Tommy Craig Sacked !

div

St Mirren is a business.

They made the decision to appoint him. It was a gamble that did not pay off. Most supporters I spoke to thought the appointment was wrong. Sure we understood the logic of reducing overheads while retaining people who knew the club well especially with no league sponsor, no Hearts, no Hibs, and no mob from Govan.

BTW how do you know for sure that the BoD will be paying out of their own pockets?

Cuts may be made elsewhere in the club to recoup costs, or it might be the monthly wage payments continue for TC until his contract expires.

Only 2 weeks ago the BoD stood firmly behind TC at the AGM and said he would continue in post.

What changed their views?

Suddenly Div appears on Stv last night and he is out the next morning......

Div is not the messiah......he's just a very baldy boy!

Thank goodness TC is gone. We just need to appoint someone capable of lifting morale, restoring confidence, making us difficult to beat and signing the right players in January to help lift us out this mess.

We need a really strong character.

Well if he's put on gardening leave the statement will say that. If that's the case there will be even less money available to make another appointment.

Where else can we make cuts exactly? The squad?

I think Goodwin will make a good manager, he talks very well and he is a very good motivator, but I don't think his appointment would go down well with a lot of the current squad, the same can be said for Teale and Thompson to a lesser extent, it has to be someone out with the club in my opinion.

This, a new voice with fresh ideas is essential.

• Well if he's put on gardening leave the statement will say that. If that's the case there will be even less money available to make another appointment.

Where else can we make cuts exactly? The squad?

I think we as fans have to play our bit here. We almost to a man, woman and child wanted him to go so now we need to get behind the team and turn out in big numbers for what will be a huge match v Motherwell (regardless of the result at darkheid this weekend). Lets get back to supporting the team while it still isn't too late to sort this car crash of a season.

I feel like Ebeneezer Scrooge waking up realising he hasn't missed Christmas, I had been grumpy like Scrooge since from early October with TC in charge but now I am delighted the board has finally seen sense.

Hopefully they appoint a manager outside the current staff and don't make the same mistake again.

Nigel Worthington would be my choice as manager.

You think we have 100k ' sack the manager fund ' sitting in a bank account?

lol.gif:

You aren't that bright, are you? No small business sits with 100k in the bank account.

We can afford to do it, it has just happened I can assure we will not go in to liquidation as a result.

It is time to admit your shameful campaign against Danny Lennon has brought us nothing but trouble.

Tommy Craig has gone! Top Cat OUT!

eta; I mean a 100k "spare" cash flow in the bank.

Edited by Kemp

They are saying that he got sacked on the news but there is no official statement from the Club yet . I Think they will go down the mutual agreement route. .

Maybe getting moved in to youth development? Would not be a bad idea as long as it involves 4 or 5 months leave first.

You aren't that bright, are you? No small business sits with 100k in the bank account.

We can afford to do it, it has just happened I can assure we will not go in to liquidation as a result.

It is time to admit your shameful campaign against Danny Lennon has brought us nothing but trouble.

Tommy Craig has gone! Top Cat OUT!

eta; I mean a 100k "spare" cash flow in the bank.

If we don't keep the money spare, how do we 'budget for it?'.

We can afford to do it because the board lend us the money, just as they do at several stages throughout the season. So of course we won't go into liquidation!

I'm flattered and amazed you think that the reason DL left was because of my campaign :lol:

I want to record my thanks to Tommy for all the good work he done, as coach under Danny. I am glad he had a go at the manager's position, and am sad it did not work out.

I hope Saints find a replacement soon, and equally that Tommy picks-up a new post.

Ok troops i now want a list of fans who voted with their feet to tell us they will now be back for the Motherwell game.As Deilia Smith would say lets be having you.

I will be back and I'll be at park head on Sunday, I've got a lift as well so I'll have a case of peroni with me .

If we get this appointment right we can stay up, let's do this!

Do you really need this explained to you? You seem almost as intelligent as you are stubborn, so I am going to assume you don't.

Accept it, you backed a donkey.

Yes i do, explain it to me in great detail.

I will back every new St Mirren manager. I backed DL when he got appointed, I backed TC when he got appointed and I'll back the next appointment - whoever it is - too.