Gary Teale

Mykey

There will be lots of threads and pages upon pages of TC must go and so on, most of which are justified and most of which I agree with and I am loath to criticise club legends (cpoyright shull). Gary Teale was a great signing for us and he was a most important player in our glorious leage cup win but I'm forced to ask what is going on with him now.

Gary hardly participated last season(through injury) and at his age he would probably have been let go or offered a "pay as you play" deal this season, but instead he was made a coach but was supposed to be a player as well, yet even though we have been shite and have recently struggled through injuries, Gary has hardly played, often named on the bench but never coming on. what kind of salary is he on? what kind of coach is he? is he actualy finished as a player?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to make gary a scapegoat for our troubles but I question his deal as much as I question Thommo being ignored as a player/coach and Tc being given a 2 year deal despite having no history as a successful manager, after all I suspect if danny Lennon had been kept on I suspect the best he would have been offered was a 1 year deal with lots of get-out clauses yet the current incumbents get carte blanche for 2 years despite the fact that Tommy's record as manager is deplorable, Goodwins disciplinery record is appalling and teales playing time is miniscule. Is all this just hindsight?

If danny Lennon had been given the gig there would have been a good few folk on here complaining, and I can understand why, but surely it would have been a better descision than any of the three coaches appointed.

i thought there was something wrong when Teale and goodwin were appointed and Thommo was not, and now i worry that we can't afford to pay off TC and that TC, Goodwin, Teale, and Thommo can't get on so severence packages are going to be unnessessarily high (if we can afford severance packages at all).

Sorry, I've had too much red wine - I meant to make a short point about Teale's involvement this season but I see I've gone on a rant, thats what being a saints fan can do to you, time for bed.

There will be lots of threads and pages upon pages of TC must go and so on, most of which are justified and most of which I agree with and I am loath to criticise club legends (cpoyright shull). Gary Teale was a great signing for us and he was a most important player in our glorious leage cup win but I'm forced to ask what is going on with him now.

Gary hardly participated last season(through injury) and at his age he would probably have been let go or offered a "pay as you play" deal this season, but instead he was made a coach but was supposed to be a player as well, yet even though we have been shite and have recently struggled through injuries, Gary has hardly played, often named on the bench but never coming on. what kind of salary is he on? what kind of coach is he? is he actualy finished as a player?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to make gary a scapegoat for our troubles but I question his deal as much as I question Thommo being ignored as a player/coach and Tc being given a 2 year deal despite having no history as a successful manager, after all I suspect if danny Lennon had been kept on I suspect the best he would have been offered was a 1 year deal with lots of get-out clauses yet the current incumbents get carte blanche for 2 years despite the fact that Tommy's record as manager is deplorable, Goodwins disciplinery record is appalling and teales playing time is miniscule. Is all this just hindsight?

If danny Lennon had been given the gig there would have been a good few folk on here complaining, and I can understand why, but surely it would have been a better descision than any of the three coaches appointed.

i thought there was something wrong when Teale and goodwin were appointed and Thommo was not, and now i worry that we can't afford to pay off TC and that TC, Goodwin, Teale, and Thommo can't get on so severence packages are going to be unnessessarily high (if we can afford severance packages at all).

Sorry, I've had too much red wine - I meant to make a short point about Teale's involvement this season but I see I've gone on a rant, thats what being a saints fan can do to you, time for bed.

Fixed it for you. Have a look in the morning and see what too much wine on a schoolnight does to you!!!

Fixed it for you. Have a look in the morning and see what too much wine on a schoolnight does to you!!!

Ta.

I didnae read the first scribble...... rolleyes.gif

eta:

It isnae as bad on my PC as it is on an Ipad.

Horrendous, there.....

Glad i don't use a wee mobile phone thingy.....

Edited by bluto

Thommo wasn't 'ignored', he was wanting captain us and play every week while doing his media duties. A coaching role was probably too time consuming.

Thompson was ignored. He only found out via the newspaper that Goodwin was appointed. He has done the same coaching badges as Goodwin etc and was annoyed that he was not considered.

One of you two is a lying attention seeking bastard. Do us a favour and sort it out between yourselves and let us know who is right.

Tommy clearly stated at the AGM that he didn't expect Gary to feature much this season and that others"were in front of him".

And to show how on the ball he is when questioned about who was in front of him and taking his place, he said Lewis Morgan!!!

That explains why Lewis is getting a game every week then?!!

And to show how on the ball he is when questioned about who was in front of him and taking his place, he said Lewis Morgan!!!

That explains why Lewis is getting a game every week then?!!

I thought Lewis was left footed, but hey ho Tommy knows b...be...nope, can't bring myself to type it.

I feel what he has said lately and his comments in this ilk at the AGM only makes it more obvious this guy is clueless and has put us back years ! We are now in downfall while Nero fiddles.... the staff keep saying we played well early on .....but couldn't score ...now we are not playing ! well sorry but the team have all looked the same........totally inept!!....he is in denial and thinks he can wave a wand worst Saints Manager in history end of !