Fans Council

No matter how positive TC sounded or how he asked to be judged on a full squad , the truth remains outwith Thommo most the squad were available at he start of the season during our poor run , so unless Thommo is going to be banging in goals for fun and then defends like the Arsenal back four of the 90's i just don't see the new found optimism.

Edited by linwood buddie

Judge him without the injuries? His record as a No1 at all clubs where he performed the No1 role has been shite. All clubs have injuries.

He's never a manager any more than I'm likely to trouble Rory McIlroy's position on the world ranking chart. I can however swing a golf club, hit some decent shots, and sink the odd putt.... I'm still shite though.

So is he. His record proves it.

All very positive.

But wee clueless will still be in charge. TC would have us in the relegation zone if we had Bale, Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez in the squad.

Your dead right - Tommy Craig has been the coach / manager who unlike the supporters has been unable to see the need for a decent centre half and hence no clean sheets. Thommo coming back will make not a jot , sorry I am not positive about the rhetoric spouted by TC and SG tonight but "Actions speak louder than words" . Given this is the worst start to a league campaign in our history I am at a loss by the lack of desire for change from the board

Hmm, I have read the online comments. I have stood on the terraces and I've sat in the stands. I've watched the teams at home(s) and away. I know when our squad has struggled. I know when the players have had to fight for their jobs and i know when they've excelled. I've watched good managers and I've watched bad, listened to the managers who motivate us and those who don't. I've been there when managers lift us up and I've been there when they rip us off. Tommy Craig, where do you think you fit? Good or bad? Right or Wrong? I would love to hear you tell us, without you having to send out a press release. Come on, tell us if you're with us or not. Are you our manager? Or are you just taking the cash, performing badly and don't give a toss. A "yes" would be good, but a "no" would at least be an answer. Waiting.......

It sounds like TC has talked quite well last night, and that some folks are willing to give him another go. I'm glad to hear it. The chairman and players have also supported him in the media (although when did you ever hear a player criticising a manager under these circumstances?).

BUT

There's a good way to lose football matches i.e. when your team is organised, shows passion, plays a bit of football and you can tell that they've all given everything they have. I think we can all accept that. I've not been seeing that of late, and Hamilton on Saturday was an absolute shocker of a performance. Talk is cheap, and I'll wait and see what improvements there are on the park in the coming weeks.

Btw if we do have link ups with Newcastle and a London club due to Tommy's networking, why are the only loanees we have from Man City? I just worry that a lot of wee things that are said don't stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

• Tommy says we are not a one man team but Thommo is the "missing piece of the jigsaw", his return will be the "making of us"
  • Newcastle link still alive and likely to be additional loan deals thanks to TC's connection to Peter Beardsley
  • Goodwin stood up and apologised to supporters & his family for his behaviour; promises to cut all the snide challenges
  • Gilmour says he's chucked out various bids for the club that have not been in our interests; currently in talks with one "interesting" party
  • Thommo, McGinn, Osbourne all in contention for Saturday. Wylde and Plummer still injured
  • TC handled himself relatively well, although it's hard to tell whether he's just learned his lesson from last night's AGM
  • Club have another connection with "a big club in London"
  • Likely to sign "much more experienced" players in January (ST and CB) although that totally contradicted Gilmour saying there's nothing to spend in January

Worse than having a BoD with all eyes on the door marked exit? Flush.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

I find the 'judge me on a full squad' line dubious.

Many managers, in loads of sports, suffer injuries to key players and members of the squad. The thing with being a good manager is identifying how you deal with it, how to 'manage' the players through this period. The amount of injuries we've suffered is highly troubling too.

To simply rely on Thommo so much is madness. Great player but at 36, we must have been thinking, need a good backup here just in case.

No matter how positive TC sounded or how he asked to be judged on a full squad , the truth remains outwith Thommo most the squad were available at he start of the season during our poor run , so unless Thommo is going to be banging in goals for fun and then defends like the Arsenal back four of the 90's i just don't see the new found optimism.

That's the link with the big London club! Average age now 52 years old.

He's bringing them up to add some age and experience to the team. Although it will be a hard managerial decision to decide which one to leave out for Cheesy! whistling.gif

That's the link with the big London club! Average age now 52 years old.

He's bringing them up to add some age and experience to the team. Although it will be a hard managerial decision to decide which one to leave out for Cheesy! whistling.gif

Big Terry can play along side Cheesy nae bother.