Green Bigots V Saints

FTOF

Only positive is we scored a goal.

There was absolutely no direction today, playing an unfit 36 year up top himself for that length of time at parkhead today was shocking.

Gary Teale must not get the job, absolutely not.

You wid be better no going home via the Erskine Bridge. lol.gif

Sorry i am not into this Teales chance starts next week pish we have the same 3 points on offer as we had today. He has no experience today just as he will have none next week get his arse off the seat and give it to someone deserving he has had an imput all season and has imputted hee haw. I saw no change today from the rest of the season we cannot defend end of until that is addressed we aint beating no one

I am not buying into this also. Teale has been part of the management/coaching team that has managed to get us bottom of the league.Moreover he is the guy that got us Ball from Derby.We are crying out for an experienced manager who can wheel and deal and revamp the whole place.Time is of the essence and we simply cannot afford to piss about.

Sorry i am not into this Teales chance starts next week pish we have the same 3 points on offer as we had today. He has no experience today just as he will have none next week get his arse off the seat and give it to someone deserving he has had an imput all season and has imputted hee haw. I saw no change today from the rest of the season we cannot defend end of until that is addressed we aint beating no one

Of course Teale's real chance starts next week. Plenty of St Mirren teams under managers who had been in charge for years (and with squads THEY had signed) have suffered 7-0 or 7-1 gubbings at the Tattiedome. Either that, or those managers shat it before a ball was kicked and played a 1-10 formation.

Expecting Teale (and Longwell) to do anything more than put out an organised team who wouldn't shite it and would play with their heads held high is completely unreasonable. We have been shite all season, how in the name of fcuk was Teale supposed to turn that around in a few days while facing a team just qualified for the latter stages of European competition away from home? Next week is the true test.

Edited by pozbaird

Gary teale out urging the players on, punk.gifpunk.gifpunk.gifpunk.gif , that is what we want

gary teale is not and is miles away from being a manager,people are saying he is a good coach - based on what exactly ? we need an experienced manager with contacts and dealing skills - not a man who is friendly with our stadium janitor who's also friendly with a board member and the fecking pie stall owner, clear out is required

I would say it's absolutely unbelievable that some posters on this forum are criticising Teale for the result today. It isn't unbelievable though. That's what some of our 'fans' are like.

We got humped at Celtic Park. Big deal. We've been humped there before, we'll get humped there again.

Scott Brown - who scored 2 of their 4 goals - earns more than our entire 18 combined. It amazes me that some people are disappointed by what happened today. What happened today is what should have happened.

If Celtic play well - as I thought they did - no team in Scotland can get near them. They gubbed Dundee Utd 6-1 earlier in the season for example, United are a far better team than us.

As after every game at Parkhead for the last 7 years, we forget it and move on.

Edited by TopCat

Thought we started well today but after McLean cocked up the chance right at the start it was all very routine. It was depressing to see us adopt such a defensive shape with little belief - my Celtic supporting mate commented on the amount of balls Thommo wins yet there is never anyone to link up with him. We also broke on the counter a few times in the 2nd half but none of our midfield seemed remotely interested in taking the ball. Disappointing.

McLean also needs to sort out his dead balls as he wasted a few opportunities by booting the ball out of play, which was embarrassing and wasteful.

On the plus side, I thought McGinn was cracking - bossed the first 20mins or so, including nutmegging Scott Brown a few times - nice to see. Also thought Osbourne and Naismith were good. Negatives - thought McLean was very out of sorts and Goodwin was ineffective (game totally bypassed him). Kelly - with the exception of his goal - had 90mins to forget.

Onwards and upwards (well we can only go in one direction now).

Celtic should have had 10 today. Absolutely shite. Defence was horrendous again. Naismith great attacker poor defender and Kelly wasn't anywhere near his best. Add into that cheesy and Reilly who both didn't do anything. Reilly I'm sorry but he really needs to be loaned or released

Does make you wonder if Naismith would be better suited as either a right midfielder or a wingback? Maybe we need to go three at the back. Though increasingly sceptical that Plummer actually wants to play. Could be him and Drury will be off home shortly.

Does make you wonder if Naismith would be better suited as either a right midfielder or a wingback? Maybe we need to go three at the back. Though increasingly sceptical that Plummer actually wants to play. Could be him and Drury will be off home shortly.

I'd agree - Naismith looks good going forward but I think he plays where he does as we have no other right backs. As for the Man City boys, not sure that they have improved us. Couldn't care less if they both head south. Plummer has looked decent but I think we need some experienced guys at the back, not young boys (albeit talented).

Sounded like a fairly regulation Darkhead defeat. sad.png

Let's hope ST's 75 mins has him as ready as possible for next week - COYS!

I saw him tonight having a meal with his family in Houston. He wasn't limping and was smiling. Thats a pass as far as my fitness testing goes.

My missus was also impressed how handsome he is.

I predicted 4-1 in the predictor. Every cloud.

Wouldn't mind them heading back south. Drury hasn't contributed much, apart from a couple of goals, and looks lost in games. Plummer looked good, but I don't think he's what we need.

Not particularly dismayed by this result - I think most of us were expecting a tanking. On the positive side we had the ball in the net twice, and McLean missed two very good chances. We should have scored 4 at Darkheid - that's progress, no?

Watched the highlights on Sportscene this morning. Jesus no, there's no sign of progress. Horrific defending at all four goals and a St Mirren side that was wide open and full of gaping holes all over the park. Is there no-one at St Mirren who knows how to keep a side compact and tight at the back? Or is it just that all instruction goes out of the window as soon as they put Marc McAusland in the starting line up?

22 Celtic shots to just 4 from St Mirren - speaks volumes.

Watched the highlights on Sportscene this morning. Jesus no, there's no sign of progress. Horrific defending at all four goals and a St Mirren side that was wide open and full of gaping holes all over the park. Is there no-one at St Mirren who knows how to keep a side compact and tight at the back? Or is it just that all instruction goes out of the window as soon as they put Marc McAusland in the starting line up?

22 Celtic shots to just 4 from St Mirren - speaks volumes.

I wasn't talking about the defending. It was sh*te as usual. But going forward we were better than we've been in recent weeks.

Not particularly dismayed by this result - I think most of us were expecting a tanking. On the positive side we had the ball in the net twice, and McLean missed two very good chances. We should have scored 4 at Darkheid - that's progress, no?

Yeah it was certainly different from other performances there, especially under Lennon. We never even scored once there in 6 games under him!

Several times I've seen us go there and lose 2/3/4/5/6/7-0 there without creating a single chance.

Yesterday we at least had a go at them. Our full backs got forward, McGinn and McLean had a couple of decent opportunities and we scored!

Granted this left us open at the back a bit, and Celtic did take advantage as you'd expect. However I'd certainly rather see that kind of performance over sticking 11 men behind the ball and losing 2-0, which was McPherson and Lennons Parkhead gameplan.

Edited by TopCat

Not when you should have lost 12 at the other end its not. Teale went for Glory which is laughable, should have been 10 behind ball and frustrated them. That's what managers do when they go to Cellic, well unless your Barca. Teale probably thinks we are