Motherwell V St Mirren Saturday 20Th December - The Big One

murray street

I haven't seen the footage of the goal. I do sit in W1 though and I'd think we had a better view than the camera.

We all thought it was in. Indeed I had started celebrating as it never occurred to me it wouldn't be given. I didn't even think it was close.

Was absolutely amazed to get the tap on the shoulder and be told it was no goal.

Edited by TopCat

I haven't seen the footage of the goal. I do sit in W1 though and I'd think we had a better view than the camera.

We all thought it was in. Indeed I had started celebrating as it never occurred to me it wouldn't be given. I didn't even think it was close.

Was absolutely amazed to get the tap on the shoulder and be told it was no goal.

I sat behind the goal and haven't spoken to anyone who did likewise and didn't think it was in.

Being realistic , we were never going to start immediately winning games as soon as Tommy got hooked.

The damage to the team moral was quite deep.

Teale is not going to be the new manager that much is certain , but what he has done is freshen it up and the team look livelier than they have all season.Anything we pick up with the interim manager will be a bonus.

Green shoots today , that if nothing else is a start.

More endeavour from the team , more belief than we have seen and losing in the manner we did today , is slightly more bearable.

Roll on the next game :)

Absolutely devastated after today. Really think we couldn't have afforded a loss. It's a long road back from here but i seen enough fight from the boys to think its doable. Up there with one of the most inconsistent refereeing performances ever. Alan Muir lost it.

Was thinking to myself at 1-1 if Well get away with a point it'll be daylight robbery. How they walked away with three is beyond me. They offered nothing today.

Kenny was incredible today, covering every blade of grass would consider playing him further up the field in the future.

Really need to start picking up points soon.

Motherwell fans seem to be lapping this up, claiming they are the superior side and only had to play ten seconds of football to win.

I certainly hope we won't be lacking in motivation to make sure that mob are finally relegated come the end of the season.

Motherwell fans seem to be lapping this up, claiming they are the superior side and only had to play ten seconds of football to win.

I certainly hope we won't be lacking in motivation to make sure that mob are finally relegated come the end of the season.

That's them played 20 seconds against us this season and taken 6 points.

We CAN catch them. Plenty of time.

Jonathan Sutherland has put a comment on Twitter saying he's watched the McLean header several times and his opinion is it didn't go over the line. The force of the header hitting the bar shook the net, the TV coverage will not support the goal claim, in his opinion. He also thinks the sending off was wrong, there is contact but yellow card offence.

He will be scanning to see if Goody done any naughties

Absolutely conned by totally incompetent referee and linesman. Thompson's tackle merited a yellow at worst, how the linesman missed the ball being over the line (the roof of the net rippled FFS), Naismith being taken out in the box and Tesselaar having a perfectly good goal ruled out. Oh not to mention Motherwell's centre half (the one that was involved with Thompson) somehow avoiding a red card, well it is completely beyond me. But there is hope in the way we played today. Could not have asked for any more from our lads today. Gave it everything and then some. Special mention for Kenny McLean has to be made in the way he was asked to take on the lone role up front. Played the role absolutely superbly. And really liked the look of the two young kids. At no point at all did they look out of place.

Whether it is Butcher or Tangoman Calderwood (according to BBC Sportsound it is more or less between those two) who takes over, they have a nucleus of players there who are up for the fight. Plenty points to play for and some wheeling and dealing just might rescue the trainwreck of the season inflicted on us by the ginder madman. There is hope yet.

SMTID. KTF.

I thought Thompson was reckless. Wasn't surprised to see red

from where i was sitting, mcleans header didn't cross the line

and tesselaar was offside

too many folk wearing blinkers

I expect that it was all Longwell's and Teale's fault.

From where I was sitting there were a couple of reckless Motherwell tackles one from behind and the other on McGinn where he was halved in 2. Didn't even see yellow for them. No consistency in the refereeing. Also the penalty shout when McLean went down, if that wasn't a penalty then McLean should have been booked for diving.

Also the tackle that resulted in Thommo being sent of from the Motherwell player was also reckless. He came right in through the back of Thommo.

To put the sending off into context , I think the tv highlights should show the Motherwell player going through Stevie Thompson from behind and getting spoken about the tenth minute , five minutes later the same player goes through Thompson again , clearly a foul by the Motherwell player , but both players go down.

I actually thought the Motherwell player was feigning injury because he knew he had committed a foul and was trying to dodge a card ( again )

The Ref however couldn,t get his red card out quick enough and like everyone else totally bemused with the sending off .

If the sending off was for retaliation , then I think we should have had the free kick ( another indication that the ref was out to get us )

Loads of inconsistencies , loads of bias towards Motherwell .

Well done Teale for trying a few different things , and getting the team fired up.

Can see us getting a few good results now , couldn,t see that a month ago.

So in the cold light of day .......

Had an excellent pre-match in the Fanzone. Well attended and set us up for the game. The Fans Council want to enlarge and repeat the event - great stuff. Went into the game in high spirits.

Could not believe O'Brian stayed on the park. Two scything tackles on Thommo then a third when I thought the red card was for O'Brian - could not believe it was for Thommo. Maybe Thommo did something I did not see but I saw O'Brian come in from behind with two feet - at least a yellow card. O'Brian then committed various other fouls and just before half-time he grabbed McLean round the neck in a stranglehold and pulled him back. That should have been a red card alone. No surprise he was taken off at half-time.

I was in W3 and the ball looked over the line to me and the reactions from all the players - Well and us - indicated a goal. Dumbstruck when the ref waved play on. Mclear was definitely tripped inside the box - maybe a wee bit elaborate but a trip is a trip. And to me Tess had a great run past the defence to receive the pass. He was well past their last man but again to me he looked like he started his run long before that.

Mallon and Mclear did more today than various others (and we all know who they are) have done in all the opportunities they have had all season. Time to tell 5 players to find new clubs in January.

I am not the greatest fan of Mclean as I can see the talent he has but I also think he has many deficiencies in his game. However to-day he was superb. If he can play like that every week (but not take free-kicks) then he will progress far in the game. Well done Kenny.

But no failures yesterday. We played against 11 men with only 10 and could have had three goals. They only had two efforts in 90 mins. We outplayed then and had more corners. But most of all we showed appetite and commitment that we have lacked all season. It will be tough but get some players in on January and we can stay up.