1 Million Vinyl Sales In 12 Month

Isle Of Bute Saint

1 million vinyl sales in 12 month is fantastic news you have to go back to 1996 for such sales figures. Just few years ago it was not easy to get certain new realises on vinyl with only CD and download being the only option. Today when going to buy a band on vinyl it's easy as all new music is avilable on this format.

Invested in a record cleaning machine and purchase anti static inner covers which results in no snap crackle pop absolutely no noise between tracks. All depends how much your into music I suppose but well worth the investment for me.

You can buy a decent deck for as little as £150 from a company called 'project'

It's great to listen to an album while having the lyric sleeve in your hands where you can actually see the words.

Digital Streaming is good but a pain in the arse. Any change in the power supply which happens a lot on Bute results in all the configuration between iPad - Nas and DS player all losing their connection to each other. Then it takes up to an hour for everything to relearn to conner together. Because of this i stopped down loading over a year ago. Digital is moved forward though the quality of playback is not too far off vinyl with a modern DAC.

The other good thing when buying vinyl is you get a free download so you have the album for your MP3

Got loads of 7" vinyl from the 70's & 80's in the house. good to see the amount of sales on the increase

Now for convenience I just download MP3's, nothing beats the sound of vinyl though

Yeah!

How I miss those rumbles cracks, hisses, pops and other general static.

Oh! forgot about the jumps, especially the ones that went backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards... backwards...

I have never really stopped buying vinyl , there was probably a period in the late 8ts when I wasn't listening to much of it but in truth , many of us discovered from even early cd days that , the format was somewhat lacking . However , many people did ditch the whole lot , turntable , records out the windae. .

Of course now vinyl is back on the high street (in the outlets that are left) with Fopp doing a decent selection and even big Brendan out in the West End is now almost exclusively vinyl. The difference now with vinyl is that it is generally more expensive than what we were used to with many new issues going straight on to the audiophile formats of heavier vinyl , up to 220gm . Then of course there is the whole ritual of taking a record out of the sleeve, making sure it is clean , make sure the stylus is clean and then spin your disc and cue the tracks. .

Vinyl snobbery is at it's highest since 1996 more like ! I too remember what a pain in the tits a scratched record was, I also remember how many mates, colleagues etc gleefully ditched vinyl for CD's in the 80's only to join the bandwagon years later in slagging off the format, simultaneously snapping up reissues of classic Stevie Wonder LP's pretending they were originals. Aye, I've no doubt my aging classic rock collection might make it out the attic yet, but I'll let the velvet glove/jaiket brigade have their day in the sun first...

Vinyl snobbery , lol. .

Dunno if l have ever met one of them . I've probably met little silver disc snobs that had invested a serious amount of money their silver disc spinner and a pile of software tae go wi' it . .tongue.png

At some point , most of us heard something to the effect that , cd's were indestructible ( I think something like that was promoted in a TW show in the 8ts) , only to find that they too could jump, skip , get stuck or just not play anymore . The truth being , cd's will actually take less punishment than a record . There was a guy that l worked with years ago that reckoned he could recover most cd's with car polish and/or T-cut . .shuriken.gif

I'm not get the marigolds on to go down that street. .lol.gif