Smfc V Sjfc. 6.12.14

shull

As TC himself has said in the past, football is a results-driven activity and on that basis alone he should no longer be in post. However, we have had horrendous injuries which are now starting to ease up and it would just be like the St Mirren we love if they got a result at Parkhead next week - stranger things have happened but don't ask me to provide examples.

What is disturbing, especially for the BOD, is the excruciating apathy which is now engulfing the club with sub 3,000 attendances now par for the course. Things have never been worse than this in my lifetime of supporting St Mirren so it is clear that something needs to happen by the end of the year, otherwise our club could disappear off the face of the SPL - and beyond!

My mates a st Johnston fan and just messaged me in Facebook saying that this is the worst Johnny's team he's had to endure.... Just shows how bad we are

Also, they should have scored another 2 (one came off the inside of the post)

yes but did they score another 2 no so your point is. We created a few chances more than I have seen for a while but does that matter ? No we lost simple as. Reckon the goalie is being shipped out in January as he is one of our big earners to be replaced with a striker. Will it make a difference ? Who knows but get a centre back in along with a full squad and we might have a fighting chance

yes but did they score another 2 no so your point is. We created a few chances more than I have seen for a while but does that matter ? No we lost simple as. Reckon the goalie is being shipped out in January as he is one of our big earners to be replaced with a striker. Will it make a difference ? Who knows but get a centre back in along with a full squad and we might have a fighting chance

We don't have a fighting chance while TC is in charge I'm afraid.

The club is a laughing stock at the minute.

As TC himself has said in the past, football is a results-driven activity and on that basis alone he should no longer be in post. However, we have had horrendous injuries which are now starting to ease up and it would just be like the St Mirren we love if they got a result at Parkhead next week - stranger things have happened but don't ask me to provide examples.

What is disturbing, especially for the BOD, is the excruciating apathy which is now engulfing the club with sub 3,000 attendances now par for the course. Things have never been worse than this in my lifetime of supporting St Mirren so it is clear that something needs to happen by the end of the year, otherwise our club could disappear off the face of the SPL - and beyond!

it's bad agreed but worse than David Hay ? JC ? JC is the worst in my life time. TC will never make a good manager that's obvious

More chance of TC winning Manager of the month, we just don't sign centre backs, wonder why...

my point is we are awful and were lucky it was only 1 we lost to a really poor fakes team. That's my point :) Edited by spankin_panda

We need to get shot of TC to have a fighting chance. If TC was to buy a centre half of the caliber of Ball, Marwood, Caldwell, Drury or Plummer then we're goosed. We cannot let him bring anymore duds to our club.

Agreed, one of our better defensive displays overall (despite a few shaky moments)

Rodgers seems decent

Baird is outstanding every time I see him in the Development squad. Would like to see Yacub get a try out, he looks pretty good too.

No strikers ready to step up thoughsad.png

Not wanting to rub salt in a wound but we were beat at Home by the worst St Johnston team I've seen in Years.

1st half we were devoid of tactics, a plan and looked totally lost.

2nd half Kenny dragged us through the game.

Tommy, you are less than useless.

Please go!

I was impressed by the positivity coming from Mclean today. He really put in a shift. It looked like he really wanted it today.

This is my biggest gripe though. Dundee, Inverness, Thistle Saints today and even United all came to Paisley played badly and left with 3 points with us never looking like winning the game. Ross County were terrible and they got a point. Thr standard of the average team in the spfl this season is really poor. Christ how bad must we really be?. Enough is enough. Tommy has to go.

We need to get shot of TC to have a fighting chance. If TC was to buy a centre half of the caliber of Ball, Marwood, Caldwell, Drury or Plummer then we're goosed. We cannot let him bring anymore duds to our club.

We don't know if they're duds. Maybe a better manager could bring better and more confident performances from them.

Actually thought it was a decent game.

Osborn was MOM for me.

Good performances from ridgers, Naismith, Baird, McGinn, Mclean and Mallen. Don't think anyone had a particularity bad game even ball was ok.

BUT ...

Ridgers hardly had anything to do

Naismith decent enough but like many of our players was slow to react at times, had a great chance to pick up a loose ball in the box and fire a shot in but was very slow to react.

McLean anonymous in the first half and in the second was overhitting passes but managed to throw a tantrum when someone gave him a bad pass. Still doesn't like to play simple passes and will soon be 'injured' in time for the January transfer window

When we played Ross County at home in May this year the attendance was 4414 don't know how many Ross fans that included , today the attendance was 2720 and when you take off the Fakes fans the attendance is only 2444 , just wonder why we are hearing the attendances are only down by 500 , well done Tommy.

First half terrible apart from a Drury effort. Clueless to start a clearly unfit Thompson as s lone striker.What the hell was Craig thinking about.Thompson should have been on the bench at best.Young kids Baird and Mallon have promise but some way from being first starts.i couldn't understand why he never used all subs.We showed improvement in the second half but we just ran out of ideas in the end. Time well and truly up Tommy.Yet another dismal trip back to West Lothian.

Baird is outstanding every time I see him in the Development squad. Would like to see Yacub get a try out, he looks pretty good too.

No strikers ready to step up thoughsad.png

Yes, this is very striking, so to speak. All the youngsters coming into the team are either midfielders or defenders. Where are the young strikers?

Be interesting to see the attendance today - a year ago we played ICT at home on the first Saturday in December (7th) and the attendance was 3,305. Neither ICT or the Fakes take big away supports and we might be approaching the time where the rock and the hard place coincide.

Having said that I'd rather see a miracle comeback............................

Probably a drop of around 700 in the home support from this. Probably around the same sort of drop from the Partick game a few weeks ago.

Football tends to get hung up on debt but when gates fall and cash flow becomes an issue, that's when it can really become critical.

Would be interesting to know if the missing 700 are season ticket holders or weekly cash payers.

Well at least one of the missing hordes was a season ticket holder Thorizaar. Far too easy a decision to choose to work today. Sounds like it was a wise decision on my part too. I have never, ever felt this way about my beloved club before. Even through the Hay and Coughlin eras.