Motherwell V St Mirren Saturday 20Th December - The Big One

murray street

I thought Thompson was reckless. Wasn't surprised to see red

from where i was sitting, mcleans header didn't cross the line

and tesselaar was offside

too many folk wearing blinkers

you sit slightly further along w3 from me and were therefore further away from the south stand goal than i was, i couldnt say whether or not it was over the line, i did think it hit the roof of the net though and the reaction from players all round were a giveaway that it was a goal, why did the ref need to wave play on if he didnt see a goal or a foul ? i reckon the linesman has been at fault for this - possibly because all linesmen get dogs abuse in front W3, i'm now waiting for your crticism of the play acting,cheating and unpunished fouls committed by motherwell

My tuppence worth - so many times you say he's the worst ref I've ever saw - that arse yesterday - that's it there will never be a worse ref!!!

Thommo - to me looked like tried to protect himself from the incoming assault - thought well guy was off.

The goal - not one in the ground or back at the pub thought it wasn't a goal - everyone just got up and celebrated.

The penalty - aye it was!

Some of the challenges that went unpunished - ridiculous!

At the end when McLean tried to give the guy the ball for the throw in and he refused to take - what the actual fook??? Then he ends up getting booked too - ref clueless but him and his linesman - had to be cheating ffs absolute disgrace the pair of them.

HOWEVER THE POSITIVE - team did well and the fans were great - what a reception at the end - appreciation shown for a fine performance and very trying circumstances.

Oh and another thing - when have we ever needed extra stewards brought into the west stand to stand down the front - that shows you how bad that ref was!

My tuppence worth - so many times you say he's the worst ref I've ever saw - that arse yesterday - that's it there will never be a worse ref!!!

Thommo - to me looked like tried to protect himself from the incoming assault - thought well guy was off.

The goal - not one in the ground or back at the pub thought it wasn't a goal - everyone just got up and celebrated.

The penalty - aye it was!

Some of the challenges that went unpunished - ridiculous!

At the end when McLean tried to give the guy the ball for the throw in and he refused to take - what the actual fook??? Then he ends up getting booked too - ref clueless but him and his linesman - had to be cheating ffs absolute disgrace the pair of them.

HOWEVER THE POSITIVE - team did well and the fans were great - what a reception at the end - appreciation shown for a fine performance and very trying circumstances.

Oh and another thing - when have we ever needed extra stewards brought into the west stand to stand down the front - that shows you how bad that ref was!

That was more like 50 bobs than tuppence worth, Miss Spangle.

Agree with you though.

Highlights available now

https://nj.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I%2BhHXwwEJWYCat%2B4sCMp%2BwNXJ93O7r0fo7VVrFE7dNRfg%3D%3D&bit=1

Coverage of sending off not very good, however a minute or so before the incident you can see thommo jostling with the same guy

in the box, so it may have been a bit of afters.

Mcleans goal looks like it was over the line

Who was the bad boy at 4 mins 08 throwing something on the pitch, hope that doesn't get

spotted.

Edited by murray street

Highlights available now

https://nj.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I%2BhHXwwEJWYCat%2B4sCMp%2BwNXJ93O7r0fo7VVrFE7dNRfg%3D%3D&bit=1

Coverage of sending off not very good, however a minute or so before the incident you can see thommo jostling with the same guy

in the box, so it may have been a bit of afters.

Mcleans goal looks like it was over the line

Who was the bad boy at 4 mins 08 throwing something on the pitch, hope that doesn't get

spotted.

St Mirren did something that could potentially get us in to trouble and you hope it won't be picked up? Good luck with that.

Did Naismith get booked for getting fouled at the end there?

I can't see how that is a red card for Thompson but unfortunately I can't see it getting overturned either. I would say we need to appeal though as we don't have any other strikers for next week!

Seems to be this season that "The hits just keep on coming............"

I did think there was a good spirit and attitude about us , bitter pill though, we were defeated by a dreadful Motherwell team and all we are subjected to now in the wash up is the media fawning love in as the refreshing and honest Barraclough's reign starts with a win. Pass me e spew bucket........

Ffs

Who the feck edited those highlights.

Didn't show Saints offside goal yet managed to find time to show a weak Motherwell cross that went in to Ridgers hands. AND they replayed it.

Feels like we do get the shitty end of the stick far too often.

Edited to ad: no footage of the penalty claims either.

Edited by Bobby_F

Ball looked well over , guy was flying through Thompson , and a foul could have easily been given against , Ref was out for us , and only a booking for kung fu kicking a St Mirren player in the last mintes

Indeed.

Led with his studs.

That's a clear sending off in Alan Muir's eyes.

Oh wait, it wasn't, if you're a 'Well player.dry.png

The ball looks over the line on the first bounce for McLean's header.

Thommo was out for retribution after the earlier tackle , need to see it again. I was in line with the "goal" and didn't think it was over , and the penalty shout was a clean ball winning tackle.

The officials did have a nightmare though !

I think he was just looking after himself he knew what was coming

The boy went through him just before and Kenny Black could be seen applauding and telling the boy to keep doing it

The worse tackle is at the end and Naismith who ended up a yellow card for getting karate kicked

Unbelievable Jeff

surely it was the Motherwell player who was the principle aggressor in the Thompson red card incident? I'll bet he squealed like a cowardly wee pig as he went down in apparent agony....just to make sure he wasn't punished....f**king bonus for the cheating bastard when he looked up from the turf to see Thompson walking off. And was he carried off on a stretcher from the injury he suffered from Thompson's studs? no, was he f**k. Just up and carried on.. his team mates patting him on the back for practicaly guaranteeing their win bonus.

Sickening.

surely it was the Motherwell player who was the principle aggressor in the Thompson red card incident? I'll bet he squealed like a cowardly wee pig as he went down in apparent agony....just to make sure he wasn't punished....f**king bonus for the cheating bastard when he looked up from the turf to see Thompson walking off. And was he carried off on a stretcher from the injury he suffered from Thompson's studs? no, was he f**k. Just up and carried on.. his team mates patting him on the back for practicaly guaranteeing their win bonus.

Sickening.

He came on the pitch at the end and all his team mates were patting him on the back right enough

Sickening.

I've absolutely no doubt that Well were sent out with instructions to try to rough Thompson up.

No doubt their hope was that our 36-year old, just returned from injury, not-fully fit talisman would pick up another knock from a few heavy challenges. Him actually getting sent off after 19 minutes was clearly a bonus.

No idea why Muir let O'Brian off with the first couple of tackles on Thommo, but it just gave him licence to keep going.

The one he eventually did get a yellow for could easily have been his fourth.

Watched the kung fu kick at Naismiths chest , which the Motherwell player only got booked for , and noticed him lie down on the floor as if he,s in agony to dodge a red card ( which worked ) , .

The Thompsons sending off incident was a Motherwell player hurting himself , whilst he himself was trying to hurt a player .

And the ball is definitely over the line .

Really disappointed in the editing .

Wonder if the SFA compliance guy will have a look at the kung fu kick

Watched the kung fu kick at Naismiths chest , which the Motherwell player only got booked for , and noticed him lie down on the floor as if he,s in agony to dodge a red card ( which worked ) , .

The Thompsons sending off incident was a Motherwell player hurting himself , whilst he himself was trying to hurt a player .

And the ball is definitely over the line .

Really disappointed in the editing .

Wonder if the SFA compliance guy will have a look at the kung fu kick

Was given a yellow, so I don't think it can be changed.

Was more of a red card than Thommo's.