Paul Mcgowan - Trouble With The Polis Again

shull

Reading that looks like he either appeared from custody on Monday or Tuesday or was released on an undertaking to appear this week. That would usually gauge the seriousness of it. If it was minor he would have been released and reported to the fiscal in a few weeks time and it would come to a pleading diet in a couple of months down the line.

My guess is that 3 strikes and he will be in the pokey for a spell of 3-4 months and will be playing with a tag on towards the end of the season if he is found guilty and gets out in around half the time.

I've been criticising the club for letting McGowan walk away, obviously they have made the right decision if the guy is going to keep getting involved in this type of thing.

It would have been nice to sign a replacement all the same.

To be fair, most of TC's signings have been criminal too.

So Dundee are saying Paul McGowan's not playing cos he's injured. Nothing to do with being charged, during the week, with assaulting 5 police officers !!!!!! His 3rd time being charged with assaulting the police. I'm sure he must still be doing his community service from the last time

Didn't he get a suspended jail sentence the last time?

If found guilty he will probably be sacked by Dundee for breech of contract.

So Dundee are saying Paul McGowan's not playing cos he's injured. Nothing to do with being charged, during the week, with assaulting 5 police officers !!!!!! His 3rd time being charged with assaulting the police. I'm sure he must still be doing his community service from the last time

Didn't look like they needed him anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree DJ.  More than decently gifted footballer but with anger managenent and  clear behavioural issues.  

Far better players than him Ricky that don't get any negative publicity.................. glad we got shot of him

6 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Sadly, I think he can't (or won't) take a telling.  He'll end up in the pokey before his career is over!

I know I am hammering on here about Paul, but he did have tremendous potential, but his indiscipline and basic contempt for society have cost him so much. I think his contract at Dundee should be ripped up. He is on about his 5th yellow card....................... yes he was great in our 13 cup win and for that he will always have a place in our history, but he sure is no Legend or symbol .....  or example

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

Sadly, I think he can't (or won't) take a telling.  He'll end up in the pokey before his career is over!

You’d think that being done four times would have resulted in the pokey by now. At the very least, Dundee should be getting shot of him. Everyone deserves a second go, well, not everyone, Charles Manson, Jimmy Saville, Radiohead for ‘Kid A’... but four chances? A fanny who won’t take a telling? Fcuk him. Clearly, an utter fcuktard whom I am very glad is no longer associated with St Mirren. 

Edited by pozbaird