The Players

Fair enough tommy is having a horrendous time as manager. He looks clueless and on Saturday his selection and tactics were dreadful. But the players currently pulling on our jersey apart from one or two are an absolute disgrace . Not one would get a game in another spl team. A collective and utter pile of shite.

Fair enough tommy is having a horrendous time as manager. He looks clueless and on Saturday his selection and tactics were dreadful. But the players currently pulling on our jersey apart from one or two are an absolute disgrace . Not one would get a game in another spl team. A collective and utter pile of shite.

The players TC signed like Marwood and Caldwell wouldn't look out of place in my local amateur team, bloody embarrassing seeing guys like them pull on the black and white jersey, powderpuff.

There has to be collective blame for our season so far. The board for cutting the budget, Tommy for signing inexperienced and poor quality players and the players not playing to the best of their ability

I wonder why there not playing to the best of their ability.

Think that McGinn, Wylde, Tessler, Kello. Goodwin, Mclean, Kelly, Naismith and Osborne would all get a game for another team.

Reilly, Baird, Brown, Yacub, Mallen Morgan and Mclear would all get a place with on the squad.

Ball, Marwood and Drury Hmmm, prove me wrong guys

i but in what league

Think that McGinn, Wylde, Tessler, Kello. Goodwin, Mclean, Kelly, Naismith and Osborne would all get a game for another team.

Reilly, Baird, Brown, Yacub, Mallen Morgan and Mclear would all get a place with on the squad.

Do you mean that Reilly and co would get into other squads in the premiership?

I don't think Reilly would get into any squad in this league and he's had a decent run of games of late, as for the others they haven't played enough to make any judgement.

Do you mean that Reilly and co would get into other squads in the premiership?

I don't think Reilly would get into any squad in this league and he's had a decent run of games of late, as for the others they haven't played enough to make any judgement.

Reilly wouldn't get in most championship squads never mind SPL, hopeless .

I don't doubt every first team player in the squad could get a job at another club. The only 3 I'd even consider for Firhill would be Tess, McLean and McGinn. Add Thommo if he ever gets fit.

We have a really strong midfield but are crying out for competition at left back for McMillan, so that McMillan can in turn compete with O'Donnell at right back.

Other squads are crying out for a Wylde or an Ozzy.

St Mirren do have good players there. A couple of outstanding ones. But have been crippled by a combination of injuries and a terrible manager.

A new young manager with fresh ideas could and should breath new life into the club as a whole, there's a really bad feeling around the club and that spreads across our wee town. How distant that league cup win seems now!

How different that squad!

There are players at the club who frankly should not be there if St Mirren are to grow. Existing players, the young lads will not grow whilst the current manager is there. Morale etc forbid it.

If the board are serious not only about selling, but are still in love with the club, they need to act.

The modern game has changed drastically in the last 5 years, people like TC and Ian McCall to use an example at our club are dead wood, consigned to the annuls of Scottish football history.

St mirren needs a breath of fresh air swept through it. The players need it. Otherwise it's a lost cause.

Leave it much longer and players will start to look for a move elsewhere to get away from the place. Once that happens. There's no recovery.

Edited by dave.j

There has to be collective blame for our season so far. The board for cutting the budget, Tommy for signing inexperienced and poor quality players and the players not playing to the best of their ability

I thought it was shabby the way the board treated Danny Lennon at the end of last season but they might argue they engineered changing a manager without any pay out and are due some kudos for that and given that we made our first proper loss last season and will have smaller gates this year with Hearts, Hibs and Rangers all in the Championship that we needed to cut the budget this year. Given that DL had cut Barron, Mair, DVZ from getting contract extensions into this year and McGowan wasn't offered a new deal and was one of the highest earners at the club and Harkins was probably on a good wage too maybe Tommy Craig can explain why he started the league campaign by only signing 1 players with a few year's good experience in the SPL and blowing the rest of his budget on young, inexperienced and unproven players and then adding Osbourne later? When last season ended it was open-ended as to whether DL would have offered Teale and Goodwin new deals, Tommy kept both and promoted both.

Player cutbacks have been pretty severe this year , looking at this years accounts , we have reduced players from 40 to 34 and wages from 2.2 million to 2 million , so it is clear that the board have cut back quite dramatically , so whether they keep this halfwit of manager or not it is. Clear they must invest in January as the dross like marwood, ball , Caldwell etc is nowhere near good enough

It was a great thrill for me to come back for a brief visit to Sconnie Botland for a family wedding last month.

And to get to see my first game (I use the word game loosely) at the new park I thought was going to be a highlight, but the game against Partick showed that neither of the teams that took to the park that day were worhty of sunday social football, It was a sad sight and to hear the fans call out as they did for the removal of TC showed the distraught feeling from the fans for their club.

I can't really comment as I am not able to see week in week out what you do however the results I see make me feel the burden you all do.

A big part of me wishes I had just lived on the memory of the tour I had of the new stadium in the off season in 2012 when we were in a better state and that cup win was on the horizon ahhhhh memories.............Can we survive the drop ? I don't know..... certainly on what I saw we won't.

I just hope as no doubt you all do that something changes for the better and we get through this annus horribilis that has struck our beloved club.

KTF Buds this is nothing new to Saints fan we are often promised so much only to be let down but we always seem to rise maybe not quite to the phoenix status but surrvival is our middle name................C'mon Ye Saints

If you're the agent for Maclean, McGinn or any of our half-decent youngsters, you'd be advising them to have a bag packed and ready over the January window.

Equally, if you're Man City and you're looking to see how your young loanees are getting on, do you think seeing them play in our current shambles is going to encourage more of their kids to come to Paisley? Massively frustrating given how well the whole loan/development arrangement CAN work out for the likes of Paul Dummett who left St James's Park on Saturday with Charlie Austin still in his pocket.

insaintee

Posted 25 November 2014 - 21:04

Unbelievable................ Captain fantastic at CH doesn't even get a mention with another squad. Shurely some mishtake Missh Moneypenny!

I don't think it helps when he's constantly played out of his preferred position. We might have injuries, aye, but it's never going to help him if he's shifted about all the time.

It definitely won't help, no. IMO he's not much of a player and the premiership isn't his level. I guess that just sums up our current situation.

It definitely won't help, no. IMO he's not much of a player and the premiership isn't his level. I guess that just sums up our current situation.

Hmm, I'm not going to write him off just yet. Still young, and even though he's been poor in a lot of games, I've still seen him do things that's impressed me. Play him for a run of games as a striker or just off the striker, then we'll be able to judge properly if he has what it takes. If he doesn't take his chance, fair enough, I'll admit then that he isn't good enough.