Motherwell V St Mirren Saturday 20Th December - The Big One

murray street

A new chapter in the St Mirren story, glad that fan power got rid of a poor manager.

TC gone so this will give the players a huge lift, not out of the question

to win this game

NOTE to Shull:

Yer concentrating too much on hatches, matches and despatches, I got in before you on this one.

Edited by murray street

A new chapter in the St Mirren story, glad that fan power got rid of a poor manager.

to win this game

NOTE to Shull:

Yer concentrating too much on hatches, matches and despatches, I got in before you on this one.

A bit premature dafty lol.gif

Is this for the match on the 8th April 2015 ? whistling.gif

Edited by shull

to win this game

NOTE to Shull:

Are we taking the credit for it or perhaps it was the results

Hmm, a convincing win for us, extremely unlikely. A close fought, dour low quality game, extremely likely. Loss to a scrappy set play , sense of the inevitable

A defeat and the confirmation of our fate, detached position in the league and a season of unrelenting misery and the unavoidable termination of our SPFL status slowly approaches, that is the default outcome I'm setting myself up for.

So anything better, then it's Jingle Bells all the way..................

PS Santa, I've been a eally good boy unsure.png

Some of our early forward play yesterday was promising. Crucial that we score first and not be chasing the game at home. The teams fitness has been questioned but most know that regular defeats sucks the energy from you whereas winning has the opposite effect. Just a wee rub of the green, plus 9 changes to the team and we will be fine

Unfortunatly due to the clusterf**k of a squad that Craig left us with he is our only actual centre half, so despite being no where near good enough he will be in until we can strengthen in January!

A truly frightening thought. FFs, St Mirren have needed a decent Centre half for more years that I care to remember now.

Footnote : Feedback from a few Sellic who attended yesterdays game at Parkhead................

"St mirren are by far and a way the worst team they have seen this season, it could easily have been about eight against yesterday. Saints have no defence , nae midfield, no spirit and hee haw upfront ! Automatic relegation cos Ross County are far better in terms of players, organisation and attitude".

It's great when the opposition fans confirm your darkest thoughts ! sad.png

Thank phuck this is the season for miracles................holiday.gif

I feel Gary Teale let himself down with the line-up at Parkhead, can't believe Reilly started, and we were even worse than usual in defence.

Every team in the league will fancy putting a few past us if we keep lining up the same way defensively. Maybe time to go 5 at the back? Kelly and Naismith are pretty poor defenders but are decent going forward, possibly would work to get them to try and push Motherwell back. As mentioned above, it would be ideal to drop McAusland but somehow Craig brought us in to the season without any other centre backs. It seems Plummer isn't going to be coming back either which doesn't exactly help.

We have lost 4 to Celtic, 4 to Inverness, 3 to Hamilton and 3 to Dundee Utd in recent weeks, even Ross County put two easy goals past us. It would be insane to go out with the same 4 across the back and expect anything other than another hammering. Reilly gets overrun and Kelly can't really defend, its too easy for the opposition to find weak points.

The squad is a shambles and we dont have many options, so I really hope with a change of system we might be able to shore up the defence.

Will be interesting to see what Teale is made of.

We had a go at Celtic and could have scored a couple more in the first 10 minutes.

Sadly we conceded again just after we scored which would have taken the wind out our sails.Considering it was 3-1 after 18 minutes we are fortunate it wasn't a severe scoreline.

Celtic could easily have beaten Motherwell by 7 or more last week and they thumped County in Dingwall.

Much better to judge the team this week. Goodwin and Osbourne will shore up our midfield allowing McGinn and McLean to express themselves. Wylde has to be in contention too.

We have beaten Motherwell a few times when the chips are down,for that reason I think we'll scrape a 1-0 win.

We had a go at Celtic and could have scored a couple more in the first 10 minutes.

Sadly we conceded again just after we scored which would have taken the wind out our sails.Considering it was 3-1 after 18 minutes we are fortunate it wasn't a severe scoreline.

Celtic could easily have beaten Motherwell by 7 or more last week and they thumped County in Dingwall.

Much better to judge the team this week. Goodwin and Osbourne will shore up our midfield allowing McGinn and McLean to express themselves. Wylde has to be in contention too.

We have beaten Motherwell a few times when the chips are down,for that reason I think we'll scrape a 1-0

Osbourne looked as though he went off with a knock, wouldn't be surprised if he was out of Saturday's game

I feel Gary Teale let himself down with the line-up at Parkhead, can't believe Reilly started, and we were even worse than usual in defence.

Every team in the league will fancy putting a few past us if we keep lining up the same way defensively. Maybe time to go 5 at the back? Kelly and Naismith are pretty poor defenders but are decent going forward, possibly would work to get them to try and push Motherwell back. As mentioned above, it would be ideal to drop McAusland but somehow Craig brought us in to the season without any other centre backs. It seems Plummer isn't going to be coming back either which doesn't exactly help.

We have lost 4 to Celtic, 4 to Inverness, 3 to Hamilton and 3 to Dundee Utd in recent weeks, even Ross County put two easy goals past us. It would be insane to go out with the same 4 across the back and expect anything other than another hammering. Reilly gets overrun and Kelly can't really defend, its too easy for the opposition to find weak points.

The squad is a shambles and we dont have many options, so I really hope with a change of system we might be able to shore up the defence.

Will be interesting to see what Teale is made of.

Think a 3-5-2 could work for us, as you say Naismith and Kelly are good going forward but can be suspect at the back so having 3 CB’s able to cover for them will help. Mcginn and Osbourne were good yesterday at driving forward from the back, hopefully Osbourne is fit for Saturday. Don’t know who is best to play up front with Thommo but he needs someone alongside him. I’d go like this:

Ridgers

Mcausland Goodwin Tesselar

Naismith Kelly

Osbourne

Mcginn Mclean

Reilly/Marwood Thompson

It's a poor state of affairs but if we are going to partner anyone with Thompson it would need to be Ball, the other two options there could play non-stop until the end of the season and not score.

Possibly putting Kenny McLean up front may be the only other option.

And Goodwin can't play CB, would be better with Baird.