Action Needed

I can't be there on Saturday as I've a works day away in Edinburgh which has long been planned.

If I was available I daresay I'd head along, purely because it's better than going to Braehead or Silverburn which would be the most likely alternatives.

I will go to every home league game, but I can't see me going to many aways under TC.

When it ceases to be enjoyable and it's expensive and takes up a big part of the weekend then it's an easy decision to make.

Divs right, TC's record has been dreadful. Although he can legitimately use the current injuries as some kind of excuse at the moment the fact is that every player except Steven T was available in the first half dozen or so games and we were just as bad then. The statistics are shocking, goals for and against and the fact that we have only picked up 1 point at home. We are not quite detached from the pack and that, I suspect,is his saving grace in the boardroom as is the cheerio cheque we would have to find from somewhere.What really irritates me is his patronising post match comments that suggest that there is light at the end of what has been a very long tunnel and the fans should be patient. I have supported St Mirren for a very long time and even my superhuman reserves of patience are at breaking point. His latest bizarre team selection suggests that blind panic is now the order of the day as you just do not throw in young lads into a relegation battle, especially when there is very little in terms of experience already in the team. To call this a shambles is an understatement. He is in his 4th season at the club and so far has got every big decision wrong. This week is make or break. I genuinely hope he wins and it is the kick start we need. Then again ..........................

I think there were genuine splits of opinion at the end of both Gus and Danny's reign as manager.

Both those managers could boast tangible success during their time in charge.

Gus took us from first division also rans to champions within 2 seasons and then established us in the top flight with reasonable cup success in the shape of two quarter finals, a semi final and the final we don't talk about. I really rated him, but his relationship with the fans was frosty at best and he was given more resources than any other Saints manager in recent times. We still went on long winless runs during his time as gaffer and we stayed up by the skin of our teeth sometimes.

Danny came in and it's fair to say his first season was an abject disaster, completely under estimating what was required in the premier league. He could easily have been punted in that season but we managed to just about survive and the next couple of seasons were pretty enjoyable with the cup win being the pinnacle. Operating on a smaller budget he did fairly well and he brought through a number of young players. Again though we constantly struggled in the league and went on long winless runs.

I don't sense much of a split in opinion when it comes to Tommy Craig,

Tommy has had a disasterous start as manager, I don't think anyone could seriously defend his record given the poor performances we have had to endure, the lack of goals, the horrendous defensive mistakes and the plain downright shambolic nature of his team selections and substitutions.

In his defence he has had a lot of injury concerns to deal with, but aside from the very first game of the season away at Motherwell I have yet to see us turn in a decent 90 minute performance under his management.

I think he will probably be given until the end of the year to try and turn it around as there appears to be sympathy in the boardroom about that injury situation but I guess the situation is fluid. A shocking turnout on Saturday coupled with a heavy defeat by ICT might accelerate things, as might any imminent deal to sell the club.

It's all thoroughly depressing.

Ah, the mythical imminent sale of the club. Contracts to be signed in Brigadoon, while sailing on the Marie Celeste throwing bread out for Nessie.

Judging by so many of the replies right now could be a real watershed for our future support....lifelong Saints fans just having had the heart ripped out of them with the ineptness of the last few months and just not wanting to watch more of the same.
Many of these will take kids....many kids will maybe have cried enough having seen just 3 goals and not a single win......even the real core support is starting to dwindle and that sort of passion and commitment over the years and enthusiasm they pass on to others will be very very hard to replace.

....and yet those in charge sit on their hands just waiting and hoping for the best.

Did anyone else notice Tommy's successor at Charleroi got as many points in their first 6 games as he did in his 19

The last 2 posts say it all. I'm not boycotting either, but neither am I going to knock back invites to other events on the basis that I'll be going to see St Mirren. And I've lived most of my adult life doing just that.

Feel exactly the same. For the last 47 years I have attended , I reckon , 95% of our matches home and away, sometimes 100%. I'm not quite sad enough to miss Weddings, Funerals etc and have missed the occasional game because of work . I even try , not always successfully, to organise holidays around games. That has caused a lot of friction at home and lots of things have been missed because of my obsession.

I have witnessed the dreadful early seventies and the poor nineties..

This however is the worst I've felt . Having said that Danny's four years apart from one thing were poor as well but not as bad as this.

I really lost interest at Hamilton on Saturday. That has never happened before.

I do not blame the manager or players . He and most of the players are out of their depth but they were employed by us and have rights. The blame lies with those who run the club . I applaud the BOD for getting us out of debt. They have been successful in that . They have however spent the money we do have foolishly and made poor decisions and thats why we are where we are. I also dont think our infrastructure is all it should be . Our youth and commercial set ups appear inadequate to me although I'm no expert so maybe I'm being unfair. We really have not developed at all since coming up 9 years ago.

I sense an apathy around the club and a staleness at all levels. That needs a major shake up . At previous AGMs there has been a smugness from Mr Gilmour. It will be interesting to see if that continues tomorrow.

Perhaps St.Mirren has been too big a part of my life but whats happening now is a huge kick in the teeth . I feel pissed off and helpless.

Here's what the Chairman of Peteborough has tweeted about his team and manager (Darren Ferguson) after yesterday's defeat. I wonder what the Saints Directors tweeted when they left earlier or what SG was taking time out to calmly consider...

"I apologize to Posh fans as I can`t defend management setting up for a 0-0 at home, nor defend at 0-2 down waiting until the 72nd minute to bring on our leading goalscorer/attacking players. Nor can I defend the players waiting until they are 2-0 down before playing with an attacking mentality.

"I have given them all patience and nurturing support non-stopm but now is the time for a different approach. Not good enough, my apoolgies! I mean I`ve been nice/supportive with players and it`s time for me to be different."

Well indeed, you also see Steven Presseley's interview where he is raging at the effort of his players and compare it to Tommy Craig gibbering away after the Hamilton match claiming he put the right team out and feels perfectly fine.

On the bright side, he has done the impossible and finally made everyone on this forum agree on something!

after five plus years of gradual decline and apathy being generated from the boardroom and the last straw for many life long fans is that they are finally being forced out the habit of attending games

My fear is that our fan base and future attendances will never recover from this current plight

Absolutely. Just like going to games was a habit, not going will become a habit for many. Any future board will have a massive task on their hands enticing the fans back.

When danny really needed a result invariably he got one. Aberdeen at home last year after a tommy like start we dug out a point then won three out of five or something. No chance of that with tommy. We played killie away in September with. Wylde, Goodwin, mcginn, Osborne, Plummer all playing and we were pants. Do t let the injury list fool you

after five plus years of gradual decline and apathy being generated from the boardroom and the last straw for many life long fans is that they are finally being forced out the habit of attending games

My fear is that our fan base and future attendances will never recover from this current plight

highest league finish and a cup win isnt a decline