Smfc V Sjfc. 6.12.14

shull

I'm not going.

I don't think I shall bother either my Linwood forum friend. Even though my place at the game has been pre-paid via the season ticket system I shall not take up my right to sit my rear end in my plastic seat for the duration of the game.

This is not a protest nor a demand of any sort. I am just totally scunnered with it all and the thought of sitting through another borefest in such cold conditions does not interest me. I may even take some time to meet up with a family member or I shall visit an old friend or I shall visit a public house and purchased an alcoholic refreshment or I shall watch Saturday afternoon television. Anything than watch my beloved team at this time.

I thought we'd lose last week, and we got a draw. St J are very beatable and they're a far worse team than ICT.

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet. Will go for a 2-2.

TC's certainly drinking in the last chance saloon, a loss tomorrow and the last orders bell will be getting rung. Failure to get us out the bottom 2 by Christmas and he'll be getting asked to leave.

Topcat. For someone who wanted Danny sacked almost every week you are showing surprising patience with our incompetent present manager. He should be told to leave now.

You've asked me this before, and I've answered it. Since you've asked me again, I will say the same thing again.

When Danny was here I was very patient with him in his first season, this is no different.

I believe every new manager should be given half a season as a bare minimum. I never once asked for Danny to be sacked during his first half season - despite us being bottom for much of it. Same applies with TC, same would apply no matter who the manager was.

I don't want us to become a club who goes through 3 managers a season. Hence every manager should get at least half a season.

You've asked me this before, and I've answered it. Since you've asked me again, I will say the same thing again.

When Danny was here I was very patient with him in his first season, this is no different.

I believe every new manager should be given half a season as a bare minimum. I never once asked for Danny to be sacked during his first half season - despite us being bottom for much of it. Same applies with TC, same would apply no matter who the manager was.

I don't want us to become a club who goes through 3 managers a season. Hence every manager should get at least half a season.

Topcat I think the MAJOR difference this time round is that our current manager was very much part of the previous management regime and by Danny lennons own admission Tc was involved in every one of his decisions , Danny Lennon also had a pretty good track record at Cowdenbeath whereas TC's record as a manger is laughable so I think there is no reason to give TC any more time , the board have made a mistake now they have to deal with it and get rid

Edited by gazmc83

Topcat I think the MAJOR difference this time round is that our current manager was very much part of the previous management regime and by Danny lennons own admission Tc was involved in every one of his decisions , Danny Lennon also had a pretty good track record at Cowdenbeath whereas TC's record as a manger is laughable so I think there is no reason to give TC any more time , the board have made a mistake now they have to deal with it and get rid

Well unless you're TC or DL, you don't know how major his influence was. Being involved in a decision isn't making a decision. I take it you judged Gus early on by his record as assistant to Coughlin? I didn't.

Like I said at the start of the season, I was willing to give TC a clean slate. If Gary Teale gets the job in January I'll give him a clean slate too.

I simply think that a St Mirren manager should be judged on what he does as St Mirren manager, nothing else. Clearly most don't share that view.

Players need to take some responsibility and show a bit of heart / dig. Think that is what has disappointed me the most this season - we go a goal down and basically chuck it sad.png

Have to agree. The players have to shoulder some of the blame.

If everybody chucked it because they had an incompetent boss, then the world would be a considerably worse place. In an ideal world every manager would inspire their work force, but the world is far from being a perfect place.

If the players have any personal pride at all, they should be fighting tooth and nail for every point. I've not seen that attitude in the games that I've attended lately. If I did then maybe I'd see the odd victory or draw now and then, or at least defeats might be more palatable.

Edited by FTOF