St Mirren Legend Junior Mendes

shull

Ball, marwood,and caldwell could certainly fill the shirts of Yardley, Basher, and Junior - pity they couldn't fill their boots.

ETA - "fill their boots", they couldnae lace their boots

Couldnae lace their drinks more like.

Enjoyed watching Junior especially against Airdrie always seemed play well.

A big miss for us when we went up and he never really played well after that season

He was responsible for one of the best crowd abuse of a player I've ever experienced.

I'm sure everybody remembers the game just after he jumped ship to Dungvermin and they played us at Love Street. Every time he got the ball or even strayed into the general vicinity of the north bank, he was subjected to a cacophony of boos from what seemed to be every fan in there. It was almost constant for 45 minutes.

The poor guy was totally demoralised by it and IIRC was subbed at half time.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! laugh.png

Edited by FTOF

That match against The Pars was hilarious.

Junior is a Saints legend but he deserved the deafening boos that day.

Not even Elliot ever got that sort of abuse.

Edited by shull

He was responsible for one of the best crowd abuse of a player I've ever experienced.

I'm sure everybody remembers the game just after he jumped ship to Dungvermin and they played us at Love Street. Every time he got the ball or even strayed into the general vicinity of the north bank, he was subjected to a cacophony of boos from what seemed to be every fan in there. It was almost constant for 45 minutes.

From my memory he didn't make it anywhere near half time because the abuse was so intense that he was completely ineffective!

• 8 months later...

I would be a joy to watch against Beith..even if I had one leg I'd still be best player on park such is the shite standard!

Really are you better than Junior Mendes, Jose Quitingo or Andy McLaren?

I highly doubt it.

I didn't think it possible there was a bigger wanker than lovestreet on this forum.

You have proved me wrong as you are without doubt the biggest wanker on any football forum in Scotland including Old Firm fans.

Edited by PCCABE

Really are you better than Junior Mendes, Jose Quitingo or Andy McLaren?

I highly doubt it.

I didn't think it possible there was a bigger wanker than lovestreet on this forum.

You have proved me wrong as you are without doubt the biggest wanker on any football forum in Scotland including Old Firm fans.

yes I'm better than all three of them...

You're certainly a wanker.

That is confirmed.

confirmed by who? You? A halfwit who thinks Beith are a real football team..would take me twenty minutes out in street to get a team together to beat them...junior football was invented for has-beens, never-has beens and fake hard men...as I've said if I turned up tonight I'd be best player at club!

confirmed by who? You? A halfwit who thinks Beith are a real football team..would take me twenty minutes out in street to get a team together to beat them...junior football was invented for has-beens, never-has beens and fake hard men...as I've said if I turned up tonight I'd be best player at club!

Put your money where your very big mouth is.

John McGinn's turn next.