Around 2400 St Mirren Fans At Greenhill Road Today

shull

Means the Manager has to go now.

It's getting like the Willie Cunningham era now.

Maybe there is a new Fergie round the corner waiting to step into the St Mirren hotseat.

That was atrocious today.

thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

Edited by shull

Maybe there is a new Fergie round the corner waiting to step into the St Mirren hotseat.

If an Uber Optimist like Shull is posting the above, then I think it is time for Mr. Craig to stand down.

I class myself as the Eternal Optimist much in the same vain as Shull but sadly I must agree with Shull.

A new Manager is needed Now.

Let's hope a new man can come in and save our season.

COYS

I am not sure if the club include season tickets that don't attend but 5 season ticket holders that sit directly next to me chose not to come today for various reasons. I would imagine the crowd was actually a couple of hundred short of the 2600 mark. I wish I hadn't gone today. :-(

I think the board might announce on Monday that TC has been put on gardening leave as something has to change.

Of not I'll be spending the rest of the season watching Pollok. Probs costs the same once I've paid trains or desiel fares and a lot more enjoyable. Davie Winters is miles ahead of Callum Ball, Marwood or that other guy that Tommy says we should see play with Thommo even though he won't play them with him. Gtf tommy.

I agree enough is enough, I've been a fan for close on 40 years and it's the worst I've ever seen recently, the BOD have a lot to answer for, I wish they'd hurry up and f**k off!

The BOD do indeed have a lot to answer for but in fairness to them they are wanting to F**K off.

I must be in a small minority but actually saw a lot of positives in the way we played today but unfortunately we cannot buy a break at the minute despite some good play.. Some of the criticism I heard today at the game towards the players was verging on embarrassing, an example being when Kenny Maclean tried to control a ball that was falling forty yards from the sky in a swirling wind in he put it out of play with his calf, somebody shouted to not be so fancy!! Do you really think that he was trying to be clever?

There is so many people on here at the minute, and at games, that are just waiting to pounce on any errors that anybody with a St. Mirren crest makes on or off field it is becoming totally counter productive.

I have followed the club for a number of years and for all the negative posters I will raise you a Jamie Fullerton, Brian Smith, Gavin Galloway, John Boyd, Steve Watson etc against our current squad.

To finish I am not totally convinced with TC either way, but I would presume that the young team we have would appreciate a bit of support at our next home game so if not going please do not rush on here to tell us your plans for the day as it means he-haw!

:thumbsdown:thumbsdown:thumbsdown:thumbsdown:thumbsdown

The penny has finally dropped.

The blind are actually starting to see, let's hope the BOD are included

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>St Mirren .... <a href="http://t.co/luU2Smjw6N">pic.twitter.com/luU2Smjw6N</a></p>— John McCarney (@Glasgowbud1965) <a href="https://twitter.com/Glasgowbud1965/status/541378102321238016">December 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Edited by thepaisleypanda

In the pursuit of more happiness on here, I offer the following from another place...

"Smugas says:

December 7, 2014 at 8:11 am

16 0 Rate This

Lovely moment yesterday that I thought I would share. Driving two 8yo home after them playing football in the morning we had tam and Stuart on in the car. They were discussing Barry hearn’s comments and Stuart posed the question “what can Scottish football really learn from sports like snooker and darts. A wee voice pipes up from the back seat,

“Accuracy?”

:)

Out of the mouths of babes.....

We sat 29th in Scottish football in the Cunningham era, the equivalent of sitting in the bottom half of the current third tier. Gates were down to closer to 1,000.

So we're not quite there yet...

Difference between then and now though is that our youth system / scouts found us quality players. That Cunningham side contained Bobby Reid, Bobby McKean and Tony Fitzpatrick. Prior to that we had sold Gordon McQueen, Ally McLeod & Iain Munro and after Cunningham left the scouts brought us Billy Stark, Frank McGarvey & Lex Richardson. Maybe only John McGinn comes close to that.

We are crying out for a quality centre half and a goalscoring striker. After more than a decade, why hasn't our much vaunted youth system delivered these players?

The BOD do indeed have a lot to answer for but in fairness to them they are wanting to F**K off.

I must be in a small minority but actually saw a lot of positives in the way we played today but unfortunately we cannot buy a break at the minute despite some good play.. Some of the criticism I heard today at the game towards the players was verging on embarrassing, an example being when Kenny Maclean tried to control a ball that was falling forty yards from the sky in a swirling wind in he put it out of play with his calf, somebody shouted to not be so fancy!! Do you really think that he was trying to be clever?

There is so many people on here at the minute, and at games, that are just waiting to pounce on any errors that anybody with a St. Mirren crest makes on or off field it is becoming totally counter productive.

I have followed the club for a number of years and for all the negative posters I will raise you a Jamie Fullerton, Brian Smith, Gavin Galloway, John Boyd, Steve Watson etc against our current squad.

To finish I am not totally convinced with TC either way, but I would presume that the young team we have would appreciate a bit of support at our next home game so if not going please do not rush on here to tell us your plans for the day as it means he-haw!

I'm inclined to agree with that. We had a few good moves yesterday and a decent number of efforts on target, its the best I've seen us play for a couple of months.

However the general atmosphere you describe among the support is an entirely reasonable reaction to seeing the side fail to score at home against Caley, Utd, Jags, Accies, Dundee and now the Fakes. I can't find sympathy for TC, he's doing a poor job with the club we love.

We sat 29th in Scottish football in the Cunningham era, the equivalent of sitting in the bottom half of the current third tier. Gates were down to closer to 1,000.

So we're not quite there yet...

Difference between then and now though is that our youth system / scouts found us quality players. That Cunningham side contained Bobby Reid, Bobby McKean and Tony Fitzpatrick. Prior to that we had sold Gordon McQueen, Ally McLeod & Iain Munro and after Cunningham left the scouts brought us Billy Stark, Frank McGarvey & Lex Richardson. Maybe only John McGinn comes close to that.

We are crying out for a quality centre half and a goalscoring striker. After more than a decade, why hasn't our much vaunted youth system delivered these players?

There's no scouting system i see of

Picking up old firm rejects seems to be the way

You the one who slag the wee boys you say that run the younger teams

When i see plenty of our ex players involved with P&D teams

Ricky Gillies,Barry McLaughlin and Iain Nicholson spring to mind

Would be better if they were involved in our youth system