Motherwell V St Mirren Saturday 20Th December - The Big One

murray street

Who else is there? Marwood, Ball, Caldwell? They've all been just as bad as Reilly. He has been played in midfield all year even though he was always a striker until breaking into the first team.

I would play Ball before Thomas Reilly... That says it all. I honestly cannot believe he's a St. Mirren player, he brings nothing to the team.

Play McLean off Thommo. His best position in my opinion is further forward than we normally play him. I would use young Mallan to replace him. Mallon may not be ready for the first team yet but there is more merit in playing a very young player to gain experience than the likes of Ball, Reilly, Caldwell, or Marwood who have all had numerous chances and none have shown they have what it takes (I would tell them all to find a new club in January). Mallan to me has shown up better in midfield than Reilly has. At least he has a bit of dig about him.

Cheesy needs dropped. I've been a big supporter of him in seasons past, but he needs a wee stint on the bench for his (and the teams) own good. From what I heard on the radio, Tess done okay at centre half, so I'd keep him there. Play either Goodwin or Baird with him. Ideally we'd have another centre half to play, but nah, cheers Tommy.

Cheesy needs dropped. I've been a big supporter of him in seasons past, but he needs a wee stint on the bench for his (and the teams) own good. From what I heard on the radio, Tess done okay at centre half, so I'd keep him there. Play either Goodwin or Baird with him. Ideally we'd have another centre half to play, but nah, cheers Tommy.

I thought Tess has played decent at CB. I would go for him and Baird on Saturday in there, sadly Cheesy will play regardless. I really want Cheesy to do well but he's got worse this season.

I thought Tess has played decent at CB. I would go for him and Baird on Saturday in there, sadly Cheesy will play regardless. I really want Cheesy to do well but he's got worse this season.

Agreed. I thought he'd been improving over the past couple of seasons, but he's really regressed this time round. Can't help his confidence. Baird played well against the fakes and looked promising. Would like to see him given more game time.

Agreed. I thought he'd been improving over the past couple of seasons, but he's really regressed this time round. Can't help his confidence. Baird played well against the fakes and looked promising. Would like to see him given more game time.

I would agree with that.

Unlike the rest of the team who have improved beyond all recognition.

So many of the team have gone backwards and it can only be down to what Tommy Craig has been doing in training. Brilliant coach my arse! It sounds like he gave up and all the passion and fight has gone out of the team.

Kello looked like the best shot stopper I'd ever seen in a St Mirren shirt, based on this season he should be released (and would not find another club)

No improvement from Kelly & Naismith

McAusland is a disaster, can only assume his confidence has gone.

Goodwin used to have some presence but things are passing him by.

McLean, played out of position and clearly lacking belief, missed chance at Parkhead a clear example. McGinn playing ok now but nowhere near where he could be.

Reilly, they claim this guy is an incredible talent but he has never shown anything for the first team. Thompson has been injured, although even that may be down to Craig rushing him back.

The only positive here is that a new manager that could motivate and get the best from Goodwin, McLean, McGinn & Thompson would be like giving us 4 new players, and pretty good ones at that!

Then we have absolutely no-one to play up front. Decent shout if we had any more strikers on our books. I would play Tess and Goodwin there until we can get some more players in. But I liked the look of young Baird but don't know if a relegation scrap is the best time to blood a young boy.

Has Thommo' ever played CB in a Lee McCulloch or Derek Johnstone style? IE - A big guy able to play either position? He's not fit enough to lead the line on his own and run a thankless task all day. Stick him at the back with Goodwin.

I remember Chris Sutton doing this for Celtic in an Old Firm game once. Could be an option for Thommo next season.

I think when Kello is on form and confident he is a better keeper than Ridgers so I would give Kello a start now that he has had a few weeks out and has hopefully got the message that he is not an automatic first pick if he is not playing well.

We have big problems defensively. Naismith, Kelly and McAusland have all been poor this season defensively and so I have shifted 3/4 of the defence and switched to a back 3 helped by hopefully a stuffy midfield to see if switching things might help make us harder to beat and begin registering our first clean sheet. I'd ramp up the bonus money for a clean sheet and a win for this game too!

Kelly and Naismith have been a lot better going forward and in some games Naismith has been our biggest goal threat so I have switched the both to wide midfielders playing in front of holding midfielders Osborne and Plummer - I'd expect them to be getting back and helping the back 3 out. McLean to be played in the hole behind Thompson.

If Plummer isn't fit (imagine our surprise 2 weeks on from TC saying he would give him a late fitness test before the St Johnstone game and he;d be a definite to play against Celtic) then i'd just go with Osborne as our holding midfielder and play Reilly upfront alongside Thompson.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

I think when Kello is on form and confident he is a better keeper than Ridgers so I would give Kello a start now that he has had a few weeks out and has hopefully got the message that he is not an automatic first pick if he is not playing well.

We have big problems defensively. Naismith, Kelly and McAusland have all been poor this season defensively and so I have shifted 3/4 of the defence and switched to a back 3 helped by hopefully a stuffy midfield to see if switching things might help make us harder to beat and begin registering our first clean sheet. I'd ramp up the bonus money for a clean sheet and a win for this game too!

Kelly and Naismith have been a lot better going forward and in some games Naismith has been our biggest goal threat so I have switched the both to wide midfielders playing in front of holding midfielders Osborne and Plummer - I'd expect them to be getting back and helping the back 3 out. McLean to be played in the hole behind Thompson.

If Plummer isn't fit (imagine our surprise 2 weeks on from TC saying he would give him a late fitness test before the St Johnstone game and he;d be a definite to play against Celtic) then i'd just go with Osborne as our holding midfielder and play Reilly upfront alongside Thompson.

What is the situation with Plummer?

Some on here are suggesting he is fit but may be refusing to play.

If that is the case ....

If that is the case ....

And if it is the case, we should punt him and his mate back to Man Shitty right now. And Marwood while we're at it.

Edited by saint in exile

Kello

Baird Goodwin Tesselaar

Plummer Osborne

Naismith McGinn Kelly

McLean

Thompson

Subs: Ridgers, McAusland, Reilly, Drury, Teale / Wylde, Caldwell, Ball

7 defensive players at home to a side as poor as us - surely not ? Lets see the new management having a go to try to get the home win monkey off the back. Baird and Tess with Kelly and Naismith in their natural positions please. Would. Be nice to get Wylde back to play up top with Thommo a bit of pace to run onto his flick on's leaving McLean, McGinn, Osborne and either Mallan or Goidwin in midfield. Play guys in their natural positions and take the game to Well.

If that is the case ....

Can't see why he wouldn't want to play, he's here to get experience and gametime so he can try to break into the Man City first squad so sitting in the stands isn't going to help him do that. He'll see Dummet playing every week for Newcastle and know having a decent season here could be a great stepping stone. Sometimes injuries just last longer than expected.

One of the following three things will happen

1- we will win at home for the first time this season

2 - we will keep a clean sheet or

3 - a Saints striker will score for the first time since September.

If all three happens I'll be over the moon.

Can't see it so I'll go for the first one and 2-1 Saints - McLean and Naismith.

Keep the faith.

I hope Teale has the balls to drop Cheesy on Saturday for two reasons. 1 to show the squad and the fans that he is his own man and that its not an old pals' act and more of the same. And 2 our defence has not had a clean sheet since last season so something needs to change.

Tess has looked more accomplished as a central defender after just a couple of games than Cheesy has all season. Play Goodwin with Tess and Plummer in front of them (or Plummer or Baird with Tess).