Inverness Caledonian Thistle V St Mirren Tues 2Nd Dec 2014

skodasaint

There is a good few saints supporters up here.

I can see a repeat of the Boxing Day fixture a few years back, was a great day - make sure the Paisley buses pack the inflatable bananas!!

ICT 1-2 Saints. Goodwin and McLean

Scorers (2 assists from thommo)

Optimism!

I like that. :)

A result that will keep TC in his post - you see that as optimism, bluto ?

I can't speak for Bluto but, IFO will be happy to keep TC there IF our fortunes change.

I am, however, not expecting any change of said fortune so it will be, IMO, a moot point.

I would love to be wrong mind.

A result that will keep TC in his post - you see that as optimism, bluto ?

I said earlier that I thought we'd lose both games this week. I now based on players available tonight think we will win tonight ( God knows where I get that belief from , but it's one of those games I think we will get a win against the odds )

Tommy has to go regardless though as he is not the man to take us forward.

Should we lose both this week however , it appears that will have no impact on his position as he has been given the go ahead to 'carry on regardless' !

Probably County, Inverness or Aberdeen for an evening kick off would have no rail transport available post match and most likely no buses either.

I can't say I've heard of us not bothering to run a bus.

We had to organise ourselves for a replay in Aberdeen back when we were in the First Division....we took about 2000 fans up! Pretty sad to see our support falling away like this, I can see part time football in a few years.

I can't say I've heard of us not bothering to run a bus.

We had to organise ourselves for a replay in Aberdeen back when we were in the First Division....we took about 2000 fans up! Pretty sad to see our support falling away like this, I can see part time football in a few years.

Talk about an over reaction. Because we aren't taking big numbers to Inverness in a midweek in December with 3 days notice we're going to to go part time!

:lol:

No matter the result it is just absurd being asked to play this match so soon after the first match. Quite apart from the players recovery time and the distance involved there is absolutely no thought for the fans who without them there is no professional football. In the old days when a distance of 100 miles was involved the replay would be the following Saturday.The SFA is a joke of an organisation and what's changed about the A9 and the fact of course people are using their hard earned cash for Xmas.More importantly the next round is not until 14Feb 2015.

Wish I shared some of the optimism on here.

I think we will lose.

ICT are unbeaten at home this season... Would be quite something if we went up and broke that record given our current form.

I just hope that if we do lose, we don't see the over reaction and self flagellation that's followed our other defeats recently. We need to remember we are away from home to the team who are joint top of the Scottish game. This will be a harder game than Tannadice or Pittodrie.

No matter the result it is just absurd being asked to play this match so soon after the first match. Quite apart from the players recovery time and the distance involved there is absolutely no thought for the fans who without them there is no professional football. In the old days when a distance of 100 miles was involved the replay would be the following Saturday.The SFA is a joke of an organisation and what's changed about the A9 and the fact of course people are using their hard earned cash for Xmas.More importantly the next round is not until 14Feb 2015.

As far as I remember about the old days any replays were the midweek after the original tie.The only time a Sat would be used was if the home Club didn't have floodlights,not because of distance.

Wish I shared some of the optimism on here.

I think we will lose.

ICT are unbeaten at home this season... Would be quite something if we went up and broke that record given our current form.

I just hope that if we do lose, we don't see the over reaction and self flagellation that's followed our other defeats recently. We need to remember we are away from home to the team who are joint top of the Scottish game. This will be a harder game than Tannadice or Pittodrie.

Personally, I think Dundee United are a better team. See no reason why we cannot win on the night as it is a cup game and pressure all on ICT as the home and form team. Who would have given us any odds of getting a result at Pittodrie after going 2 down or Accies beating Celtic at Darkhead? If games were all decided on current form then there would be no point in turning up. It will be tough and on form ICT should rightfully be considered favourites. Alas, the game is not played on paper or current form. It will be close with 1 goal winning it.

Admittedly some of our better results have come about when least expected, and a tie against Inverness should never be considered as too difficult for us, regardless of where they are in the league but this is the worst Saints team in memory and without any fight.

Defeat tonight should certainly see the end for the worst manager in memory as well. It would mean the end of the season but for the relegation scrap. Crowds will plummet to embarrassing levels until this board get their act together.

Personally, I think Dundee United are a better team. See no reason why we cannot win on the night as it is a cup game and pressure all on ICT as the home and form team. Who would have given us any odds of getting a result at Pittodrie after going 2 down or Accies beating Celtic at Darkhead? If games were all decided on current form then there would be no point in turning up. It will be tough and on form ICT should rightfully be considered favourites. Alas, the game is not played on paper or current form. It will be close with 1 goal winning it.

I'm certainly not saying we can't win, of course we can. We could win this one and then win at Parkhead in 10 days. Unlikely, but possible.

Us winning tonight would be an upset, and upsets do happen. However, in all likelihood we will lose this evening.

Regarding Dundee Utd being the better team out the two, I wouldn't say so. I think United are better going forward but I don't think they have the solidity at the back or in goal that ICT do. We will see at the end of the season I guess.

I'll go for 2-0 ICT this evening.

Edited by TopCat