Dear Stewart

Dear Stewart,

On a serious note, I have no idea how much it would cost to get rid of Tommy Craig and I can only speak for myself but as a season ticket holder I have already paid my money and I'm still going to games. However I am contemplating whether the season ticket is now worth the money or if I would be better picking and choosing games next season and going and doing something more enjoyable on a Saturday afternoon instead of watching championship games.

You have a decision to make and this season you might make a loss by getting rid of the current manager but what how much more of a loss could the club make next season if he continues ? How might this affect your pension fund, by which I mean your proportion of shares that are currently for sale ? How can Tommy Craig turn things around if he remains in charge ?

You and the other directors have to make the decisions before people like myself can make our decisions on whether to continue going to games or enjoying doing other things on a Saturday afternoon. All I ask is that you do what is right for the good of the club.

Dear Stewart,

On a serious note, I have no idea how much it would cost to get rid of Tommy Craig and I can only speak for myself but as a season ticket holder I have already paid my money and I'm still going to games.

Being a STH hasn't prevented me from staying away from recent home games. Craig is the worst St Mirren coach in my lifetime. If he isn't bagged before Monday I will have lost what little remaining faith I had in this BoD. I thought seriously about quitting my season ticket the last two seasons but both times I went ahead and renewed it anyway. I won't make that mistake a third time.

What else did it say mate ?

After the game Chick said that SGG was going on holiday later in the week and Chick thought the board might meet before SGG went on holiday and debate Tommy Craig's position. Didn't sound like there was anything concrete from the board that TC's position was in serious jeopardy. I don't see how the BoD at the AGM could be so full on in their backing for TC, knowing it will take another month for Thommo, Osbourne, Goodwin, Plummer, McGinn, Wylde to get into the team and match fit and then decide a few games later that enough is enough. The fans' position hasn't really changed from the AGM until now and neither have results.

When I am appointed on Tuesday we will cancel training this week - we've scored 1 goal since 2 weeks of shooting and crossing practice and the team will spend the week at Paisley Central Library reading old match reports by George Carruth and Stan Park and watching replays of decent St Mirren victories against the Old Firm on Scotsport and Dougie Donnelly-era Sportscene, plus the semi-final thumping of Celtic and Mowbray's final match.

Chick said he expected the board to discuss the manager's future in the next 48 hours, probably Monday. Maybe they'll extend his contract...

3 year extension, might as well take us as low as he can.

There's only one option and that is to kick the old fart out on his arse.

BOD will do what's best for St.Mirren..... hopefully.

Almost 1% of St Mirren fans who turned out to support the team today have backed my clueless bid to replace Tommy Craig as team manager. Is it possible that I now enjoy more support to be manager than Tommy Craig does?

If the BoD appointed a forumster as manager would they offer you a one year trolling contract?

Almost 1% of St Mirren fans who turned out to support the team today have backed my clueless bid to replace Tommy Craig as team manager. Is it possible that I now enjoy more support to be manager than tommy craig does

You ? You`ve not got a clue ! Get a f**kin grip ! What the f**k are you thinking ? Just go & gie`s peace !!!

Sorry Bud , i was just practicing for when you get the job ! whistling.gif

Fuxake, you know a manager's hit rock bottom when even a stoic like Thor likes the above post - could be one of the most liked of all time! jerry.gif

For years I've been reading posts about MacPherson and Lennon being "clueless". I never really agreed with that and thought they both did good jobs for the club overall and up to a point. It's never been about being stoic, just about being realistic. The realism now is that this is the worst, most lifeless football that I've watched in all my years going. I've never been so bored at football in 35 years of going.

Dear Stewart,

You must by now realise that both you and the BOD have made a rip roaring c@nt of it. This is the time to act put TC, the fans, the players and yourself out of their misery and do the right thing. NOT THE CHEAP THING.

For years I've been reading posts about MacPherson and Lennon being "clueless". I never really agreed with that and thought they both did good jobs for the club overall and up to a point. It's never been about being stoic, just about being realistic. The realism now is that this is the worst, most lifeless football that I've watched in all my years going. I've never been so bored at football in 35 years of going.

That! is so sad, yet, totally believable.

My 1st game was 1977 - Thick & thin!! - This has to be one of the the thinnest!

No chance of Parkhead (Never gonna happen anyway, although was at the """1st one was scored by Guni""" game - CLASSIC!!!!)

Sell me the Motherwell game for a £50 day oot - a few days before Christmas???

Please try???

Edited by thepaisleypanda

First post, although I've been a regular follower of the forum for years. You can tell by the hour of this post that I've been out on the town(St Andrews, since I moved from Paisley 24 years ago), so apologies if I'm bletherin' nonsense. My dad(like his dad) took me to Love Street regularly since 1979 and I have inflicted St Mirren on my own son(partly his choice) over the past 3 or 4 years, instead of taking him to Tannadice with his two Arab nephews. That's another topic of conversation, supporting local teams etc,,,,

We are at yet another turning point in the St Mirren saga/history and the Board have a difficult scenario to address. The decision of whether Tommy Craig is the right man to lead our club is not a difficult one....he clearly isn't and the BOD are wise enough to realise this. As has been stated on countless occasions on this forum, no one apart from the BOD will know why Tommy was gifted a 2 year contract(the cheap option doesn't explain the 2 year aspect???)

Gilmour and the rest of the Board are supporters, like us, and want the best for St Mirren, the difference being that although the pain cuts very deep and it is worrying and depressing to us, I haven't had sleepless nights over our predicament. I think the BOD have, and realise their monumental cockup with Craig's appointment. I am not an expert on our finances, but know that sacking Tommy is going to hurt our club (and possibly the BOD personally) financially, when they rightly sack him in the next few days. They made a mistake and we are where we are.

When Danny(Saints legend) left us, I thought it was the right decision as a new direction was required, but Tommy Craig was the most uninspiring appointment possible and that is without hindsight. The BOD will have to live with this cheap and narrow-minded decision, even after they hand over the reigns to whoever. This is yet another low point as a Saints fan, but we've been here many times.

My inebriated point this morning is that we all make mistakes and the BOD have made a massive one this season. We need to trust them to attempt to fix their mistake and bring in another manager that can build belief amongst the current squad and bring in 3 or 4 players in January, in key positions through the spine of the team. Surely they realise that the longer Tommy is in charge, the further we will sink, so they need to act after yesterday!!

Our family brick at St Mirren Park reads ," Bad times make good times great,", but I forgot how shi*e the bad times were.

Good luck Mr Gilmour, you have some serious work to do before you go on your holidays!!!

(This post was sponsored by Laphroaig, although other brands of whisky are available)

I have no managerial experience, no coaching badges to my name, very little tactical awareness, but even I fancy that I could do a better job than Tommy Craig as St Mirren manager. I'll happily give it a bash for £50k a year, as I think I could get more out of a squad with 5 current and former Scotland U21 players and 2 ex-Scotland internationalists, 75% of home games where we don't score, 0% clean sheets, 50% of league games where we have 2 shots or less on target, 73% of league games lost games.

Yours

Dibble

Don't you know we don't read applications now ;) However if you're already at the club, even making the tea, you're in with a shout

First post, although I've been a regular follower of the forum for years. You can tell by the hour of this post that I've been out on the town(St Andrews, since I moved from Paisley 24 years ago), so apologies if I'm bletherin' nonsense. My dad(like his dad) took me to Love Street regularly since 1979 and I have inflicted St Mirren on my own son(partly his choice) over the past 3 or 4 years, instead of taking him to Tannadice with his two Arab nephews. That's another topic of conversation, supporting local teams etc,,,,

We are at yet another turning point in the St Mirren saga/history and the Board have a difficult scenario to address. The decision of whether Tommy Craig is the right man to lead our club is not a difficult one....he clearly isn't and the BOD are wise enough to realise this. As has been stated on countless occasions on this forum, no one apart from the BOD will know why Tommy was gifted a 2 year contract(the cheap option doesn't explain the 2 year aspect???)

Gilmour and the rest of the Board are supporters, like us, and want the best for St Mirren, the difference being that although the pain cuts very deep and it is worrying and depressing to us, I haven't had sleepless nights over our predicament. I think the BOD have, and realise their monumental cockup with Craig's appointment. I am not an expert on our finances, but know that sacking Tommy is going to hurt our club (and possibly the BOD personally) financially, when they rightly sack him in the next few days. They made a mistake and we are where we are.

When Danny(Saints legend) left us, I thought it was the right decision as a new direction was required, but Tommy Craig was the most uninspiring appointment possible and that is without hindsight. The BOD will have to live with this cheap and narrow-minded decision, even after they hand over the reigns to whoever. This is yet another low point as a Saints fan, but we've been here many times.

My inebriated point this morning is that we all make mistakes and the BOD have made a massive one this season. We need to trust them to attempt to fix their mistake and bring in another manager that can build belief amongst the current squad and bring in 3 or 4 players in January, in key positions through the spine of the team. Surely they realise that the longer Tommy is in charge, the further we will sink, so they need to act after yesterday!!

Our family brick at St Mirren Park reads ," Bad times make good times great,", but I forgot how shi*e the bad times were.

Good luck Mr Gilmour, you have some serious work to do before you go on your holidays!!!

(This post was sponsored by Laphroaig, although other brands of whisky are available)

Probably the most sensible post I've read on here in years. You make more sense pissed than 99% of the posters on this forum do sober!!

Fair do's, I thought they were unreasonable accusations

• especially against MacPherson whose teams never let anyone walk away from Paisley with an easy 3 points. The turning point with me was in GM's final season when he refused to pick any of our youth players for the bench. That might even have been enough reason for an outright dismissal.
  • As for DL the high point of his tenure for me was the first "quarter" of 2011/12 especially the last minute equalizer at Ibrox, the LC win (great day though it was holiday.gif ) was a bit out of the blue in what to me was a gradual downslide. I might have seemed like a cheerleader for the "Danny out" brigade last year but all I was trying to say was that it was the final season of his contract and speculate what he would need to achieve in order to get a new one. Up until the 1-0 defeat to the Fakes in March I was still undecided even so I was willing to give him another chance after the late turnaround that saw us finishing 8th.
  • As for TC I was happy that it was done quickly (and that a 2 year deal was the right way to go 1eye.gif) although even then I had reservations (expressed at the timespudnikconfounded.gif ) over appointing JG & GT as player/coaches. TC certainly talked the talk on the day of his appointments but despite being familiar with our shortcomings (presumably) last season he didn't really sort them starting the season with 2 CH's & no experienced cover for JG at defensive midfield and then compounding this by choosing an injury prone Ozzy Osbourne too late when we were already behind the pack. TC might just be the exception to the rule of exaggeration you mention.

Anyway I would now like to throw my (not insubstantial) weight behind DOP's campaign to become our next manager!notworthy.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker