The National. .

saintnextlifetime

The Herald enjoyed an increase of 111% on its sales around the time of the Referendum and now 40% increase compared to year on year , so certainly not dwindling . .

As for "the doomed Nationalist bandwagon" , I think you would think the other side lost , looking at the parties that supported the Union . Labour have virtually imploded and the Unionist party are having their wee defections . Also prior to the referendum , the SNP had a membership of 25k , as of last weekend , it is now over 92,000 which gives them the 3rd biggest membership in the UK , aye the UK not just Scotland. .

Nae wobbly wheels up here bluto , democracy is alive and well in Scotland . Even with the combined weight of the UK establishment and 20 odd newspapers opposing it , they still polled 45% for Yes. .

There were two meetings of independence groups on Saturday by the river Clyde , 1 had 3k attendance and the other had 12,000 . . wurs the wobbly wheel. .

The wobbly wheels were always under the SNP's daft "Nationalist but keep the monarchy and the GBP" etc's fumble towards Independence.

I can see - always have done - the reasons to seek separation and power over one's own destiny, and I'd happily ally myself to the crowd at the the 3k meeting, ( some of whom were from London, I notice).

The main point I was making is that the opportunistic Herald exploited an opportunity to arrest an unstoppable fall. Newspapers are in sharp decline but if Nationalists think a Nationalist paper is pure dead brilliant then I'm not surprised.

They have experience in dealing with disappointment.

As for the 12000 crowd...? I don't suppose a free concert played any part in people's reasons to attend? :whistle:

The wobbly wheels were always under the SNP's daft "Nationalist but keep the monarchy and the GBP" etc's fumble towards Independence.

I can see - always have done - the reasons to seek separation and power over one's own destiny, and I'd happily ally myself to the crowd at the the 3k meeting, ( some of whom were from London, I notice).

The main point I was making is that the opportunistic Herald exploited an opportunity to arrest an unstoppable fall. Newspapers are in sharp decline but if Nationalists think a Nationalist paper is pure dead brilliant then I'm not surprised.

They have experience in dealing with disappointment.

As for the 12000 crowd...? I don't suppose a free concert played any part in people's reasons to attend? whistling.gif:

I think the reasons for keeping the monarchy and the GBP , were discussed at length before -in a nutshell , interim measures. .

TBF , the 3k in the other building actually amounted to 7k spread over 3 buildings , attending the RIC conference .

Obviously the Herald enjoyed a boost from backing independence (the only newspaper to do so , with 2 newspapers remaining neutral) ,so I suppose the appetite for a Nationalist paper comes from people being sick and tired of reading Unionist propaganda, lies and deceit . .

Disappointment perhaps but I believe Salmond knew that , on this occasion , that being forced to take the 3rd option off the table that the vote was unlikely to get the desired percentage. However , he got the Scottish public voting again and also introduced a whole new generation to it also .

One in 50 Scots are now members of the SNP and nearly 75% of Scots want another referendum. . so the wobbly wheel has been balanced and is running true again. .smile.png

Whilst I haven't bought a copy yet it must be seen as an opportunity to balance the news reporting

As a friend in France said on the 19th 'How can it be that only 1 of 37 newspapers represents 45% of a population?'

What do you think we should do about that?

Force newspapers into supporting independence to redress the balance?

And it wasn't 45% of the population either... It wasn't even 45% of those who voted!

What do you think we should do about that?

Force newspapers into supporting independence to redress the balance?

And it wasn't 45% of the population either... It wasn't even 45% of those who voted!

The point is that the British have sent advisors to other countries (ex-colonies for instance) to tell them that their democratic processes are not free and fair because their media is biased . .

The point of it is that , it wasn't just the media either , the full weight of the British establishment was brought to bear against the independence movement . .

They wont get away with it the next time. .wink.png