Tommy Craig Sacked !

div

Relief when I heard the news at the lunchtime.

Still going to take a hell of an effort to avoid relegation but at least we can try and move forward.

Teale as interim manager and Goodwin off the coaching staff is interesting. I'd heard chat that Goodwin pretty much Craig's assistant with Teale left in the background. Sounds a bit more feasible now. His latest ban has probably played a part too.

Next? Cynically....... I think Teale will get 5 or 6 games and the board will be hoping and praying that he wins at least a couple of them, so there's a sign of progress and they can then justify saving pennies and give him the job until the summer.

Could Goody have been the source of the poison dripped into gilmour's ear re wee danny?

if so, as a first move by Teale, it is a shrewd one.

Goody sets the scene, danny gets pumped, TC fails (making any successor look good by comparison), Goody gets demoted and told he's surplus to requirements, meanwhile GT strolls through the wreckage into the big job.

GT gets the chance due to Goody's initiative and promptly removes him as a threat, at the same time stamping his authority all over the place-reads like a jeffrey archer novel (if it were possible to read one)

I like his style, no mates, no favours and no free rides.

things are looking up

A nice thought but no way Teale had anything to do with Goodwin's fate!

I'm assuming that everyone else agrees that we need a "fresh" permanent appointment (i.e. not a promotion from within?). As others have said, we have got it wrong too many times by doing this and we need someone with new ideas, zero baggage and a clean slate.

Give GT a few games to steady the ship but any thoughts of giving him, or Thommo, the job on a permanent basis are absolute nonsense. I think our players have had it easy for a while (can anyone see Danny or Tommy getting angry?) and we could do with someone to kick a few arses.

Just my thoughts.