to pay their loans back, assuming a buyer doesn't want to inherit the clubs debts.

Which brings us back to maybe the reason the BOD don't want to be shelling out money they don't have or their own.

If the average price paid was £10 then nearly 20k was the gate money. Take away the vat and that would leave 16k. Does it really cost more than that to stage a game ? I am sure Partick Thistle said it cost them 5k to replay a game against the Fakes that was stopped because of the weather last year.

i find it hard to believe that someone who wanted to buy the club did not expect to get criticism when things go wrong,as for abuse directed at directors family - absolute nonsense, you hardly get the partners or children or parents of any directors being given abuse, the only thing i've seen that comes under that is the criticism of marc mcausland because of his fathers position,that is a very unique situation they do get personal abuse from some idiots which is not very nice, so unless the mystery buyer you speak of has a son playing for the club then your talking nonsense, i would genuinely like to know how you are aware that this buyer backed out, especially since the chairman did not mention it at the AGM, he only mentioned that some bidders were not right for the club and there are a couple of ongoing situations, i would have fully expected him to raise that issue, the fact that he never said anything about it must mean that the person in question never actually made a bid at all.[/quote

Give Stewart a call and he will tell you. He told those that turned up to Fans Council AGM about so now you are calling me and Stewart a lier just cos you have never heard it.....

how do you arrive at the figure of £5000 being lost, the club certainly made a lower amount of money than expected,but i would not think directors need to fork out any of their own money,just that they have less money available,and as far as i am aware any money they give to the club is by way of loans from them,the only way they are going to be out of pocket is if they have to sell their shares for less than they paid for them.

ETA just read on other thread that your saying a director reckons we have costs for this game which are £5k more than we got from the gate,does this mean inverness went away with no money at all and in fact now owe us half of the £5k,

Davidg posted the breakdown in another thread iirc the first 5% goes to sfa 20% of the remaining is taken for costs and the rest split equally so we aren't entitled to the whole a mount regardless of what the game costs. Chic young reported on open all mics a director told him he reckoned the game yesterday would cost us 5k.

More words which won't pay the bills.

We need £5k to keep going. What's your suggestion?

Pay even more money out to replace the manager?

FWIW, I agree with those who stayed away. That IS their right.

They need to understand though that can't deny the clubs funds and then complain about what the consequence of that is.

That's the debate here.

On one hand you, and I quote, called some people 'whinging bastards', and have banged on about the damage (5k) being done by people who chose not to go yesterday. Then on the other hand, you say that people are perfectly entitled not to go, as long as they then don't complain about the manager or directors?

I'm confused. Staying away is surely really damaging for the club whether it is done by a forum whinging bastard, someone who never uses the forum, any fan at all is surely doing the same damage by witholding their eighteen quid through choice.

Something wasn't right about giving a proven managerial failure a 2 year deal when previous managers were only given 1 year rolling deals. Something wasn't right about appointing a proven managerial failure who was a major part of Danny's tenure, but only Danny himself was deemed ready for the exit door. Something wasn't right about not interviewing any external candidates. It would cost money to relieve Tommy Craig of his duties, but the amount it would cost is entirely down to the BoD giving him a 2 year deal in the first place. Changing manager is of course no guarantee of turning our situation around, but that is the case when every club changes manager. It is always, always, a risk. However, there are certain cases - Mowbray at Celtic, Di Canio at Sunderland.... Tommy Craig at St Mirren, where it is clear a change IS required. We are facing a situation whereby finishing second bottom will see a playoff against Rangers (The) or Hearts. Fail to get through that, and you'll be in 'Div 1' with Hibs, and a handful of 'perennial lower league' type clubs who already have proved they can handle us - clubs like QoTS in the past for example. The best we could hope for IMHO, is to become like Falkirk maybe - stuck mid-table in the second tier. Having seen Rangers (The) demolish Killie today, I would fear for us at either Tynecastle or Ibrox - and we are already shite at home.

Frankly, while it would cost money to bag our proven managerial failure, what is the likely cost of relegation, especially with three big clubs in the division below? Add in loss of gate receipts - especially diddy team visiting numbers as well as home numbers, hospitality, advertising, commercial....

Can the BoD afford NOT to act? Mind you, they want out, so is this driving the inactivity at our club? With his record, let's say if it had been eight or so years ago, Tommy Craig's arse wouldn't have hit Greenhill Road on the way out of our club.

Edited by pozbaird

i find it hard to believe that someone who wanted to buy the club did not expect to get criticism when things go wrong,as for abuse directed at directors family - absolute nonsense, you hardly get the partners or children or parents of any directors being given abuse, the only thing i've seen that comes under that is the criticism of marc mcausland because of his fathers position,that is a very unique situation they do get personal abuse from some idiots which is not very nice, so unless the mystery buyer you speak of has a son playing for the club then your talking nonsense, i would genuinely like to know how you are aware that this buyer backed out, especially since the chairman did not mention it at the AGM, he only mentioned that some bidders were not right for the club and there are a couple of ongoing situations, i would have fully expected him to raise that issue, the fact that he never said anything about it must mean that the person in question never actually made a bid at all.[/quote

Give Stewart a call and he will tell you. He told those that turned up to Fans Council AGM about so now you are calling me and Stewart a lier just cos you have never heard it.....

ok i'll ask stewart, i know he is not a liar, you on the other hand have made up a story in the past - regarding the issue of I D cards to the fans council, anyway i didnt accuse anyone of lying i simply said i dont believe this happened, which leaves it open for someone to disprove, so did anyone else who attended the fans council AGM hear Mr, Gilmour say that a buyer backed out because of the possibility of his family getting abuse (something that has never happened to anyone apart from bryan mcausland - which i have already stated as not being a nice thing to do)

i've now established that there was a buyer who was advised by his family of the potential abuse that he (not they) might get, and this had made him change his mind,so maybe a word to the wise - if you have a grievance with the board,why not have a word with them before making your feelings public, they will listen and give explanations, everything thats posted on here and all other social media is picked up by journalists and does obviously cause potential investors to think twice, by all means have your say but be aware that what you say might (as has been shown here) actually stop people from doing what you are hoping for.

What a bizarre turn this thread has taken.

We've now got customers of the club telling customers that they shouldn't withhold their custom to express their dissatisfaction to the board of directors about the quality of the product on offer. Then we've got the Chairman of a business telling customers that someone, presumably a business person with business experience, wanted to buy this business off him but was put off by the thought that some of his customers might complain if the product they were being asked to buy was poor.

I can only assume that some St Mirren supporters have been seen putting shirts on back to front and that someone has made the assumption from that, they are all buttoned up the back! :rolleyes:

FFS. If we had a prospective buyer who pulled out of a deal because of comments on a forum - which I would suggest on here are, in the main nowhere near abusive, then, seriously, get a grip.

If it is true that a buyer DID walk away for this reason, then good riddance. Christ almighty, we give each other more abuse than we do club officials. I had a dig at Oaky tonight, he called folk 'whinging bastards'. StuDick dishes it out, but takes it right back. Alanmurray and BuddieinEK were at it earlier tonight.

If we met each other in a pub, we'd buy each other a pint.

Again, FFS!

Edited by pozbaird

FFS. If we had a prospective buyer who pulled out of a deal because of comments on a forum - which I would suggest on here are, in the main nowhere near abusive, then, seriously, get a grip.

If it is true that a buyer DID walk away for this reason, then good riddance. Christ almighty, we give each other more abuse than we do club officials. I had a dig at Oaky tonight, he called folk 'whinging bastards'. StuDick dishes it out, but takes it right back. Alanmurray and BuddieinEK were at it earlier tonight.

Again, FFS!

Indeed , lager for me please :) Cheers

Again, FFS!

f**k that... mines a g and t!!!!

;-)

The £5k will be covered by the fact we've got an unplanned replay which we'll receive half the gate money for.

If there were more fans there on Saturday, there would be more abuse shouted at the players that would've probably made the players play worse and end up with us out the cup.

Well done to everyone who didn't go as they've caused us to have an extra cup game which will earn us even more cash

The board should be thanking us tbh.

Edited by JM1

The £5k will be covered by the fact we've got an unplanned replay which we'll receive half the gate money for.

If there were more fans there on Saturday, there would be more abuse shouted at the players that would've probably made the players play worse and end up with us out the cup.

Well done to everyone who didn't go as they've caused us to have an extra cup game which will earn us even more cash.

Genius logic.

Love it.

Again, FFS!

i agree with your comments poz, but thats what the chairman said at the fans council AGM, and i suspect that the abuse is more on facebook and twitter than on here, there are no moderators on either of those, and make mine a lager please

i agree with your comments poz, but thats what the chairman said at the fans council AGM, and i suspect that the abuse is more on facebook and twitter than on here, there are no moderators on either of those, and make mine a lager please

Ah, Facebook and Twitter, two places I do not frequent. However, if they stop prospective buyers pumping their cash into football clubs, then I'm away to register for an account on both, and Mike Ashley's getting it.

Ah, Facebook and Twitter, two places I do not frequent. However, if they stop prospective buyers pumping their cash into football clubs, then I'm away to register for an account on both, and Mike Ashley's getting it.

If only you were on Facebook Poz...

You could see pictures of my dinner and it would serve to consummate our relationship! !!!!

Come on... be my fwiend!!!! ;-)