Could Anyone Do Any Better

I can't see the BOD splashing any cash to sack Tommy, so... Tell him he is now in charge of the U20s and put David Longwell in charge of the 1st team on a caretaker basis. Tell him if he does well, then he is our next manager. Sorted.

David longwell should be replaced from his current job never mind the ridiculous notion of putting him in charge of the first team!

longwell should be judged on the transfer fees he's brought in and after 10 years his record is shocking

part of the reason the first team is so sh1t is the lack of top quality youngsters he's found and the lack of money he has generated

longwell should be out the door with craig

just like you, they are both clueless

The main reason we are in so much trouble is down to the current BOD given the managerial decisions they have made over the years and their silence. I accept Gilmour originally done a remarkable job, but since the late nineties or before as chairman his decisions have been diabolical.

His main aim was to save our club, this he did, but if not careful he is going to be the man that oversees the downfall of the club, surely he has got enough sense and passion not to let this happen.

Perhaps he would be kind enough to make a statement letting us fans know whats going on, if he fails to do so he will only see less and less money coming into the club with declining attendances and I am sure he does not want that to happen.

David longwell should be replaced from his current job never mind the ridiculous notion of putting him in charge of the first team!

longwell should be judged on the transfer fees he's brought in and after 10 years his record is shocking

part of the reason the first team is so sh1t is the lack of top quality youngsters he's found and the lack of money he has generated

Just a question?

Is it David Longwell's decision to not offer promising youngsters contracts or even extensions?

Seems to me teams like Dun Utd do exactly that and reap the return on their investments.... Only sayin like....

Just a question?

Is it David Longwell's decision to not offer promising youngsters contracts or even extensions?

Seems to me teams like Dun Utd do exactly that and reap the return on their investments.... Only sayin like....

the manager and board presumably

what does it matter?

who have we lost out on a big transfer fee for as a result of not signing on a long contract?

Yet another Alias for The Captain chaps... and just as abusive as ever!

Edited by Vambo57

Fact: TC has a depth of football knowledge built up over a significant number of years and he has a lot of football contacts. He has managed three football teams and coached several others over a lengthy period.

Having the attributes described above doesn't necessarily make him a good football manager, motivator or man-manager who can get the best out of a team of individuals or a squad. Sometimes the top job in any profession whilst sought by many, isn't the best for that person when it comes to the crunch.

Do I have faith that TC will pull us out of this mire..................................................... Highly questionable!

I want to be wrong and I have no desire to see a high turnover of Saint's managers, but I am beginning to get a sinking feeling which I just can't shake off, to the extent that I now don't feel like going to a game at home any more.

Did well scouting for Hibs.whistling.gif

didn,t get a chance to bring any players to Hibs , but appointing someone like him to actively scout for players in the lower leagues in England , might allow us to put together am with a bit of shape to it ,

I,m led to believe that he is asked to sign certain types of player , and then goes out looking for players that best fit that description , and theres no doubt that he did a good job at Inverness.