A G M

Absolutely.

You work in an industry where customer satisfaction is very important.

I bet you keep your seats clean in your taxi and don't expect your customers to clean them before sitting down.

Instead of the players doing two hours of training and a free lunch, perhaps they should be forced back to the ground and get the seats cleaned at least one afternoon before a home game.

Great idea, we're supposed to be a 'community club' so why not get the players to earn their wages by doing something in the community in the afternoons rather going to nandos and playing the playstation because they're certainly not earning their wages on the park.

Guest TPAFKATS

The advertising has been a bug bear of mine for a whole. Smaller teams than us manage to fill space and even install electronic scrolling signs for a live game.

Maybe there isn't enough margin in doing this but it seems strange that teams who are diddier than us can utilise these revenue streams as a one off and we have grey space

The advertising has been a bug bear of mine for a whole. Smaller teams than us manage to fill space and even install electronic scrolling signs for a live game.

Maybe there isn't enough margin in doing this but it seems strange that teams who are diddier than us can utilise these revenue streams as a one off and we have grey space

I thought the scrolling advertising boards came with the tv company.

Your stadium is flooded with advertising boards. 2 rows round all 4 sides of the pitch? We have one row on 3 sides of the pitch, with nothing at all along the jackie husband stand.

I have now realised that by replying to you, I feel we are "diddier" than you. Oh well, such is life.

Our commercial department is only interested in organising dinners and the old fashioned hospitality. While these are all well and good we miss out on so much more. If firms aren't spending as much on hospitality then we change what we're offering to entice them or go after different firms. Granted no one will want to come to watch us play so we better be offering something amazing!

I'd like to know how you can verify this statement, have the comercial department sat down with you and discussed their strategy with you? Have they given you an insight into the challenges they face? have they explained how much of an advertising budget thay have to draw on?

Or did you just make this up?

So if I've got this right, TC wafted four names on a bit of paper, so we can relax safe in the knowledge he was on top of identifying signing targets.

Strip sales are on a par with previous seasons, so we can relax safe in the knowledge that the current kit is well liked and sales figures reflect this.

We have Plummer and Tess, so we can relax safe in the knowledge that we are well sorted in the CB positions.

There are no plans to kit out the void as a supporters bar, so we can relax safe in the knowledge that Paisley pubs will not lose out on valuable revenue.

No airlines were interested in an advert on the dome (the facility, not Jim Goodwin's napper), so we can relax safe in the knowledge we aren't missing anything if we fail to get a windae' seat on our holibobs.

Our strikers are pish, but will be fine and dandy once Thommo' is fit, so we can relax safe in the knowledge that Thommo' is not only a legend and a handsome man, he's a fcuking miracle worker.

Tommy will only 'fall on his sword' in eighteen months time, so we can relax safe in the knowledge that at least one Scottish pensioner won't be worried about affording those fuel bills for the next two winters.

Finally, we let Gowser go, so we can relax safe in the knowledge that Paisley polis will feel safer out on the beat this festive season.

Yo ho, fcuking ho. I'm convinced..... we are in great shape. Nothing to worry about, nothing to see here, move along....

Re: the bold bit above, I think you may be, being a tad harsh on a well meaning person!

Personally I can't wait for messrs: C. Arrots, M. Ince, H. Addie & S.H. Paper to strut their stuff for the saints

Which of these scenarios would you choose?

A. Sell 10 advertising boards at £10,000 each

B. Sell 10,000 advertising boards at £1 each

Must be great to support a big Club like Caley, a so called joke manager, players from non league football and a fan base of about 4000. A BOD that can have a plan. Why did we get stuck with this lot. Question - Do we think Yogi would have us 2nd

whistling.gif

How did that stray zero get in there?

Have you seen them at home on the telly? Last game looked like there were hunners.

Remember, there's nothing at the camera side.

Edited by Vambo57

Billyj I have kind of backed off from taking about the AGM too much.However I have sat through the likes of Bone Fitzpatrick Hendrie Coughlin Gus and Danny and I have never felt so uncomfortable with a manager's answers. It fact the whole evening was a disappointment. On the plus side I will continue to support the team I love and will be there tomorrow with my lovely wife. On the advertising side I am optimistic after chatting with Brian Caldwell as he is very keen to explore airline adverts at our stadium.COYS.

Guest TPAFKATS

I thought the scrolling advertising boards came with the tv company.

Your stadium is flooded with advertising boards. 2 rows round all 4 sides of the pitch? We have one row on 3 sides of the pitch, with nothing at all along the jackie husband stand.

I have now realised that by replying to you, I feel we are "diddier" than you. Oh well, such is life.

Glad you now know your place.

Maybe the mix of alcohol and everyone's rage at the moment it was wise not to sell any wreck the hoose juice at the AGM

Surely selling alcohol wouldn't have seen any aggro break out - selling TVs twenty quid off might have seen a riot start.

Edited by pozbaird

Guest TPAFKATS

Surely selling alcohol wouldn't have seen any aggro break out - selling TVs twenty quid off might have seen a riot start.

Another opportunity missed by our commercial dept. Black & White Friday...

Billyj I have kind of backed off from taking about the AGM too much.However I have sat through the likes of Bone Fitzpatrick Hendrie Coughlin Gus and Danny and I have never felt so uncomfortable with a manager's answers. It fact the whole evening was a disappointment. On the plus side I will continue to support the team I love and will be there tomorrow with my lovely wife. On the advertising side I am optimistic after chatting with Brian Caldwell as he is very keen to explore airline adverts at our stadium.COYS.

on the highlighted part, don't hold your breath,

Edited by buddiecat

I have it on very good authority that Brian is in talks with Laker Airways. He will give us the latest info in next weeks "Update from Brian Caldwell" thread

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

apart from selling Love Street, building a brand new ground, clearing £3 million of debt, building a new training ground, overseeing the club establish itself in the SPL (until now, granted!) and winning only the 4th major honour in the club’s 137 year history.

I’d love to have seen what we might have achieved with a board which was “proactive”…

:P

(what have the romans ever done for us!)

Yeah, Stuart Gilmour's performance in that final was superb. The way he set up that third goal.....

Yeah, Stuart Gilmour's performance in that final was superb. The way he set up that third goal.....

I actually thought the way the directors came on the pitch that day and lifted the trophy and gave tearful interviews was a bit... Inappropriate. You seldom see board members of other clubs on the pitch when a trophy has been won.

I like the BOD. But I don't like the way they are everywhere when the club is doing well, but nowhere to be seen when we are doing badly.

I actually thought the way the directors came on the pitch that day and lifted the trophy and gave tearful interviews was a bit... Inappropriate. You seldom see board members of other clubs on the pitch when a trophy has been won.

I like the BOD. But I don't like the way they are everywhere when the club is doing well, but nowhere to be seen when we are doing badly.

Spot on my friend.