So Farewell Then Big Iain

shull

From Facebook....

Iain Elliot

It's with much sadness that I can inform you that Iain passed away at the weekend .

Ian, fondly remembered as the "'Big Guy who sold the Papers at the Cross"' was for years a familiar face around the town up until he relinquished his place as a Paper Seller working for Dunky Jowatt at pitches around the town centre. A quiet but very personable man, Iain attended the Mirin Adult Day Centre at the Lagoon during his latter years however he suffered from ill health for about the past year. A well remembered character of Paisley, and one who was often asked after on the various Paisley Facebook pages, being remembered from his days living at Blackford Road, Hunterhill; Foxbar ; and his flat in Seedhill Road as well as his days at the Cross where he was almost part of the Street Furniture. May he rest in peace.

Saddens me greatly. I used to see him on Seedhill road quite frequently, but after I hadn't seen him for a couple of years I assumed he must have died a while back. Then I saw him again literally a couple of months ago and pointed him out to my wife. It made me happy to know he was still around. RIP.

Edited by zurich_allan

my Uncle Peter used to be one of the paper sellers at the top of Moss Street so I must've known Iain. Was he quite a hefty guy?

Used to chat to both Peter and Iain when they came into BK for a heat back in my younger days.

RIP. Another colourful character from the town gone.

I remember big Ian well. Used to live in Findhorn myself. RIP big man.

I lived in Findhorn also but if I knew then what I know now perhaps it should of been Saints Avenue.

I didn't know him personally , but like many have seen him numerous times in town , part of the town centre for sure.

Well , in his own way he has made his own 'front page headline' today :)

RIP

I lived in Findhorn also but if I knew then what I know now perhaps it should of been Saints Avenue.

I didn't know him personally , but like many have seen him numerous times in town , part of the town centre for sure.

Well , in his own way he has made his own 'front page headline' today smile.png

RIP

Me too, not only lived there but born there !